Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My new red R

+6
GTI-R US
Girl racer
fred05
nomad
pulsarmoley
Hardy172cup
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 10:22 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think I will have to get some stock rear lights, I've already got the fronts you gave me bob so I may as well get some rears then its no biggy to just swap them over and see what I think stock vs smoked.

I think I'll go with stock though because I would rather be safe than sorry. All it takes is for one coper to be a complete arse about it then it's going to cause me trouble.

Have you got any rear light in stock bob? And how much do you sell them for?

My plan if sticking with the smoked lights was to get the front fogs smoked and get the rear windows tinted but now I'm thinking to just get stock lights, keep the fogs clear and not bother tinting the windows because it's nightmare reversing in the dark with tints.

27My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 11th August 2013, 12:28 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

i think if you start tinting windows etc with the smoke lights it will look to ott and a bit chavvy if im honest go down the stock root mate the eyes are dran to the lights agaisnt the red paint work. Where as if you has stock lights you would look more at the over all car and how well the kit is fitted and the quality of the spray job.

28My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 11th August 2013, 1:43 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah think you are right mate, I don't want it to look too chavy lol I think it woul look abit ott with tints and smoked fog lights aswell and clear fogs with smoked headlights just wouldn't look right.

I will have to get myself some stock rears and swap em over.

29My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 25th October 2013, 5:41 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I thought id share a few new picys of the R I took today because I was bored

My new red R - Page 2 P1030231

My new red R - Page 2 P1030230

My new red R - Page 2 P1030229

My new red R - Page 2 P1030228

My new red R - Page 2 P1030227

Notice the addition of the P badge and the cheep ass wind deflectors :DI still haven't changed those front lights for stock, I quite like the smoked lights and I'm in two minds about stock vs smoked.
I'm thinking if I stick with the smoked look I might get them fly eyed because then I know they will be legal

30My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 25th October 2013, 5:54 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Looking good Bill, very shiny Smile I am glad you are getting time to enjoy it before the winter arrives Smile 

31My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 25th October 2013, 6:03 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks Kerime, I've clocked up a few miles now on this new engine already lol I'm realy loving the car but she's out of service at the moment because I've acquired a small coolant leak Rolling Eyes I saw my mate in his 1.4 civic and started showing off then when I pulled over I had steam coming from the vents Laughing

I will be sorting it soon though, i think its coming from the thermostat housing so I've ordered a new thermostat seeing as I need re seal the housing I though i may as well get a new one.

I've managed to put a few friends in their place by taking them for a spin and showing them what an old Nissan can do Laughing

32My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 25th October 2013, 6:09 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

I am sure you will get it sorted, after all you have done an engine change recently so I don't think a leak will be holding you back!!

Good for you showing what the rice burner can do! Laughing I bet you have surprised lots of people Laughing 

I am looking forward to next year, got to get the gear box re-built so not driven mine much at all since its been back, plus all the horrible weather Rolling Eyes The main thing is I have it back Cool 

33My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 25th October 2013, 7:32 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I didn't do the engine swap Embarassed  my mate did it for me who's a mechanic, he had just been laid off from work and his friend who owns a garage gave him access to his ramps.
He did the swap in one day lol didn't charge me the earth either, I thought better let him do it because he knows what he's doing, he's got the tools and he could do it a lot quicker than I could.

I'll fix the leak anyway, I'm half sure I know were it's coming from I'm just being last I haven't been bothered to go out there and sort it Laughing 

34My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 25th October 2013, 9:28 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

I know, I meant you got it sorted by your friend really quick, that was good going in one day and handy he had access to ramps, must have made the job easier Smile Good luck sorting the leak Smile

35My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 26th October 2013, 10:07 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

that car looks stunning bill, certainly the cleanest straightest car weve ever had in stock and that paint is gorgeous when the cars detailed, not a blemish, mark or ripple anywhere.
cracking looking car

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

36My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 26th October 2013, 10:24 am

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

really does look a good paint job, and the red looks different again in your newest pics enjoy it mate Wink

37My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 26th October 2013, 1:27 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yeah that red is a funny red to photograph, it comes out different every time, you realy have to see the car in person to appreciate its colour.

Cheers bob, the car does look stunning and everytime I look at it I think to myself 'god that car looks well' lol do you know what the paint code is bob?
I'm thinking sometime in the future I might get the front bumper resprayed because it does have a few small stone chips on it and underneath the splitter has been scraped and took the paint away a bit. I'm in no rush to paint it though because it's only noticeable when you get up close and realy look for it, overall the car is stunning and I'm realy happy I bought this one and none of the other crappy cars I saw on eBay

38My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 26th October 2013, 2:07 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I think from memory its a seat colour either flame red or nightfire red, think there was a touch up kit in the bootwell somewhere so have a look in there bill

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

39My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 26th October 2013, 5:11 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Is a lot of crap out there so you done ok.
Still think standard lights would look better & needs spots fitted too, very much a personal thing though & as you got the P5 you get to choose ...
P badge is a nice original touch. Certainly worth keeping & keeping on the road.
Have fun with probably the most red GTiR ever Smile

40My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 6th February 2016, 10:28 am

im putting this here rather than open a new thread

this is the model lights that were designed to fit in the turini would guess theyll fit in yours the same

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Ferrari-412-Cibie-Valeo-Part-No-082378-Front-Headlight-FER-440L-/151346503682?hash=item233cf46002:g:-f0AAOSw-dBTtoQ0

but i suppose any other 146 diameter lights would work

41My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 6th February 2016, 10:45 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks for that Rob.
It's funny because when I bought the car the very first thing I planned to do was get some fog lights fitted but to this day I've never even attempted to find any lol. Atleast now I know what fits so I can get some put in.

I will get some pics of my car with its new wheels uploaded on this post when we have another nice sunny day.

42My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 6th February 2016, 8:23 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Been said already but the colour is really nice. I like how the trim is colour coded aswell. Is the paint still holding up alright after its been sitting?

43My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 6th February 2016, 9:24 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

gtir_woody wrote:Been said already but the colour is really nice. I like how the trim is colour coded aswell. Is the paint still holding up alright after its been sitting?

Thanks mate, the paint still looks good but at the moment he desperately needs a clean and polish lol

I've started to get some small areas of paint bubbling up and rust coming through on the rear arches. Nothing bad but I'm not sure if I should get it sorted before it becomes noticeable

44My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 6th February 2016, 9:34 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Nip it in the bud before it gets to bad suprising how quickly the rust eats it if it isnt treated ...

45My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 6th February 2016, 10:16 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I really need to underseal it too. So much to do, it never ends lol

46My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 6th February 2016, 10:34 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Those rear arches are always a pain.

47My new red R - Page 2 Empty Re: My new red R 6th February 2016, 10:48 pm

Hardy172cup