Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My New Exedy Clutch

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My New Exedy Clutch Empty My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 1:18 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Hello All,

Been out in mine for the first time today since the gearbox re-build and new clutch, my god it seems a bit harsh! Is this what they are like???? It seems to judder if you don't give it some revs, can I have your thoughts please? Its not as if I not used to uprated clutches, but this seems to be either in or out! Also looks as though I will need a clutch master cylinder as pedal is sticking (it did this before the clutch was changed)

It was nice to be back driving it again though  Smile

2My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 3:14 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Remind us which one exactly you got ? what was the flywheel like ? might bed in after a bit of use but it should be ok from the start

3My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 6:20 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

exedy is terrible for the first couple thousand miles and will always be a hard pedal  Shocked mines still harsh after 4 years of fitting

4My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 6:43 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

was it a 3 puk paddle or organic clutch fitted?
the 3 puks are very grabby, also as johnny said was the flywheel ok or was it refaced

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 6:47 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

my organic feels pretty crap aswell, it does feel better when its run it and pedal is very stiff compared to anything else ive driven

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

6My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 7:57 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Its a stage 1 organic racing clutch:
My New Exedy Clutch 005_zps9a361782

The flywheel was good, since I posted this Rich has done an adjustment on the pedal and it seems a bit better, you have to give it some revs to pull away though! Its not a particularly hard pedal, when you lift the clutch its very sharp. There is no in between.......

Next thing is the bloody boost controller is not setting  Rolling Eyes Got instructions but its not working properly, Rich is running out of patients now Evil or Very Mad

7My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 8:20 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

what kind of controller

8My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 8:21 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Its a Greedy Profec A, it wont go to the learning mode, got the handbook, help!!

9My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 8:25 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

don't know how to set them so I am no good. not a factory reset start from fresh ?

10My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 2nd February 2014, 8:53 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Re-set it, then it goes to standard boost. At one point when setting to 1.1 it did show 1.3 bar  affraid then it goes to 1 bar, then 0.7, so god knows! Believe me Rich is no muppet and has read up on the instructions  Smile

11My New Exedy Clutch Empty Re: My New Exedy Clutch 3rd February 2014, 11:36 am

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

if its anything like a avcr then you will need to adjust it for different revs when the boost spikes or dips, i hear learning mode causes this so should be setup manually, thats for an avcr anyway which reports similar symptoms when in learning mode

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum