Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

240v power in a van

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1240v power in a van Empty 240v power in a van 11th February 2013, 10:19 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim

Bit of a odd question but there is a few people who might know!

I need to get 240v into my van as I'm working on more building sites now .

Need to run a air compressor and cordless battery chargers.
Anyone use a big inverter or recommend one that has enough beef , also do I need additional battery's ?

2240v power in a van Empty Re: 240v power in a van 11th February 2013, 10:24 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Yeah my company transit is fitted with 3 batteries; 2 for the van itself under the drivers seat and one in the back in its own box. The third runs the extra interior lights, water heater in my sink and feeds the inverter in the back. My inverter is rated at 2100watt which runs my 2hp compressor. Also has a some electrical relay which prioritises the charging of them; making sure the starter batteries are kept topped up first.

I know a couple of our other vans are fitted with a kit which bolts in the engine bay and runs a welder and feeds a fair amount of power out of a 115v/240v junction box in the back.

3240v power in a van Empty Re: 240v power in a van 11th February 2013, 10:30 pm

Kate&tim

Kate&tim

Thanks for that , kind of thing I'm looking at .
Your compressor 2hp what do you run with it ?

4240v power in a van Empty Re: 240v power in a van 11th February 2013, 10:33 pm

They do kits on eBay for split charging systems, you need a deep cycle leisure battery and an inverter of 2000w and up wards.....an average kettle is 3000w , keep meaning to fit one in my van.

5240v power in a van Empty Re: 240v power in a van 11th February 2013, 10:36 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I run most things, 1/2" air gun, 3/8" air ratchet, tyre inflater etc Only downside is i have a 25Ltr tank but it doesnt do too bad a job at keeping up. Been waiting for the compressor to blow up so i can go for a 50Ltr tank but after 3 years its still going Shocked Blew up my inverter instead but it does get a lot of use.
As Dan has said you need a specific battery to cope with the draw of the inverter, think our one are about £150 each.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum