Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rear Droplinks

+7
grim_d
Mr B
buckym120
jaypjay
nomad
ROB_IOW
Spark plug spike
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Rear Droplinks Empty Rear Droplinks 2nd October 2013, 8:38 pm

Spark plug spike

Spark plug spike

Rear Droplinks <a href=Rear Droplinks Photo_11" />

Rear Droplinks <a href=Rear Droplinks Photo_12" />

These are the genuine GTiR Nissan droplinks current price is £102 inc VAT for both sides inc nuts, washers and bushes.

I can put up the part numbers if anybody needs them.

I had the Japarts ones and they are about 175mm long i informed them they do not fit the GTiR and they refunded my money.

2Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 2nd October 2013, 8:42 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I got a brand new set from my local motor factors last year ...
Took 3 attempts with various lengths but we got there in the end .

3Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 2nd October 2013, 9:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Any ideas rob what they were from ......fook paying 102 quid plus the vat Shocked

4Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 2nd October 2013, 9:15 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I'll go dig out the reciept .. should be able to give you a part number ..Very Happy 

5Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 2nd October 2013, 9:42 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Can't find it .. Gutted gents .
You can defo get them from motor factors tho

6Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 2nd October 2013, 11:25 pm

jaypjay

jaypjay

Anyone know a aftermarket strait fitment for these ?

7Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 23rd October 2013, 6:51 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I never paid that much from Nissan for mine 2 years ago, wasn't cheap mind you but think they were £30 a side. I'm currently looking into a rose joint setup and is only going to cost around 50 for a set

8Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 23rd October 2013, 6:52 pm

buckym120

buckym120

Sorry didn't read yours was including bushes

9Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 25th October 2013, 4:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Herth+Buss J4961032
length from parts book state 137mm . You can get these from any good motor factors from prices probably between £7 to £14 (pending on your trading status & stock status) per link which includes all nuts washers & bushes.
Problem is many close length links from many manufacturers got matched as suitable substitute as covers wider model fitments for minimal stock range but not always a good fit hence why so many people end up with 170 & 180mm rods & a headache ...

10Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 9th July 2014, 5:57 pm

grim_d

grim_d

Does anyone know a factors that sells herth and buss products then? My local factors have never heard of them.

I'm still keen to find a supplier of correct length links that isn't Nissan.

11Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 9th July 2014, 7:48 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

http://www.123spareparts.co.uk/car-parts/HERTH%2BBUSS-JAKOPARTS/Rod-Strut-Stabilizer/p-10145419
Can understand a factors not stock Herth&Buss-JakoPart but very surprised they never heard of them.
Try call a few various motorfactors - someone going stock it.
problem is most links from likes of ADL or Delfi come out at around 165mm in length rather than around 140mm
I crossed it through several part databases & only the H+B-Jakoparts comes out direct match to Nissan part numbers & fitment for GTiR.
All other ones end up being likes of p10 primera front links but they 165mm to 175mm pending on manufacturer.

12Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 13th September 2014, 5:50 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Has anyone ever had problems with the rear sway bar fouling on the body of the car because of the length of the drop links? I've got that problem at the moment and I'm looking for longer links. Mine fouls on the right side. I'll get a pic when my car comes back from the tuners.

13Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 9th November 2014, 12:03 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Here is a pic of the problem I have, you can see a little bit of rust on the swaybar where its been hitting

Rear Droplinks IMG_1786

14Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 17th November 2014, 8:38 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So I'm going to make some drop links using good quality female rose joints and some high tensile threaded rod. Would there be any issues with doing this at all?

15Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 17th November 2014, 9:06 am

jaypjay

jaypjay

Only issue is id like a set Smile

16Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 17th November 2014, 9:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I was just going to run rose joints off the sway bar, and polyurethane bushes off the coilovers. That way I get adjustment and the length I need.

17Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 17th November 2014, 11:09 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah that's fine
I did this with stock drop links fitted with polybushes but threaded them so adjustable all the way
or just drill another hole to alter the rake of the joint to arb which in turn puts it under more load

you need to remember though what the arb actually does as in being a sway bar which is primarily to hold the car in line and steady under hard breaking and turning in so stiffening it up is a good thing but will be at the expense of lack in handling in other areas if too stiff and pre-loaded especially on the front
that's why whiteline developed a narrower swaybar for the front (being a mod) as the stock one was too stiff and allowed very little lateral movement on the front which in turn creates instability when your on the gas and rear is loaded, that's why some people disconnect the front altogether

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

18Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 17th November 2014, 11:57 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks for that bob. I considered making a bracket for the strut so I could run 2 rose joints but can't really see a benefit for the extra work. I probably wouldn't bother doing this but my current links aren't suitable anyway.

To be honest I hadn't really thought about the front yet. I'll probably try a few options using with/without the front bar first. Which setting have you used on an adjustable rear bar? Btw I'll send a msg about those springs in a few weeks Smile

19Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 1st December 2014, 7:00 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I was thinking about running these off the swaybar but they look abit wide and might put the link on abit more of an angle? Would this be a problem?

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&alt=web&id=181168412915

Rear Droplinks Image

Or should I just go with a normal rose joint?

Rear Droplinks Image

20Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 1st December 2014, 9:11 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I switched to using ADS78503 & a homemade adaptor bracket on the strut as much more durable than standard bushing method, lasts lot longer & the ADS78503 joints are easy source worldwide & cheap.

Rear Droplinks Droplink

Last edited by Mr B on 2nd December 2014, 7:12 am; edited 1 time in total

21Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 1st December 2014, 10:29 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's a pretty simple set up B. What angle should the swaybar be sitting at? Looking at the way yours is, mine is facing upwards because of the short links I have at the moment.

22Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 1st December 2014, 10:36 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That image not mine but mine basically same (same drop link). will add pic of mine when next on ramp.
When done mine & compared position to original I found the bar sits 12mm lower.
I will source slightly shorter drop link when need replacing but could be a while as very robust over the original single BallJoint link.

23Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 1st December 2014, 10:43 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

You could do similar with the booted joints you linked to & threaded bar but more expensive .
I originally done the bracket with intention of using rose joints & stainless threaded link bar but had seen done this way so at about £8 a drop link for decent Jap quality ones seemed good route to try first.

24Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 1st December 2014, 11:12 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah I liked the idea of having something that's adjustable. I was thinking about using the booted joint and the standard rubbers on the strut however I like what you've done aswell

25Rear Droplinks Empty Re: Rear Droplinks 1st December 2014, 4:30 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Adjustable length is kind of useless really as only time you need set the length is during initial development of your rod.
The way I done it can be improvised with shorter drop link & then adaptor bracket length increased to suit the rod you use & position required for stabilizer bar to remain clear of fowling.
Bracket adaptor on strut is easily made from thick angle bracket or thick bit of plate/bar welded to head of high tensile bolt or machining bit of steel/alloy ...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum