Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

street racers

+22
not_as_good_as_you
lenzo
clarebear
Girl racer
richpulsar
Scrim_R
gtir.rich
davegtirbeast
JIMMYBACK
Wocka
Stu
nomad
hreggtir
johnny gtir
Concrete-GTIR
pulsarmoley
Digitalfaze
Hardy172cup
11Paul11
fwdben
Gaz GTiR
GTI-R US
26 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Go down  Message [Page 10 of 10]

226street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 4th September 2013, 7:21 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Your very much welcome clare Wink  .....will add some links to our website to it also ....

227street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 7th September 2013, 9:02 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Here's 2 vids
street racers - Page 10 Th_VIDEO0039_zpsdc490673
street racers - Page 10 Th_VIDEO0044_zps3e169d17

228street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 10th September 2013, 10:36 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

will have results on my car this Thursday people
so then we can work out the % loss on your cars

that's assuming mine does make more power of course, could be less What a Face 

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

229street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 10th September 2013, 10:52 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

GTI-R US wrote:will have results on my car this Thursday people
so then we can work out the % loss on your cars

that's assuming mine does make more power of course, could be less What a Face 
Fingers crossed Smile

230street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 11th September 2013, 6:29 am

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Hopefully the transmission loss will be a better result as well, even though mine made 10hp more, it apparently had less at the wheels than previously Suspect 

231street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 11th September 2013, 10:16 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

will find out tomorrow im booked in at 12o/c at charlies
I had 158bhp drag losses on the last run lol

232street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 11th September 2013, 10:22 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

That's more than a family wagon Very Happy 

233street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 2:40 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

well im back from surrey rolling road guys so guess your all waiting to see what extra power your cars are making lol

well heres a shock for you which you may not like
cars are actually up on power at street racers not down like we all thought, the ambient temps were also cooler today which if anything should have seen an increase in power.

heres the graphs for my car from srr
street racers - Page 10 Osfh
street racers - Page 10 Mff6
street racers - Page 10 F4w1

the bhp/drag loss was far less as whp has risen to 482bhp from 454 at streetracers so that's a good thing
fuelling is spot on with my car but theres a big dip in the torque curve so il need to contact ben linney to get him to email me a revised map as Charlie said the car should be making 630-640bhp with a far stronger torque curve, so il get on to him today

its all a very crude calculation with the rest of your cars but mine is 11bhp down on the reading at streetracers which equates to roughly a 2% loss if my calculations are correct so if you was running say 300bhp that would actually read 294bhp on surreys rollers

234street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 2:51 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Hmm that's strange, Your power curve dousnt look as good as it did at streetracers?

235street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 3:06 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

the power curve looks very similar but the torque curve is not the same yet the cars exactly the same, drives the same and feels as its not lost any power or torque.

Charlie did say that I would notice a huge difference with the revised svm map by ben lilley.

anyway the point is that streetracers rollers are actually not far out at all (if anything there figures are overly optimistic) where as we all thought they were bigtime out

236street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 4:34 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

I take rollers with a pinch of salt. I determine power based on 1/4mile terminal speeds.

I did say Srr are heart breaker rollers, but quite accurate when you suggested using for the North v South shoot out.
I would really like to see what your car gets a Perfect Touch.
A lot of the German cars run there and a few Skylines.
Check them out Bob.

http://www.perfect-touch.co.uk/

R. Jamieson – Nissan R35 GTR Owner

first heard about Perfect Touch at a GTROC meet, I chose to bring my car to Perfect Touch because I liked the people and they had the skills and ability to back it up.

I have now been using Perfect Touch for over 4 years for all my servicing, repairs and most importantly, tuning.

What I really like about Claudio & Gabs is that they listen, offer great advice and what I think is really important, is that I trust them, you need that trust when you have a R35 GTR, because you really need to know what you are doing with this model.

I am happy to recommend them to anyone looking to get some work done on their car, especially if you want something a bit different form the NORM.

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:Yes, in..p.s Srr is another heart break rollers thought quite accurate. I did go there with the Nissan Primera Owners club last year. Perfect Touch in Hoddeson are the guys I use, but their rollers are dastex dynamics.
Evil or Very Mad 

237street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 5:02 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep maybe so but the fact remains that mines down on power compared to other stage 4 cars so theres obviously a prob somewhere.
charlies ran over 150gtrs on those rollers so has a good idea of what the cars should be making

ive just emailed the dyno map to ben linney who writes the maps and hes looking into it for me.
il probably need to send him the datalog too

238street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 8:04 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

i'm going to run mine on my local one, just to compare figures

239street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 8:34 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah let us know how your one fairs danny

thing is it doesn't really matter anyway as long as its running alright.
I just wanted to know with mine as I had a feeling it wasn't putting out 650hp so needs to be looked at as it should be there a bouts

240street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 8:40 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

will do Bob, will try and get it in next saturday

241street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 10:25 pm

fwdben

fwdben

I can't seem to get those videos to work? Anyone else having this problem?

I did think the dynamics rollers was going to provide a Lower figure if I'm honest, the higher wheel figure is usually due to the load on the rollers being a lot lower than the MAHA dyno!

But as I say when your talking 400+ bhp cars 10-20 hp out really isn't a deal at all.

242street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 10:33 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

no quite true ben

the only thing that concerns me with mine is the torque dip, not really bothered about bhp but the torque to me is more important.

could possibly be a vacuum leak or something so il have to look into it.
vids work on my work pc but not on my laptop

243street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 12th September 2013, 10:43 pm

fwdben

fwdben

Yeah I've tried on my phone they don't work on that!

I've not looked at the graphs properly so never seen the dip will take a look now!

What I noticed with my car, is when I had it on the MAHA dyno where it was mapped, it runs 1.5 bar, but on the dyno dynamics it actually only made between 1.3 and 1.4 bar boost so in actual fact my car produced lower power and torque all round. This was due to the lower load settings on the dyno!

Only a thought on what could be making your torque dip.

244street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 13th September 2013, 6:36 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Can't understand how a different dyno would affect boost though? I'm more bothered on mine that I made 10hp more but had a higher loss at the wheels Crying or Very sad 

245street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 13th September 2013, 7:13 pm

fwdben

fwdben

The MAHA dyno have a very high load setting as they can be used to hold the car at any set RPM no matter what power the car is, where as a dyno dynamics has a lot lower load that why Gordon's dyno takes about 45 seconds per power run and a dyno dynamics around 20 seconds!

The MAHA dyno creats a load very similar to that of on the road there for certain cars boost control works as it would on the road and with mine it helps that little but on te boost making its peak as when it was over very fast the dynamics dyno didn't great enough load for my car to make full boost

246street racers - Page 10 Empty Re: street racers 13th September 2013, 7:28 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Ok cheers for explaining that

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 10 of 10]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum