Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Nissan consult & nistune softwhare?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 22nd January 2014, 10:21 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ok after reading Daves thread about ECU's I was thinking about getting a consult cable & nistune softwhare so I can datalog my nistune ecu etc.

Now what do I need exactly? is it just a consult cable & Nistune softwhere I need? & how much am I looking at for the nistune program?

Is this consult cable right?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Diagnostic-Interface-14-pin-RS232-Cable-Consult-Port-for-Nissan-vehicles-Seat-/261310267546?pt=UK_Diagnostic_Tools_Equipment&hash=item3cd74e409a

Cant find nistune softwhare?

2Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 22nd January 2014, 10:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats it gaz .... you can download the nistune software as a 180 day trial thing when it runs out just download it again  Wink

3Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 22nd January 2014, 10:42 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.nistune.com/support-downloads.php
on this page fella  Wink

4Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 22nd January 2014, 10:46 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ahh sweet, so which parts do I download? lol & is that consult cable ok?

5Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 22nd January 2014, 11:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would think its the 1.1 exe   as the others say obd2 support  ... and yes mate cable looks ok ... you could just buy the cable it will be cheaper  its only the driver for the cable and i would of thought nistune software will have the driver in that .

6Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 22nd January 2014, 11:16 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ok cool thanks, ill put it on my mates laptop... Be abit awkward trying to carry a pc out to the car lol

7Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 22nd January 2014, 11:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Either that or make sure it a fooking long cable  Laughing

8Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 23rd January 2014, 12:41 am

gtirx2

gtirx2

I think you only get 3-4 10min trials before you have to re download it to reset it so don't waste them lol

9Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 23rd January 2014, 12:58 am

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ahh realy? im going to do some reading up on how to use it properly before hand. I don't want to change something by accident & risk blowing it up :/

10Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 23rd January 2014, 12:21 pm

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

In terms of data logging, you just need NIStune and the consult cable. The consult cables I have always used are these:

CONSULT CABLE

The good thing about them is they are directly USB compliant, whereas many other cables use an RS232 link which then needs to be converted to a USB output for easy plugging into a laptop (not too many modern laptops still have RS232 ports!). I've never had one fail and the drivers are easy to install. But feel free to go down any route that offers a cheap solution. I think most modern-day consult cables should be fine, just remember to buy an RS232-USB adapter if you need one.

If you want to physically make changes to the ECU, then you'll need to splash out on a NIStune daughterboard (which needs soldered into the main GTiR ECU) and a NIStune licence. A single-user licence is good for tuning as many GTiRs as you like, but you'll not be able to tune other Nissans should you move on to new pastures. The good thing about the single-user licence is it's a LOT cheaper than the tuner's licence..................... Sometimes you see GTiR ECUs that already have a NIStune board installed come up for sale (either here or on eBay), and these would be your cheapest way of getting a ready-to-map NIStune ECU. Failing that, I get discount on NIStune boards, cables, and licences direct from NIStune so if you decide to go down that route give me a shout first and I'll see how much discount I can get you.

The NIStune forums are a very good way of learning how to tune safely and efficiently.
Let me know if you need any help.
Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

11Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 23rd January 2014, 1:19 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Cheers for the info Dave Smile ive alrady got a nistune daughter bourd in my ecu, mapped by ed at fusion.

Just going to learn abit more about data logging & get myself a consult cable Smile

12Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 24th January 2014, 9:40 am

watoga

watoga
ecu technician
ecu technician

I'm not sure what laptop you're going to use, but it is normally possible to tweak the settings so the laptop doesn't go to sleep when you close the lid. I set mine to stay awake even with the lid closed, which means you can strap the closed laptop into the car somewhere and drive like a maniac, with NIStune all-the-time recording your parameters. This is particularly good for track days.

Good luck and let me know if you need anything.
Cheers,
Dave

http://star.pst.qub.ac.uk/~dbj

13Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 24th January 2014, 1:14 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Cheers for the info Dave Smile it will be in the next few months I get it, as got gearbox to sort yet before its back on the road.
But will let you know if I need help, which I probably will...  Laughing 

14Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 24th January 2014, 2:09 pm

groundscraper

Nothing against nistune, i actually negociating used one right now, it covers my needs... but of you don´t have a nistune yet you might consider Nismotronic, SA, pretty similar, more features, more tuner friendly, MAP sensor possibility, etc...

Just another option to consider...

15Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? Empty Re: Nissan consult & nistune softwhare? 24th January 2014, 3:11 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Ive alredy got nistune matey

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum