Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to check and adjust TPS?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to check and adjust TPS? Empty How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 9:23 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

How do you check the throttle position sensor? And if it's not within spec how do you adjust it?

I'm wanting to check it to see if it's within spec because its something I haven't checked yet and I'm thinking maybe it could be cause of my little misfire at partial throttle?

2How to check and adjust TPS? Empty Re: How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 9:25 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Time to get your multi meter out again buddy ..

And 2 screws to adjust it

3How to check and adjust TPS? Empty Re: How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 9:25 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

At this rate we'll soon be able to build one of these footers blind folded bill

4How to check and adjust TPS? Empty Re: How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 9:28 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I know I've had to bloody check and chane everything and still no joy with this little misfire, im determined to figure out what it is!

What do I need to connect my multimeter up to mate and what am I checking for?

5How to check and adjust TPS? Empty Re: How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 9:32 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Think you check resistance or summit .. not sure what numbers are etc .. remove the plug and check pins etc .. Someone else will know

You put new plugs in it yet

6How to check and adjust TPS? Empty Re: How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 9:36 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yes mate, running spot on at 0.7mm gap now, other than the misfire at partial throttle which has always been there. It was idling rough with the old plugs at 0.7 but it idles fine with the new ones Smile

7How to check and adjust TPS? Empty Re: How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 10:07 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

He means the plug on the tps bill. Not spark pug, huuuu some mechanic lol

8How to check and adjust TPS? Empty Re: How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 10:08 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Other than that his reply was very informative lol

9How to check and adjust TPS? Empty Re: How to check and adjust TPS? 22nd April 2014, 10:27 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

He said "you put new plugs in it yet" actually Razz so I'm assuming he means spark plugs Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum