Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Electronic boost controller

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Electronic boost controller Empty Electronic boost controller 11th April 2014, 9:09 pm

Turbazz

Anybody use one of these? Guessing they work very similar. So my question is what is the best way of setting it up. Il expand on that I have a gizmo IBC... It has two settings the gain cycle and the boost cycle basically offsets each other for optimum settings.
Now i have been messing around with it driving my car up and down , cant seem to get a good balance.

Any tips or advice on setting this up? Thank you

2Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 11th April 2014, 9:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Just did abit of quick searching .... cycle 12% and 1bar .....
Do you have a uprated fuel pump .... i wouldnt play about with it to much you dont want it to go pop running a bar should be safe but still adviseble to get the fueling checked ...

3Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 11th April 2014, 10:06 pm

Turbazz

Yes I have a fuel pump and uprated clutch..

4Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 11th April 2014, 10:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Its just oe pumps are getting old now so not always deliver the fuel when uping the boost.... like i said dont push it to much if the engine goes pop its going to cost you big .....

5Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 11th April 2014, 11:35 pm

Turbazz

http://autofaction.hubpages.com/hub/boost-contollers-tuning

6Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 11th April 2014, 11:36 pm

Turbazz

Answerd my own question need to try that out tomorrow

7Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 11th April 2014, 11:37 pm

Turbazz

The steps for actually tuning the duty cycle and gain parameters for an electronic boost controller are listed below. Make sure you ALWAYS start with low duty cycle and gain settings.

Drive the car in third or fourth gear and turn up the duty cycle until you reach the desired maximum boost level (as seen on a boost gauge or a friend with a laptop in the passenger seat). If you followed the advice above you have a low gain setting and you won't have any boost spikes (sudden jumps in boost). If you do see spikes, make sure your gain is turned down.
Now drive the car in first or second gear and turn up the gain has high as you can before seeing boost spikes.
Now that you have the ideal duty cycle and gain settings you should be making the most of your electronic boost controller and see considerable gains in performance from your turbocharged engine.

8Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 12th April 2014, 6:18 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What are you planing to run it at ?

9Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 13th April 2014, 1:40 am

Turbazz

1.0bar mate

10Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 2nd June 2014, 1:27 am

fudge

fudge

been wondering about this myself, my new greddy profec has changed my car completely, its better off letting someone who knows mess about with it

11Electronic boost controller Empty Re: Electronic boost controller 2nd June 2014, 12:11 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

Setup my avcr myself and i know f all about cars its not a hard process tbh

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum