Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild

+18
houghy_1
Stu
ROB_IOW
shroom
MartyMG
burrows1980
Mr B
nomad
gtir_pimp
GTIR James
johnny gtir
PartyPete
gtir_woody
Bones
buckym120
Sparkie
GTI-R US
pulsarmoley
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 7]

126And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 11th October 2016, 8:25 am

splmum

splmum

Yay! Another one "on the road" almost hehehe  Very Happy

Been a long time in build mode Rob, well done.

127And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 11th October 2016, 8:14 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

If I'm honest it won't be on the road till the spring .

Not spent all this time getting it clean to ruin it driving on salted roads

128And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 13th October 2016, 9:16 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Ordered a few new bits from nissan
4 x hub to shock bolts + nuts
4 x anti roll bar bolts
6 x upper shock nuts
1 x clutch fork dust cover

Off to get some more stainless bolts and nuts for things like abs wiring into inner arch

129And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 13th October 2016, 10:45 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Bear with me . This is the first time I've used the forum uploader for photos. .
Usually use photo bucket

[url=https://servimg.com/view/17951910/11]And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 20161010[/url

Drivers side suspension looking better .
Waiting for new nuts and bolts from nissan

130And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th November 2016, 8:57 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Well yesterday this happenedAnd it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 20161110

Went for its mot ..
Straight through with no advisories

131And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th November 2016, 10:20 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Ready for summer hope to catch up at a few meets next year mate

132And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th November 2016, 11:04 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

glad it got through with no problems

133And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th November 2016, 4:48 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

The only problem I appear to be having is the front suspension seems to be locked out . Look how high the front is compared to the back .
It has GAB rally shocks that are non adjustable.
The front is absolutely solid I'm not a little bloke and I can bounce on the front and the suspension doesn't move a all .

Going to take it to bits next week and work out why it appears seized

134And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th November 2016, 7:27 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Is it new as in new secondhand or is it yours originally ? Could be the wrong springs on struts ?

135And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th November 2016, 9:23 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Mine originally . Been on it for 4 years ..
With standard springs .
But I think they've seized

136And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th November 2016, 9:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The springs set the ride height the shocks just dampen i dont see how they can be locked out so to speak .... but you should have so movement on standard springs ... i guess all you can do is take the springs off and see what play the shocks have when compressed ...

137And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 12th November 2016, 9:50 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Suspension has had no weight on it for two years

138And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 13th November 2016, 9:26 am

joetheeskimo

joetheeskimo

ROB_IOW wrote:And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 20161110

Front bumper vents look great. Any more exterior pictures.

139And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 13th November 2016, 9:32 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Springs on upside down after painting ?

140And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 13th November 2016, 9:37 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I didn't take the springs off.
Literally took the suspension off the car 2 years ago .
Sanded and painted the shocks and then put it back on.

Not striped any part of the suspension down .
That's what makes me think it's seized . Coz with it not fitted to a motor and no weight onit it's been fully open for 2 years

141And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 13th November 2016, 11:18 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

possibly valve issue in the strut damper and once extended oil restriction stopping compression.
they old so corrosion etc all possible. easy see what wrong once spring and boot off .
even if dead gab bodies worth keeping as 50mm tubes are best for inserts such as bilsteins .

142And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 14th November 2016, 3:35 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Well I striped the front suspension down today .
The struts do move up and down but bloody he'll it takes some effort ..
I think they are just really really solid suspension .
Maybe I've just forgotten how hard it was .
I've ordered some standard shocks to go on the car because I can't drive it with it being this stiff

143And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 15th November 2016, 10:23 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ROB_IOW wrote:I can't drive it with it being this stiff

may i suggest
sheep shag yoursofunny

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

144And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 16th April 2017, 11:31 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Realised I don't have a fished picture of the engine bay ..

So here she is in all her glory ☺ ☺ ☺

And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 20161211

145And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 17th April 2017, 4:24 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Looks well clean mate

146And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 17th April 2017, 6:31 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Nice please straighten radiator cap tho lol

147And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 17th April 2017, 4:27 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Very tidy engine bay Smile

148And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 17th April 2017, 10:05 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Took alot of work to get it looking like that.

Rad cap is now straight

149And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 26th April 2017, 8:05 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Few exterior pics

And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 20170420
And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 20161212

150And it begins.  Robs big pulsar rebuild - Page 6 Empty Re: And it begins. Robs big pulsar rebuild 26th April 2017, 9:13 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I haven't said this for a while but... Rob this thing looks fucking awesome!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 7]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum