Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Pulsar GTIR SR20VET 430hp MAAAAAAAAAD!!!

+3
GTI-R US
Hardy172cup
mikewazowski
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

check this out guys, some of you might seen this already but hey.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=nrAmJg6rk_Y

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I would love a VE head on my R but it sounds like one hell of a lot of work just to be able to rev the tits off it Laughing

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

i think you need to drill the block or something in order to get the oil up to the head ;/

it would be great tho Very Happy this GTI-R has its limiter set at around 8500 and this is still safe, VET does sound sick you must admit Very Happy

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah it would be awesome, I love revvy engines and you would be able to put those Honda vtec boys in their place Laughing

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah its not that difficult to fit but as said you need to drill head for extra oil feed and a few other mods too.
the heads don't come cheap though as theres a fair few after them.

also not sure whether the rods will take the increased rpm too so you may need to fit h beam rods as its rpm that can bend the rods

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Its not that much work, cost/lack of VET heads & decent fabrication of inlet manifold are the main obstacles. I would trust standard rods at 8500rpm if fully inspected & fitted with decent rod bolts. standard rods been used on a VET headed drag GTiR over here & stood up to the abuse fine.
If thinking of doing this setting bearing clearance correctly is a must as is a good oil pump & feed. Keeping piston & pin weights light will reduce stress on rods drastically along with quality machine work & component balancing.
Water pump needs smaller pulley or even external pump fitted as standard pump not best as is. On a average setup most people won't need 8500-9000rpm but having ability to go to 8250-8500 could be useful if still making good power.

Last edited by Mr B on 8th April 2014, 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ah right, I was just airing on the side of caution but if there proven good at 8.5k then that's fine

I in all fairness have never seen a bent gtir rod up to yet in 9 years of doing these so there strong little boogers lol

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

There seems to be quite a few sr20ve engines for sale in the states at reasonable prices butnive only ever seen one for sale here in the uk, I can't remember how much it was but it wasn't cheap lol

jamiegtir

jamiegtir

http://www.sr20forum.com/sr20ve-sr16ve/162336-my-ve-head-swap-how-picture-heavy-roller-rocker-7.html

I've been doing a lil research and found this link doesn't look to hard to do but this is on a sr20de don't know how different they are to the sr20det to be honest but don't think they are that different

Greygtir

Ve heads are massive in the states engines can be bought cheap enough.

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Have a thread in Help & advice on this. It's a nice conversion if doing a rebuild & fancy something bit different or have a cheap or free VE head lying around, in US & Asia Pacific the heads/complete engines can be sourced cheap, not so common in the UK .

mikewazowski

mikewazowski

the pulsar in the video has been set up to around 8300rpm Smile but the bloke said that he used to run almost 9k rev limiter for a short while Very Happy i would love to hear this in person tho Smile

the pulsar in the vid has 880cc injectors, forged pistons and rods, hks 2mm headgasket, bigger turbo and upgraded lines to improve the oil pressure:)

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Lol, I am doing it the other wy, have an sr20ve engine in my Sunny, and doing a turbo conversion..lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum