Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My new red R

+6
GTI-R US
Girl racer
fred05
nomad
pulsarmoley
Hardy172cup
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1My new red R Empty My new red R 6th August 2013, 12:55 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Finally picked up my pulsar on Teusday. I thought I would share a few pictures with everyone on here. Some of you will no doubt recognise this car Wink it's a unique car and perhaps not to everybody's taste but I think she looks lovely Very Happy 
They are not the best pictures, just some pics I took a few after getting her.

My new red R P1030131

My new red R P1030129

My new red R P1030128

My new red R P1030124

My new red R P1030122

My new red R P1030121

My new red R P1030119

My new red R P1030117

Here's the spec, it's not as highly spec'd as some of the cars on here but I think it's a good base to start with.

wideband kit with gauge
kyb uprated dampers with lowering springs
uprated clutch
uprated discs/pads on front
fmic kit
stage 1 hybrid 360 thrust turbo running 1 bar boost
walbro 255 fuel pump
K&N filter/induction kit
forge bov
greddy aftermarket rad fan control kit
evc electronic boost controller (not wired up )
HTC alloys
One off paint job and body kit

Plans for the future are first of all get some spot lights fitted in that front bumper and Im thinking of getting the rear windows tinted to go with the smoked lights etc.  A set of big breaks are on the cards for the future and hopefully one day would like to go down the route of getting a forged engine more for durability and reliability reasons than simply to run massive power but will be making do with the stock lump for some time yet.

2My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 6th August 2013, 5:34 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Remember seeing this at Bobs years ago, I think that's a nice looking car you got there fella. Do like those wheels and getting some spotlights is a must. Not sure where to find them though as I looked for some not that long ago for mine.

3My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 6th August 2013, 6:42 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I love the look of the car it just stands out different Cool 

4My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 6th August 2013, 7:52 am

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

nice car mate....so sorry for you for the gone piston.....

5My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 6th August 2013, 9:25 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks for the comments guys.

Fred I'm really hopeful it's not scored the block and it's just a simple piston swap to get her up and running again.

It's a good job I got the car off bob because he's offered me all the parts to get it done, piston head-gasket etc free of charge wich I thing is really good of him because he dosent offer a warranty with second hand cars.

I think he has been really fair and honest with the whole situation. He even offerd my money back if I don't want to keep the car but I really want to try and get it fixed so I can keep her Smile

6My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 6th August 2013, 9:00 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

Nice one Bill Smile 

7My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 6th August 2013, 9:28 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

the cars one of the best weve ever had in
no rust anywhere and pics don't do this car justice.

really feel bad about the ringland going on her, if I had of had any idea that would have happened then I would have sorted it or fitted another engine but all you can do with these cars is go with the readings you have and at the time and on journey back all was good with her so its just one of those unfortunate things that happens (just like my 10k tvr that lasted 40 miles lol) but it wasn't the guys fault who sold it to me just my bad luck. it aint so funny at the time though when you just wanna get in and drive your new car.
when we purchased it we found out that the original engine was knackered when thought it only needed a head gasket but the bigends and main bearings as well as the clutch were all stuffed which is why we fitted another complete engine and clutch from a good running car to try and make it as reliable as possible but its ended up biting me on the arse lol
but as said il do everything possible to help you get her fixed so you can start to enjoy it.

I may know someone who has some spots for this, that's the one thing that it desperately needs to finish off the front

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 7th August 2013, 11:05 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks for the help Bob, I know it's not your fault that the ringland went on me, there is no way you could of known it was going to go when i got home.

The car drove spot on when I picked her up from you and drove brilliant on the way home, even sat in traffic the water and oil temperatures stayed nice and the oil pressure gauge was reading fine, the air/fuel seemed to be good on the wideband kit all the way back. It's just one of those unfortunate things, to coin a phrase 'shit happens'.

Hopefully it won't cost me a deal and I can just swap the piston over and it will be up and running again.

I'm really happy with the car, It gets loads of attention when your out in it and it drives spot on, just a shame about the ringland but stuff like that's got to be expected when you buy a 22 year old high performance car.

Thanks for all the help Bob, you have offerd to supply me the parts to put it right and your a really decent bloke and I know if I had bought the car from eBay or whatever then I would be on my own with it.

I'm just glad Im on here and I've got help and suppor from everyone here because if I'd of bought the car on eBay and I wasn't a part of this forum I would be in a mess now not knowing what to do lol.

9My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 8th August 2013, 10:17 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no worries bill
Jamie (concrete gtir) on here knows a fair bit about these cars so if your uncle doesn't really know then at least hes on hand to help you.
anything you get stuck with then don't hesitate to call me as il always be there to guide you through it.
hopefully youll have it done for the rr day but if not then il refund your £30 back that you've paid as not your fault if you cant make it.
but realistically one weekend working on the car should see her all up and running again.

10My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 8th August 2013, 10:32 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Cheers bob, if it's not ready in time for the RR day then I'm gonna see if one of my mates wants to come with me and stick their car on the rollers instead. I'm sure someone I know will be up for a free RR session and that way I'll still get to meet a few people and see their cars.

11My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 9th August 2013, 4:43 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Decided i would stick some badges on today

The rear badges as straight as i could get them and hopefully in the right places Laughing 

My new red R P1030132

and the P badge in the front grill, its kind of on the piss but it was either like that or tilting the other way and it looked better as it is so that's how I've stuck it Smile 

My new red R P1030134

what do you guys think? i personally prefer how it looks with the badges on Very Happy

12My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 9th August 2013, 4:45 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

I think it looks much better with Badges on Bill Smile Smile  Good job!

13My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 9th August 2013, 4:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Looks nice and shiney Cool

14My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 9th August 2013, 5:01 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks Kerime, I think it looks tons better with badges and the best thing is when people see it now they can clearly see from the badges it's not a Toyota starlet Laughing  The amount of people that think it's a starlet astounds my lol

Yep nomad she's nice and shiny Very Happy seing as she's been off the road for a little while I've took the opportunity to get my cleaning mits on Laughing I've gone over all the trim with black shine and it's come out really well, I used the liquid polish type stuff instead of the aerosol and it realy does the job

15My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 9th August 2013, 5:04 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

I think I might have to remove that "Living The Dream" sticker though Laughing  not my cup of tea at all Razz 

16My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 9th August 2013, 5:47 pm

Girl racer

Girl racer

It looks so nice and shiny, very impressed with your polishing skills! I would personally remove the sticker Smile

17My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 9th August 2013, 8:40 pm

fred05

fred05
french connection
french connection

Living the dream out, i agree!
Really Nice and far better than Nothing mate.
Good job!

18My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 11:54 am

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Yep I will no longer be living the dream Laughing  just want something to clean the glass with when I remove it because I don't want sticky residue were the sticker was then it will be history.

19My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 2:44 pm

Concrete-GTIR

Concrete-GTIR

i remember bob saying it was very shiny when he got the car in and the paint job was one of the best he had seen. I reckon standard lights would look a hell of a lot better aswell Wink

20My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 3:40 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

+1 on standard lights.
bodykit looks good without being too over the top. Would look even better with bobs GtiR track car rims & some spot lights fitted.
Very very rare to find a body kit & respray that stays fresh as long as this one has & when you do you know it was done right
Certainly worth making an effort to sort engine properly so get some help if needed. Good luck with it ...

21My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 4:00 pm

Looks very nice
I think I may have a pair of spotlight from an old car with turini bumper would need to look in the garage to see if I can find them
I know I do have a set of unused spotlights in box with unused harnesses for them but I'm keeping them

22My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 5:25 pm

Ajay.

Saw this at bobs place a little while ago,must say body work on the car was really clean probaly one of the best straight looking cars iv seen,standard headlights would defo look alot better on this.

23My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 7:40 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

Thanks for the comments everyone.

I've been thinking about getting some stock lights fitted. I don't normally like smoked lights but I think they do look well on this car.
My main concern is how I stand with the law with the light tinted like that?
I don't want to be getting pulled and fined or even get points on my licence just for some smoked lights, I think I might just fit stock lights to be on the safe side.

24My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 7:43 pm

Hardy172cup

Hardy172cup
the one star club
the one star club

robd wrote:Looks very nice
I think I may have a pair of spotlight from an old car with turini bumper would need to look in the garage to see if I can find them
I know I do have a set of unused spotlights in box with unused harnesses for them but I'm keeping them
Cheers mate that would be brilliant If you found the other pair.
I'm after some front fogs so you will have to let me know if they turn up.

25My new red R Empty Re: My new red R 10th August 2013, 8:21 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

I put two stock lights in the boot bill incase you wanted to change them.
even the mot guy wasn't sure if they were legal or not so its kind of a grey area with headlights
but kind of agree with the others with regard to fitting stock lights back, it really doesn't need them as the bodykit shows the car off in a good way seeing as its been extremely well fitted so you could say the lights were a little ott but at end of the day its down to what you like as it would be a boring world if we all liked the same stuff lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum