Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Standard suspension

+7
knights of nee
johnny gtir
Ajay.
GTI-R US
nomad
vmax85
BEBB GTIR
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 1:17 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

knights of nee wrote:
fred05 wrote:I had some K sport coilovers on my previous car and they were too stiff for road use.

i currently have a french made coil over (viarouge amortisseurs) and they are perfect, i don't know the rate and specs as they were fitted on the car when i bought it.
i only made them refurb at front. rear is stiff but they are perfect for race and sporty drives!!!!

shocks and lowered spring will be more comfortable but depends on the drive you want to have.
French made lol Shocked Laughing .

The French have never built anything any good in their entire history lol
Ah Ah!!!! grumpy rob came again!!!!

27Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 1:43 pm

knights of nee

fred05 wrote:
Ah Ah!!!! grumpy rob came again!!!!
Not grumpy Fred just "right" Laughing Laughing Laughing 

Rob

28Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 1:56 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

tbf the french have invented loads of things, and weve either ended up building it or in collaberation i.e: concorde, eurotunnel it was the french who came up with the design for the iconic harrier but they couldn't work out how to make it work and i think im right in saying the french where one of the first to design helicopters???? (i may of made this up haha)

29Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 2:03 pm

knights of nee

BEBB GTIR wrote: i think im right in saying the french where one of the first to design helicopters???? (i may of made this up haha)
I wouldn't say that out loud in Aberdeenshire mate especially if there is any oil workers handy Mad , A lot of oil workers have been killed in French designed and built super puma's over the last few years, So I think I'd leave the helicopter subject for now Sad

30Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 2:07 pm

knights of nee

As for susp I fitted K-sport to my last car but binned them after 4 weeks because they where truly awful. If you hit a bump mid corner you could end up in the on coming lane facing on coming traffic because you'd hit a bump and the shocks bounced you out of your own lane, I also found them appalling in the wet especially on roundabouts where the car would just under steer off the road, Fine on smooth roads or track but a liability I think for a road car, But I've driven a pulsar with Ohline coil overs fitted and that was totally different in all conditions it handled great.

31Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 3:04 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

BC are good for road use, you need order softer springs such as 4kgMM(F) 3kgMM (R) if drive on rough roads, can be improved further with progressive tender & linear main springs but makes for quite a bit of extra expense.
I wasted a few quid on Leda after the JIC which was on my car from import were beyond viable repair & Leda handling was awful even after spring change & revalving, BC for half the cost had far better handling & build quality/finish, add effort on spring rate/setup & you can have a good road coilover or track coilover for sensible money ...
Likes of Ohlins & GAB & Nismo all done some good stuff but as old it not always deliver the performance it was designed to so be careful if going second hand .

32Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 4:00 pm

knights of nee

I was lucky to pick up a very good condition set of gabs that were bought new by the cars owner but hardly used, They still all have the original paint even the springs Shocked , But my car already has Ohline normal style susp so I'll keep the gabs for spare.

33Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 5:12 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Mr B wrote:BC are good for road use, you need order softer springs such as 4kgMM(F) 3kgMM (R) if drive on rough roads, can be improved further with progressive tender & linear main springs but makes for quite a bit of extra expense.
I wasted a few quid on Leda after the JIC which was on my car from import were beyond viable repair & Leda handling was awful even after spring change & revalving, BC for half the cost had far better handling & build quality/finish, add effort on spring rate/setup & you can have a good road coilover or track coilover for sensible money ...
Likes of Ohlins & GAB & Nismo all done some good stuff but as old it not always deliver the performance it was designed to so be careful if going second hand .
yes that's what we recommend for the bc's or if more track than road go 5kg front and 4kg rear then very nice handling when pushing on

funny you say that about ledas though...........ive heard contradicting opinions on them but I just go with what I find and I much prefer them over bc, I even removed a set of brand new bc's from my car and fitted the ledas in their favour, they will now be going on the rasheen thing were doing. my first ever pulsar had them too and I as of yet have not found anything to compete with the way that car was setup other than 'fast guys car' on the oc which I was mightily impressed with after driving it but then it weighed booger all.

knights of nee wrote:I was lucky to pick up a very good condition set of gabs that were bought new by the cars owner but hardly used, They still all have the original paint even the springs Shocked , But my car already has Ohline normal style susp so I'll keep the gabs for spare.

the ohlins are the daddys as far as im concerned for road use and great on track too unless you really really start to push on

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

34Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 6:28 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

knights of nee wrote:
BEBB GTIR wrote: i think im right in saying the french where one of the first to design helicopters???? (i may of made this up haha)
I wouldn't say that out loud in Aberdeenshire mate especially if there is any oil workers handy Mad , A lot of oil workers have been killed in French designed and built super puma's over the last few years, So I think I'd leave the helicopter subject for now Sad
personally on that subject i think its due to the fact of poor maintenance by the companies not the helicopters themselves Crying or Very sad 

nevermind shit happens

I will run the car in the new year on the oem suspension and if im happy with them ill put the ledas to swap/auction on here Smile

35Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 6:31 pm

knights of nee

BEBB GTIR wrote:

personally on that subject i think its due to the fact of poor maintenance by the companies not the helicopters themselves Crying or Very sad 

Funny how it only seems to effect the super puma's though don't you think, All these companies use other helicopters as well with out problem for the most part.

36Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 6:32 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

so are bc not damping adjustable? thats what i like about the gabs you cam soften them up

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

37Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 6:34 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

knights of nee wrote:
BEBB GTIR wrote:

Funny how it only seems to effect the super puma's though don't you think, All these companies use other helicopters as well with out problem for the most part.
well on the news a few weeks ago there were complaints about the eurocopter which the air ambulance use?? and i belive theyre made in germany??, tbf weve never made anything half decent, british is about the worst you can buy which is why we all have pulsars not rovers or mg's LOL

38Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 6:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Digitalfaze wrote:so are bc not damping adjustable? thats what i like about the gabs you cam soften them up

all coilover kits are adjustable damping

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

39Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 6:41 pm

knights of nee

BEBB GTIR wrote:
tbf weve never made anything half decent, british is about the worst you can buy which is why we all have pulsars not rovers or mg's LOL
You can't argue with that logic mate Sad , Just think Allegro Shocked Crying or Very sad

40Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 6:45 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

haha my dad had one for his first car, he went to lincolnshire and back from shropshire and it drank a gallon oil engine oil :/ when it was new Shocked it only lasted 30k before he swapped it in for mk 2 scirocco which did 180k Smile god i miss that car Sad

41Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 8:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

GTI-R US wrote:
Mr B wrote:BC are good for road use, you need order softer springs such as 4kgMM(F) 3kgMM (R) if drive on rough roads, can be improved further with progressive tender & linear main springs but makes for quite a bit of extra expense.
yes that's what we recommend for the bc's or if more track than road go 5kg front and 4kg rear then very nice handling when pushing on

funny you say that about ledas though...........ive heard contradicting opinions on them but I just go with what I find and I much prefer them over bc, I even removed a set of brand new bc's from my car and fitted the ledas in their favour, they will now be going on the rasheen thing were doing. my first ever pulsar had them too and I as of yet have not found anything to compete with the way that car was setup other than 'fast guys car' on the oc which I was mightily impressed with after driving it but then it weighed booger all.

knights of nee wrote:I was lucky to pick up a very good condition set of gabs that were bought new by the cars owner but hardly used, They still all have the original paint even the springs Shocked , But my car already has Ohline normal style susp so I'll keep the gabs for spare.
the ohlins are the daddys as far as im concerned for road use and great on track too unless you really really start to push on
Strange that as I found Ledas absolute crap and spent a fair bit on springs & setup to try & improve things, they revalved them once free of charge but never got handling as good as old JIC's & was dangerous at times . For the money & headache i was not too impressed & they rust nicely due to the piss poor blue paint used on them & needed a donor set for strut brackets to make them up. Bit the bullet & sold on the Ledas & went for BC's after dealing with a set on another car & with sourcing my own dual progressive/linear springs got me far far better handling ...
Big issue on Ledas was no adjustment on lower mount so always a compromise between spring preload, ride height & corner weights. BC with spring adjustment & strut lower mount adjustment made setup far more precise ...

42Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 26th November 2013, 8:50 pm

i found leda crap too not used them on the gtir but had them in a mazda 323 turbo found they needed rebuilding far too often
i drove a gtir with about 2000 miles on and have been driven around in one with about 100 miles on the clock and id still say if the standard shocks are in good condition they are way better than alot of aftermarket shocks may not be that good on track but on the road they are still good
so far kyb special sr are the best ive used on a road going car

43Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 1st December 2014, 6:55 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Can you still buy standard shocks? And are the an inset or do you get the whole suspension leg??

44Standard suspension - Page 2 Empty Re: Standard suspension 1st December 2014, 7:11 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Whole strut body complete, still available from Nissan parts when I last checked. As standard they do not have inserts like a lot of german stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum