Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rear bushes

+6
toaster55
Gtirchris
johnny gtir
gtirnick
grim_d
gtir_woody
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Rear bushes  Empty Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 6:01 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

All the rear bushes in my car are stock, so while my sub frame is out I'm going to replace them with powerflex or equivalent. My question is which ones are worth doing? Are there particular ones which if in good condition I should just leave? Thanks! Smile

2Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 7:41 am

grim_d

grim_d

I wouldnt change the subframe mount ones unless yours are particularly knackered. Just my opinion.

While you have the frame off pay close inspection to the rear right mount on the car, this is a particularly common area for corrosion between the skins.

3Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 8:56 am

gtirnick

i would say all if u have the time and funding to do it.
mind you i've only done the whiteline subframe lock and align bushings on my gtir kuz i dont want to take it all apart. but most of the race prepped civic/crx/miatas i drive have everything done. every little bit counts. wrap the metal sleeves and the outsides of the bushings with teflon tape and then grease it. will last longer before grease dries up and stuff starts squeeking.

4Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 10:46 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Get the right bushes and do the subframe i use custom made ones over powerflex for the subframe so they are new better than old worn ones but not to still for road use as you can over bush a car in my opinion and spoil the handling rather than improve it

5Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 11:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks for the comments lads. I would be keen to replace them all however as Johnny said I've heard people not liking the drivability after replacing them all. Might be being picky but hate spending money and not being happy with the outcome Laughing

6Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 11:17 am

Gtirchris

I've put the superpro bushes on the trailing arms and parallel arms on mine and they are fine, not too hard around the back roads and stiff enough to tighten up the handling noticeably, tbh I have used superpro in a lot of applications at home and at work and i've never had a problem with them, also they are the same shore (hardness) rating as the normal powerflex range and they are a fraction of the price. Wink

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

7Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 2:11 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah chris, I was having a look at some powerflex bushes and they seem really expensive.

8Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 3:45 pm

Gtirchris

Yep, the powerflex bushes are priced per bush, well they are over here anyway, whereas the superpro are priced per pack.

9Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 5:51 pm

toaster55

toaster55

My whole car was done this summer, and all i can say is its made a noticeable differance over the 20year old bushes. I have custom subframe mount ones and a mixture of powerflex and whiteline for everything else.

10Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 6:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.priracing.com/product.php/2934/0/pulsar-gtir---fr---rr---suspension-bushes-kit/82f0d3fcaac2ac6129f436074958c584

11Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 7:06 pm

grim_d

grim_d

That is cheap.

I paid 350 for a full set for the red car, think I have the subframe ones too though.

Think they might be whiteline. The tubes are not stainless. Not yet fitted.

Powerflex all round on the black car aside from the subframe itself.

12Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 7:37 pm

Gtirchris

nomad wrote:http://www.priracing.com/product.php/2934/0/pulsar-gtir---fr---rr---suspension-bushes-kit/82f0d3fcaac2ac6129f436074958c584
Yup, that's where i get mine from, the guy (Ross) that runs it is a top bloke, very helpful and always does me a
good deal, maybe he will do a good rate for club members?, woody it may be worth calling him and asking the question as long as the shipping and import taxes aren't going to be extortionate?

13Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 8:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I could see if we could get club discount if you wish ...

14Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 8:05 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I wish.
should be much more club deals and people asking if others are interested as they buy stuff

15Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 9:22 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Right ok so ive left them a message to see what they can offer us ... so il let you all know the outcome .

16Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 9:31 pm

Gtirchris

Cool, good work Leighton, hopefully they will do us a deal

17Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 9:34 pm

robins

be interested in a set

18Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 14th November 2014, 11:00 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's awesome, thanks Leighton, let's see how we get on.

19Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 15th November 2014, 12:17 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah hopefully any discount is better than nothing i probably wont hear much until monday though being the weekend but il be sure to see what pennies can be saved for us ... Wink

20Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 19th November 2014, 8:18 am

robins

any news?

21Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 19th November 2014, 10:04 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Rethinking, my front bushes are already done so I'll just need the rear. I'll add up the prices just for the rear, it might be better value buying the whole set. Unless someone would want the fronts off me.

22Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 19th November 2014, 10:09 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

No they havent got back to me at all wich im suprised about as business is business with lots of potential customers .......il give it another go tonight ...

23Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 29th November 2014, 9:05 am

robins

Did you hear anything on these?

24Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 29th November 2014, 9:41 am

RO_SUNNY

RO_SUNNY

I am also interested in a full poly bush set.

A group buy would be nice!

Cheers

25Rear bushes  Empty Re: Rear bushes 29th November 2014, 1:00 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ive just sent them another email and asked them to contact me as didnt hear a thing back from them at all ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum