Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nistune mapper

+6
johnny gtir
Gl3nnGTIR
GTI-R US
gtir_pimp
GTIR James
boydy
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nistune mapper Empty Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 11:09 am

boydy

boydy

Hi there everyone,ive not been on here for a good while. Does any one know of a shit hot tuner that i could take my car to for a nistune and mapping? Im gettin some larger injectors and have an elec boost controller on its way.The car i have is bobs old track car that ive now had for a year and half and the friggin thing is awesome i love it so much. Im just runnin one bar at the mo,i dont want silly power lol but just abit more,like 320 ish. I dont mind travelin as i oviosly want a shit hot job doin and i will go ny where for it to be dun rite. 
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Cheers lee

2Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 12:19 pm

GTIR James

Martin & MB automotive for a decent tune. Don't expect hp figures tho

3Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 12:25 pm

boydy

boydy

GTIR James wrote:Martin & MB automotive for a decent tune. Don't expect hp figures tho
What do you mean pal? Is he no good at gettin the horses or do you mean cos ill still be runnin the top mount?

4Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 12:33 pm

GTIR James

His not interested in pub talk. He will tune the car on the road. Most mappers are only interested in numbers. The end number isn't important it's how the car drives.

5Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 12:56 pm

boydy

boydy

Ahhh rite she drives well now but i defo want more power so hopefully i could get the most from the nistune and the other mods,dont rearly wanna be payin alot of money and its no quicker

6Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 2:10 pm

gtir_pimp

gtir_pimp

Jez at horsham developments

7Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 3:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep I would say either pro tuner around Birmingham area heard nothing but good reports on them or jez at Horsham or matin at mb as said above as he did a fantastic job of glens car on here, one of the best maps ive ever seen Wink

or if your not in an urgent rush we will have a dyno shortly and one of the top mappers in the country possibly available to us as im in discussion with him at present

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 4:02 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

He did do a great job on my car i have to agree and he live mapped with me driving, my only thing i would say and iv heard from a few people he was very hard to get hold of when i need a final map and waited 8 weeks for him to answer his phone and he never did complete the map. Just the truth the map was good afterservice was sh*t. Greg at pro tuners is good also. Or like bob says be a little patient and go for bobs bloke Smile

9Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 6:23 pm

boydy

boydy

Hey thanks for all your help guys im abit stumped now lol i think it would make alot of sense to just wait for your tuner bob as i know your the man m8 and would only have the best, theres a few more choices than i thought there would be. I like the idea of the live mappin while im drivin thats sweet but would get pritty peed off if i had probs gettin hold of him,what kind of power did you get G13nn gtir?

10Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 7:01 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

He dont do live mapping while you drive now. He must have someone to drive as he told me that and he dont offer a while you wait service. Could not give me a date time or a how long he wanted the car. I told him i was travling down its miles i needed some idea the contact stopped ther

11Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 7:27 pm

boydy

boydy

Bloody ell sounds pritty c**p then m8,dont know how he can run a business like that that would my head in.dont think ile bother wiv him then. Ive just had a look at the pro tuner sight and horshams and they both look good,think im swayin towards pro tuner as they seem to of done alot of sr20s for the track

12Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 7:40 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It was annoying i ran short of time to get to the rally show so ended up refitting standard turbo injectors and ecu. I would not be bothered but as said glens map was very good

13Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 7:51 pm

boydy

boydy

Blimey yeah sounds like you ad some mythere then,so you uprated all that stuff ready for a session then and had to put it back to standard?
I may give pro tuner and horsham abell tomoz and see what they have to say

14Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 22nd October 2014, 9:21 pm

joe gt racer

joe gt racer

Mate I kno what you mean with mapping as I had big troubles with mine There is a guy mentioned many times on gtiroc and all I can say is dont go there as really bad map and car always runnin rich and shit with no go in it after he mapped it just like lots the other stories since and all the same thing about the guy an maps he doing and I felt robbed by the man If you need to know who I am talking about then make me a pm and I will tell as I don't want to get or course trouble on here. So anywhere other than that place bud

15Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 23rd October 2014, 9:38 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Well well well drink

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

16Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 24th October 2014, 11:48 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Greg at protuner in redditch is a decent guy, live maps aswell as he only has a 2wd rr but he does all the driftcars for driftworks etc so decent rep

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

17Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 26th October 2014, 4:53 pm

boydy

boydy

Sounds sweet that,i spoke to him yesterday and yes seems a decent guy and also sounds like he does a propper thorough job,checks compression and a load of other stuff before even attemptin to start tuning. Im gettin a z32 air flo metre,evo 560 cc injectors and the new greddy profec boost controller,he will map wiv nistune and do all the other stuff no probs and just needs the car for a couple of days. I hope i can get about 320bhp still runnin the top mount and not pushing the t28 to much.He said the only way i would suffer for power is in the summer on hot days if sat in traffic cos of the heat soak but he did say the standard intercoolers do have great cores in them so weul see. Also he said the z32 and injectors would go whey over 320 with bigger turbo and other supporting mods so i may do abit more in a few years,but im hopeing to be more than happy with the out come of the nistune. I noticed he ad done a load of winning sr20's for drifting so got to stand for sumat,thanks for everyones help on this its much apreciated

18Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 26th October 2014, 9:46 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

lee as said I've never had any dealings or even spoke to him but have heard nothing other than good reports regarding them

Yeah z32 and larger injectors will take you beyond what the stock turbo is capable of. Just remember it's also the clutch, gearbox and engine under more stress and baring in mind many parts are over 20 years old there is a possibility that any weak points may let go but that's just something you won't know until you try it and see
Good luck with it and let us know how you get on

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

19Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 27th October 2014, 12:28 pm

boydy

boydy

Thanks bob yeah he seemed rearly decent and seems like he knows his stuff. Well i remember when i ad the car from yer you put me that nismo clutch in dint yer and i think it was rated at 340 so im hopeing thatul be ok and yes like you say everything will be under more strain but i hope sheul be ok as im not one for thrashin her just the odd little blast now and agen lol! Gotta be done! Bob can you think back to what fuel pump you left on her after you had used her for the track? Im sure ude left an uprated one on? As he had asked me and i wasnt sure.
And yes m8 i will certainly let you know how i get on cheers

20Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 27th October 2014, 3:07 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

it was that long ago now lee I honestly cant remember but would assume its a walbro in there but I would double check just to be on the safe side seeing as will only take 20mins to check

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

21Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 28th October 2014, 5:51 pm

boydy

boydy

Alrite then bob no worries,where abouts is the fuel pump on em?

22Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 28th October 2014, 6:40 pm

toaster55

toaster55

in the fuel tank! Laughing you need to take of the metal cover in the boot, then unscrew big plastic cap and then have a look in, from what i remember, also no smoking or you'll go boom!

23Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 28th October 2014, 9:10 pm

boydy

boydy

Haha nice one pal good job ive never smoked then! Sounds easy enough then

24Nistune mapper Empty Re: Nistune mapper 28th October 2014, 9:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is a how to guide on here how to remove the fuel pump its quite an easy job to do ....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum