Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Seemed like a good idea at the time......

+8
Pulsar Paul
Andy Sunny Gti
clarebear
pulsarmoley
nomad
GTI-R US
Gaz GTiR
johnboy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 21st September 2014, 1:49 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's good to hear, be glad to see you whatever you turn up in. I'll bring that speedo converter along as well Wink

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

52Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 17th October 2014, 3:57 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Finally got it on the road.. Smile
Just got to drive it around for a bit to make sure it all works the drop then engine out and put in the turbo one. The auto box works well so not sure if I leave it in and see what happens. Few probs to sort but got the winter to do it.

53Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 17th October 2014, 4:23 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's good to hear you finally got the paperwork sorted, happy motoring Very Happy

54Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 20th October 2014, 8:38 am

johnboy

johnboy

pulsarmoley wrote:That's good to hear, be glad to see you whatever you turn up in. I'll bring that speedo converter along as well Wink

Fitted the speedo converter yesterday. Took a couple of attempts as the wiring is a bit different to the R so had to trial and error.
Works fine now, but I was wondering if the auto box is likely to use these speed pulses in any way??

55Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 20th October 2014, 9:02 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

glad you have it all sorted now john

what actually determines the speed is the actual speed sensor fitted into the transferbox. on the bottom of that there are a helical nylon teeth which will be matched to the gear they run off.
now I am assuming the transferbox is the same as the pulsar even though its bolted to an autobox but the gearing for the drive will have been preset from the factory so its irrelevant which mph convertor you fit as it is all determined by the speed sensor gearing.
im not a 100% on that but almost certain

when the box is out on mine il remove the sensor to count the amount of teeth on it but I bet its exactly the same as pulsar

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

56Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 20th October 2014, 9:13 am

Sparkie

Glad to hear your on the road with it John& sorting out the niggles.

57Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 20th October 2014, 10:48 am

johnboy

johnboy

Yes, goes well. Few suspension tweaks and a turbo engine and it'll be a fun car. Smile

Bob - be interesting to know if there is a difference, but what I was thinking was that the pulses come out of the speedo, after they are converted, and back to the ECU. Wasn't sure if they then get used to control anything. (other than the top speed limiter...)

58Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 20th October 2014, 5:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Technically its not a de-limiter though as its just electrical trickery. So if you have the factory 180km/h limiter then with the convertor you are then limited to 180mph, right?
Imagine a rasheen doing 180+ Shocked

59Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 20th October 2014, 11:10 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pulsarmoley wrote:
Imagine a rasheen doing 180+ Shocked

It's posiible lol il let you know by springtime Laughing it'll probably discintigrate in a cloud of shrapnel

In answer to your question John I truly don't know at the moment but pretty sure it won't affect anything but il do a bit of digging and chat to you Thursday when you pop down think it's gonna be a case of a bit of trial and error

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

60Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 24th October 2014, 6:52 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Thanks for the coffee yesterday and for the ideas to get the Rasheen going a bit faster...
Couldn't believe how many differences there were between the 2 models.
And thank Clare for the steering wheel cover, made all the difference. Laughing
From This:

Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 20141009_163641_zpseafc8a21

To This:-

Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 20141024_153502_zps28fa7bde

61Seemed like a good idea at the time...... - Page 3 Empty Re: Seemed like a good idea at the time...... 24th October 2014, 6:56 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Nice cover John Smile
Shame I missed you as I was down there yesterday early afternoon, hopefully see the rasheen at the next meet.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum