Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My grey gtir

+16
Andy Sunny Gti
johnny gtir
GlenR
fred05
Admin
buckym120
GTIR James
Scoobykilla
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
ROB_IOW
pulsarmoley
Gl3nnGTIR
nomad
Stu
Greygtir
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

26My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 12th September 2013, 6:36 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I could certainly do with them at the moment, would make working on the floor plan so much easier. Looks a decent bit of kit mate

27My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 12th September 2013, 7:09 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

So how do they work then you jack the car up then slide them into the tubes you have welded ? If so what is the benefit over an axle stand ?

28My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 12th September 2013, 8:37 pm

buckym120

buckym120

It was a system designed for rally cars so all components underneath the car were easily accessible incase of failure and required replacing during stages and there was a fixed position to support the car rather than having to lose time checking you was in a well supported area.

29My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 12th September 2013, 9:59 pm

Greygtir

Hope this clears up some questions. Yes they do come as standard on gtirs. (Nme only)

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zps09670e63

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zpsf00d1b6b

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zpsb952c948

30My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 12th September 2013, 10:01 pm

Greygtir

buckym120 wrote:It was a system designed for rally cars so all components underneath the car were easily accessible incase of failure and required replacing during stages and there was a fixed position to support the car rather than having to lose time checking you was in a well supported area.
Not to mention they are safer. The full stand has its own specific place. Designed exactly for the car.
And yes they would be handy if you are willing to fit them.

31My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 12th September 2013, 10:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

But they sit the car way up in the air  so how do you jack it up per axle  or per wheel im just intrested in what stops it from say tipping backwards  with momentum if you jacked the back up then lift the front is there a notch like a woodruff key in the tubing that inserts  into the sill ...... ?

32My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 12th September 2013, 10:19 pm

Greygtir

Because unlike an axel stand which is resting somewhere. The stand is in a tube so it acts like a pivot or hinge. The tube in the car is tight so the car wont rock. Im not a wrc expert so my vague explanation of the system is not as good. Teams have used these for decades and still use them today. On top of this they will have to pass fia. Good enough for wrc good enough for me ill ip load a vid in next week or so

33My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 12th September 2013, 10:57 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im not knocking it at all  was just gathering an understanding of it .... so do you weld the sleeve  inside the seal or can you mount it on the outside  under the seal but beefed up  ..... i guess bmw have the same system but with a winding jack instead of fixed triangle .

34My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 13th September 2013, 5:51 am

Greygtir

My grey gtir - Page 2 A77d25c71cf1dc66cf6bd25edcac1cfe

My grey gtir - Page 2 F6d631c846166e9826aafef4d46bb6ff

The tube is welded in the sill through the sill to the other side. U cant see the front obe in tonys car tho

35My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 14th September 2013, 6:41 pm

Admin

Admin
Admin
Admin

its a very good idea and as you say much safer than using avle stands and you have good clearance and access to everything too

be interesting to keep updates coming on this project

36My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 16th September 2013, 5:04 pm

Greygtir

Nothing much to update bit of bodywork though 

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zpscfaa1560

Got it down to 5.6kg

37My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 16th September 2013, 8:07 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Is it the standard doors cut or some fiberglass ones?

38My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 16th September 2013, 8:18 pm

Greygtir

Fibreglass

39My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 17th September 2013, 6:11 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Twisted Evil 

40My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 17th September 2013, 6:42 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Did you make them yourself ..... looks a good job Wink

41My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 17th September 2013, 8:21 am

Greygtir

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zpsb6fb33f0 

All made by me. I worked for a motorsport company and a construction company making full bathrooms out of coposite materials. What i dnt know or cant do with carbon and genral grp isnt worth knowing or doing 

These moulds are not mine. I belive scooby clinic made them some time ago. I have made 5 sets for the owner of the moulds one for myself and 2 sets are sat in my garage waiting for me to do some work on them.  

I was going to do carbon fibre doors but the way my car is going im loosing the trim on the side of the door so a set of moulds for 1 door is not really feaseable. On the upside im happy with 5kg a door.

42My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 26th September 2013, 3:05 pm

Greygtir

Not done alot this week been really busy woth work n stuff. 

Got my rad 
My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zps6b3d7d63

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zps2c863117

And engine mounts 

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zps83424f23

All powdercoated Smile 

Weekends job is to ginish seam welding the engine bay and all i need is dry sump tank, corsa rack and a few other things and then i will star putting frint end together Smile 

A choice of coilovers has to be made next week too so recomndations welcome

43My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 26th September 2013, 6:47 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

loogs good tom, well done fella

bc coilovers take some beating and you can specify your own spring rates at no extra charge.
if you want a set we are agents for bc and you will not beat our prices anywhere so let me know if you want a set

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

44My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 26th September 2013, 6:58 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Those doors are awesome. How heavy is a standard door?

45My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 26th September 2013, 7:20 pm

Greygtir

Of the top of my head  i think standard doors in full trimg are 36kg. And i have a set of doors tottaly striped that weigh 14 or 15 but it dosent have a bar in it like most i have seen so dunno whats goin on there :/ 

Yes bob there is a company in germany im looking at too with regards coilovers thing is whats swaying me is ALOT  of time attack cars are running them. And cars that are there to win not just be on the grid

46My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 1st October 2013, 8:11 pm

buckym120

buckym120

I was going to mention a set of meiste-r's but seeing as youve mentioned time attack spec I guess they are pretty basic compared to what I see at brands over the weekend, with the seperate reservoir per strut

47My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 18th October 2013, 8:24 pm

Greygtir

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zps6ec73e3a

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zpsd11227fc

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zpsc21139a1

Gonna start engine work over the winter. Judt bought all my jun head parts. Already have hks adjusable cam gears so all i want is rocker stopers amd some head work and thats head done ready to rebuild 

Got the inlet off you a while back bob im sure i hve traced it od a supercharged n turbocharged gtir?

48My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 20th October 2013, 9:42 am

GlenR

Greygtir wrote:Not done alot this week been really busy woth work n stuff. 

Got my rad 
My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zps6b3d7d63

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zps2c863117

And engine mounts 

My grey gtir - Page 2 Null_zps83424f23

All powdercoated Smile 

Weekends job is to ginish seam welding the engine bay and all i need is dry sump tank, corsa rack and a few other things and then i will star putting frint end together Smile 

A choice of coilovers has to be made next week too so recomndations welcome
high sorry to high jak but where did you get the radiator and fittings from?

49My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 20th October 2013, 10:05 am

Greygtir

The rad was buolt for pepper pig thi fitings are an20 altho mazworks does billet fittings at an16 size

50My grey gtir - Page 2 Empty Re: My grey gtir 20th October 2013, 7:39 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

the inlet came from a car in the north east we bought tom

guy was never on the forums but car made almost 570hp was a little bit special, no charger though just a big tubby

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum