Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

once in a lifetime opportunity

+23
mightydquinn
r called jay
Welling_AL
boyciegtir325
johnboy
buckym120
Greygtir
Concrete-GTIR
pesh
not_as_good_as_you
Bones
kenny1pulsar
nomad
pulsarmoley
Pulsar Paul
Gl3nnGTIR
Hardy172cup
GTIR James
scotty6860
ROB_IOW
Gaz GTiR
Digitalfaze
GTI-R US
27 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1once in a lifetime opportunity Empty once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 2:53 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ok guys listen to this

Around a year ago I had a guy come down to my unit in a fiat which had been to many places with a prob that no one had been able to fix with engine hesitation.
anyway in short I fixed the prob in about 20 minutes the guy had not long left us and I phoned him and told him to come collect his pile of shite fiat as was all done.
I only charged him a score where he had spent hundreds at different dealerships so to say he was extremely pleased is an understatement.

After chatting to him for a while he told me he was a race and kart instructor and had a lot of links to motorsport and knew a lot of people in the game including top F1 drivers anyway I thought it was all just idle rabbit tbh.
But
He came back to see me a few weeks ago and asked if me / us as a club would be interested in doing a one off charity event next august at Brands Hatch so I asked him what the plans were and goes something like this:

The event is based on collecting for a charity for underprivileged kids in the uk and all monies other than organisational costs will go to that charity'
The event will be huge with many celebrities in attendance as well as top class drivers, all kinds of shows and stands and all coupled with a huge endure race around the Brands Hatch indy circuit in top power Karts with various hand picked teams

We will hire a prepped race Kart for an endurance race (all arranged by him) the race will be between 2-6 hours on the full brands indy circuit, now that on its own is a fantastic opportunity as these are 125mph pro karts not the silly little things you get on your average kart event, and to whizz around Brands Hatch circuit in one of these im sure you will agree is a dream come true.
on top of that we as a club have been offered a hospitality suite on the main straight with all the gubbings that go with it as well as a club stand and so forth if we want it Cool 

We are very very lucky to be offered this opportunity as it really is a select event with just a handful of teams that have been hand picked to attend.
other teams I know of are a celeb team, Burton power & performance and others I don't yet know so as you can imagine im over the moon to be one of the chosen few, and all for fixing his fiat and taking him on a breathtaking ride in my gtr Very Happy 

So hows your good fortune affect us you may ask!

Simple, depending on the lengh of the endurance race im going to be looking for a team of race drivers which will be picked by us. I want the best drivers as I want us as a club to win the event as im a competitive bastad and don't like losing lol.
Now I know Brands like the back of my hand and although im a big fooker I can put in fast consistant laps so obviously gonna pick myself as a driver, but the other driver places are up for grabs so some of you are going to be very lucky people and be chosen for the gtir motorsport club team Cool 

How do I plan on doing this

Next year sometime im going to organise a karting day at somewhere like Buckmore park in kent where all of you that are interested will have a race Smile 
I amongst others will be watching all your driving, lap times and top 10 positions on the day and from info ive obtained we will pick our chosen team which could be anything from 5-10 drivers dependant upon the lengh of the endurance race.
you do not necessarily need to be the fastest on the day (although that will help no doubt) but il be looking mainly for:
Fast smooth lap times
Consistency
Lack of spins / offs (no good doing a fast lap in a 125mph kart if your driving on edge and stick it into the kittly litter the following lap)
Team player attitude as don't want any arguments and petty squabbles amongst you

Our decision will be final no arguing ''well he cut me up, his kart was faster etc lol, its a fair playing field

cost will be cheap for the main event next August (probably no more than £50-60 a head) for a full days racing and entertainment
gtir-us and gtir motorsport club will subsidise a majority of the costs involved

now I know that virtually everyone on here will want to do this day so unfortunately a lot of you will be disappointed in not being picked for the team but that's life unfortunately.
the decisions made will be totally unbiased (no your place wont be guaranteed dave Laughing ) youll need to prove yourself just as everyone else will have to.

So whos up for this
stick your names down and no wasters please as that costs time in finding replacements although I will pick some reserve drivers too just incase!

1) pulsarboby

Last edited by GTI-R US on 25th October 2013, 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

2once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 3:03 pm

Digitalfaze

Digitalfaze
web admin
web admin

plenty of time and worth the drive payment in advance ok for this? id be up for it

http://www.avaloncreative.co.uk

3once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 3:05 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

2. Gaz GTiR

4once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 3:17 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no payments yet guys
this is not about money and no money will be taken from anyone till im 100% that the days a definite goer and the dates been confirmed by the organiser but hes aiming at a bank holiday weekend next August, were meeting up next week so will discuss the finer points with him then.

I want us to look professional as a club so will expect you all to be kitted out in club t shirts etc not your designer clothes for the day lol

we may need full race suits but il find out more info on this as it progresses, remember these are seriously quick karts on a full race circuit 'not toys' so you have an accident then you could really hurt yourself so safety as much as possible is going to be paramount, that's why im looking for team players not mavericks!.

5once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 3:34 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

What a great day out for the club this could be..
I'm up for this.. Although i won't be the fastest Coz im a fatty
But well up for this either way

So put my name on the list..
GTI_R_IOW BOB

6once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 3:39 pm

scotty6860

scotty6860

He'll yer put my name down for this love a bit off karting

7once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 3:41 pm

GTIR James

blimey.... id defo be intrested in this. driven brands hatch a fair few times & like to think i know it fairly well but i think it may be a different ball game in a race kart. seen them run at brands before & they are lightening fast & you need rather large balls to drive one fast.

8once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 3:50 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I would love to do this but my track driving experience is nil and I've never really drove a go kart but I will be up for the karting day to see whos going to be in the team, you never know I could be next Louis Hamilton (doubt it somehow Laughing )
One thing I will say is I'm likely to be the smallest and lightest here so I will give it a go and if I turn out to be any good I will definitely be up for this.
If I'm not good enough to be one of the drivers I would be more than happy to come along and help out with anything and/or be a substitute driver if I'm needed.

9once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 3:53 pm

Gl3nnGTIR

Gl3nnGTIR

Im up for it bob
Cheers

10once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 4:01 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

the initial assessment/kart day anyone can attend, some of you have never driven a kart or been on track but you may well be natural drivers.......you wont know till you try!

no ones gonna be laughing at anyone if their crap lol its purely just to assess who the top consistant smooth drivers are, so just look at it as a fun day and we will sort out whats what with the final pick

11once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 4:02 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Just read this properly on PC as was on my phone earlier... Cant wait for this sounds awesome Wink

12once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 4:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

so so far we have

1) me
2) digifaze
3) my apprentice George
4) gaz
5) rob iow
6) glenn gtir
8. james
9) bill hardy
10) scotty
11) paul

Last edited by GTI-R US on 25th October 2013, 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

13once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 4:18 pm

Pulsar Paul

Pulsar Paul

me please Smile

same as above il happily help out with things if needed as hopefully work ill calm down a bit next year Smile

14once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 4:26 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep no problem paul

there will be lots for us as a club to sort out and of course whether you end up as a driver or not itll be a great day out for everyone involved with the club and a chance maybe to mix with some celebs too and get a few autographs for those that are int that kind of thing.

im also going to have a chat with tony bardy to see if hes interested in joining the team for this one
if no one has any objections to that

15once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 5:13 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Well I'll come for a trial, love karting even though I'm no light weight. I'll get some pics as well Smile
Oh and what did you fix on the fiat?

Last edited by pulsarmoley on 25th October 2013, 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

16once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 5:25 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

What engines are in the karts? Are they shifter karts with 250cc 2 stroke motocross engines?

17once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 5:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sounds like an amazing opportunity and good advertisment for the club ....i wouldnt be up for the karting for obvious reasons bob but would love to come and watch and cheers us on  plus a chance to meet some of you lot ....

18once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 6:42 pm

kenny1pulsar

Sounds immense, but a 700 mile round trip for a qualifying race is a little bit much for me. I would be at a disadvantage because I would be tired from the journey which would make me a bit slow. It would have nothing to do with my podgey belly. Would be nice if I could make it to brands on the day. So good luck to all you f1 wannabes.

19once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 7:36 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Kent is abit far for me but I'll gladly make a donation through the club.

20once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 7:45 pm

not_as_good_as_you

Bit far potentially, but stick me down for the moment! i shall make a donation and happy to help out on the day of the race!

21once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 8:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

There is a travel lodge 10 minutes from buckmore park ....

22once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 25th October 2013, 10:33 pm

pesh

pesh

Stick my name down please bob
i'm up for this Cool

23once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 26th October 2013, 12:45 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

This sounds awesome I'm no where near a good enough driver to compete but ill be along to watch and support if I'm not working Wink

24once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 26th October 2013, 9:45 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pulsarmoley wrote:Well I'll come for a trial, love karting even though I'm no light weight. I'll get some pics as well Smile
Oh and what did you fix on the fiat?
was a simple case of arcing out on the coilpack to k&n filter base you could hear it tracking across.

gaz...............not sure what the karts are but they are top performance karts, il get more info when I meet the guy later this week.

as Jamie said earlier, please bare in mind this is on a race circuit and your gonna be going extremely quick with your butt an inch off the floor so yes will take some balls to do consistant fast laps, if you have any doubts then don't do it as don't want anyone getting badly hurt so youll need to be very commited to do this if you know what I mean!

no one has to make a donation to anything unless they wish too.
the club and mainly gti-r us are willing to do that for you's by subsidising the price of entry for the race team by around 50% (which then goes to the charity) which makes it then an extremely cheap day for everyone whether its just a good day out you want or to spectate and cheer on the race team.

as said il update as I get more finer details of whats what

1) me
2) digifaze
3) my apprentice George
4) gaz
5) rob iow
6) glenn gtir
8. james
9) bill hardy
10) scotty
11) paul
12) pesh
13) pete
14) tommy greygtir
15) mark bucky
16) paul boycie

Last edited by GTI-R US on 29th October 2013, 2:26 pm; edited 3 times in total

25once in a lifetime opportunity Empty Re: once in a lifetime opportunity 26th October 2013, 10:40 am

Greygtir

Im in. Good job i just serviced the team boardman

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum