Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

re cored top mount intercooler

+12
Mr B
gtir_woody
Chrism
jaypjay
Animaldaz
pulsarmoley
ROB_IOW
GTI-R US
Greygtir
fred05
Stu
knights of nee
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 3:42 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

do you have a picture bob?

27re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 3:44 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no as im running a charge cooler at the mo so don't have that setup any more
but think pulsarmoley on here did this too so he may well have a pic

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

28re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 3:47 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

mmmh moley will come here and see as he was interested in renewing his Arc too!!!

this appart, bob, did you get my pm about parts?? Wink

29re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 4:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep il come back to you as soon as possible but a lot of the parts I will just stick up for sale with prices then it will be who ever wants what gets the items as its much much fairer that way.

just not got the time to strip either of the cars for at least a week or two. only reason I took a deposit on gearbox is the guy has been asking me for one for long time now

30re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 4:10 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

yep no problem, i'll try to make the list bigger about the genuine parts as it's better to group for postage...

i'm not in hurry, so 2 weeks is fine for me....

31re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 5:18 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

i sold an arc top mount about 8 years ago for £50 pale 

32re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 5:56 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI_R_IOW wrote:i sold an arc top mount about 8 years ago for £50 pale 
Whoops Shocked 

33re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 5:57 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

GTI-R US wrote:no as im running a charge cooler at the mo so don't have that setup any more
but think pulsarmoley on here did this too so he may well have a pic
No I still haven't got round to this but mine is hopefully gonna be carbon fibre Cool
I'm contemplating getting a copy of my ARC done at a local place my company uses as its showing its age Crying or Very sad 

34re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 7:55 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Moley, im afraid that carbon fiber will not do the same as an insulated plate...

35re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 8:08 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

fred05 wrote:Moley, im afraid that carbon fiber will not do the same as an insulated plate...
Really?

36re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 8:19 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Yes, carbon fiber is not an insulating material...so if you want to drop the temperature under the tmic, it Would be better to choose another material.

You can use a sandwich of different materials, to make a temperature cut...

37re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 9:24 pm

knights of nee

I don't really see the point of putting anything under the intercooler unless you're planning to go drag racing, On a road car as soon as you start moving properly again it will soon cool down again especially with my new core lol.

Plus we don't really have traffic jams in Aberdeenshire Nah Nah Nah lol.

I'm having the exhaust manifold/heat shield and turbo Ceramic coated so that should help somewhat.

Rob

38re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 9:37 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

it does help with temps rob especially on track or hard road use and costs nothing to do and you wont even see it.
good idea though by ceramic coating the ex bits as that will help no ends

and yes your right fred ideally you need a heat absorbant sheet such as aspestoslux or similar basically the same stuff that roof slates are made out of now, £2 a sheet from your local roofing supplier lol

39re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 10:06 pm

Animaldaz

Thats a very nice intercooler. I much prefer a tmic, its one of those original features that should be kept.
If I didn't already have an arc then this would be ideal.

40re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 16th September 2013, 10:49 pm

knights of nee

Animaldaz wrote:Thats a very nice intercooler. I much prefer a tmic, its one of those original features that should be kept.
If I didn't already have an arc then this would be ideal.
Thanks buddy, I did try for quite a while to get hold of an ARC cooler but the only one I found for sale was in Aus and he wanted nearly £400 plus shipping to me in the UK, So this worked out a lot cheaper and is brand new no bent fins or oil mist choking up the inside for years to worry about, Plus it is the latest available core built to modern standard by someone that knows a thing or two about building them.

Apparently it has "increased surface area by internal de fusers to help dissipate the heat! Also lower fin height which means more cores".

So that's why it's better lol

41re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 17th September 2013, 1:01 am

jaypjay

jaypjay

Good work mate. Id love to get my arc re cored at some stage.

Im thinking of making a a nice fitment heat shield to attached to the bottom of the tmic bracket.

42re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 18th March 2015, 9:29 am

Chrism

I know this is an old post but does anyone know a company that can review my tmic
As don't want to go fmic.!!
Just going to decluter and make good the engine bay by re-routing bits and pieces

43re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 18th March 2015, 6:13 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

When you say review, do you mean re-core?

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

44re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 18th March 2015, 8:44 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Or reviewing the tmic piping etc? scratch

45re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 18th March 2015, 9:01 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

@chism Probably quite a few companies that can recore, pm'd details on who done the ones for members on here .

46re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 18th March 2015, 9:09 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Im looking at getting a company local to do my one, if they can. If they do a good job on my standard top mount then im going to get my arc one done.
Would of liked to have one done for Bob's rr day and see the difference but doubt ill get a chance to get it sorted by then.

47re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 18th March 2015, 9:20 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Not that hard to do but first one will take longer to work out/jig but if any good you could recover some cost by handling a few for members if works out good.
seeing improvement on tmic on a RR is not that easy unless huge difference.
Best way is data logging inlet temps in various usage on road & track .

48re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 18th March 2015, 9:23 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

If I leave the cradle attached that should make things easier for them?

49re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 28th March 2019, 9:26 pm

Return of the Winter R

Return of the Winter R

Can anyone put me on to the company who did the recore pls?

50re cored top mount intercooler - Page 2 Empty Re: re cored top mount intercooler 28th February 2020, 10:20 am

primera gt

Can anyone give me the contact details please.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum