Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Removing rear hub

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Removing rear hub Empty Removing rear hub 26th April 2012, 8:51 am

johnboy

johnboy

Spent an hour last night with a very big hammer and still failed to get the long bolt out that holds the rear hub to the swing arms. It's rusted to the steel centres of the bushes. I can rotate it a little, but that is just 'give' in the rubber bushes, so it doesn't help. Sad
Any suggestions??

2Removing rear hub Empty Re: Removing rear hub 26th April 2012, 9:00 am

richpulsar

richpulsar

how about a bigger hammer? thats all i can think of

3Removing rear hub Empty Re: Removing rear hub 26th April 2012, 9:46 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

john some of these will just not shift even with oxysetylene torch on them, ive even swung a sledge hammer at them before and they still dont budge then you just end up boogering the thread up.

remove the complete hub and radius arms together and if you cant get it off then just get another hub assembly from us or whoever, or bolt the whole thing back on with radius arms attached once youve done whatever it is you wanna do

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4Removing rear hub Empty Re: Removing rear hub 26th April 2012, 10:47 am

johnboy

johnboy

Thanks Bob, I thought that might be the case.(It was a 4lb lump hammer I was trying!!)
All I want to do is get the drive shafts out so I can remove the diff.. I can't quite seem to get enough movement while the hub is still attached at the bottom. Crying or Very sad

5Removing rear hub Empty Re: Removing rear hub 26th April 2012, 12:02 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cant you just unbolt the strut so the hub is swinging kind of thing isnt that enough play to pop the driveshaft oit i cant remember lol

6Removing rear hub Empty Re: Removing rear hub 26th April 2012, 12:14 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Yes - that's what I'm doing but not quite enough movement.
I was thinking of completely unbolting the diff and then sliding it sideways to get the shafts out one at a time, but I didn't fancy trying to do that on me own laying on my back.

7Removing rear hub Empty Re: Removing rear hub 26th April 2012, 1:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

You could put a jack under the diff to support it then slide it about one thing i learned was any job that involves any bolts on the pulsar is keep spraying it with rust off/penetration spray days before attempting anything lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum