Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Upgraded or standard fuel pump

+3
Gaz GTiR
nomad
Scooby_killer
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22nd January 2013, 9:27 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

hello there lads when i bought my R a year ago i was told it had an upgraded fuel pump, today i was doing fitting a relay to my fuel pump for better power supply and thought why not have a look and see what upgraded fuel pump i have when i took it out am confused it dosent look like and upgraded fuel pump but like a standard one,
but after looking at some pictures of standard fuel pumps it dosent look the same what do you guys think standard or upgraded

part number: jecs a42-621 b70 12v 1806

Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22012013468_zps697a38fe

Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22012013467_zpsaa8aabcc

Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22012013466_zps43e9dbc0

Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22012013465_zps62124f80

Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22012013464_zps6f0e9a8b

Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22012013463_zps72080b45

Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22012013462_zps63aa73ea

thankyou for your help

2Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22nd January 2013, 10:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

My standard one doesnt look like that when i took it out. ...it kind of looks like it other than the diaphram bit at the top never seen that before scratch

3Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 22nd January 2013, 11:44 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Id say its a nissan pump coz you can see the nissan badge stamped into it in the 4th pic on the left side of the pump! Not sure what a standard pump looks like tho as mine came with a walbro 225 fitted! Maybe of a skyline if its not an oe pulsar 1?

4Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 1:35 am

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Ok after doing some research on the fuel pump it seems to me it's from a nissan skyline r32/r33 GTR oe fuel pump dose any body no if they are any good or should I buy a walbro, i am wanting to run about 330bhp by some time this year will GTR fuel pump be up to the job or should I upgrade while I have it out

Thanks

5Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 8:41 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Id say you need to find out what the pumps lph is obviously its some kind of upgrade otherwise why would it be put in. ..

6Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 10:05 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I did abit research the r33 gtr pump is 252 lph.

7Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 10:16 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

was that from the car i sold you last year (think it was you lol)

its a skyline pump iirc and it should be plenty good enough for 330bhp
the only way you will know for sure is by upping the boost and looking at the afr's on the dyno whilst its being mapped.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

8Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 1:39 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Yes bob it's the car you sold me last year, I am going to get it remapped this year at the racing line in Halifax so just checking every thing over and getting it ready for a remap, I've done abit more research on the pump and its 195 lph i think, should I upgrade or put it back in and do the relay power supply mod and see how that goes just dont want to take it for a remap to be told could do with an upgraded fuel pump

Thanks

9Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 1:53 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ah thought it was you.

i thought the skyline pumps were larger than that unless it came from agts model which would have obviously been lower powered car so would not need such a large pump.
it was fitted in car when we bought it so your doing the right thing in checking it out.

tbh if i were you i would replace it with a 255lph walbro pump whilst its out then that way you know youll have plenty of fuel.

ive got some good s/h ones down here which il do for £45 delivered incl of paypal fees (thats giving you more than your 10% forum discount) if you want one
or have a bosch 044 pump but thats overkill for the power your looking for

btw welcome to the forum Very Happy
get some pics up of her in the new members section

10Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 2:42 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

I think your right bob might aswel upgrade it while its out I'll have the walbro off you bob if you can pm me your PayPal details I will make the payment ASAP,
Once I've got the car fuel pump back in will take some photos and put them up

11Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 2:54 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

pm sent

12Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 3:12 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

Payment made bob plus pm'ed you

13Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 3:22 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

thanks
thatll go out today for you with dhl

14Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 4:15 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Scooby_killer wrote:I am going to get it remapped this year at the racing line in Halifax

After what i have read lately about a customers car i would never take anything there

This was talked about on the oc...

http://www.lancerregister.com/showthread.php?t=436437

15Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 4:19 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yes thats a good point pete

stu if you get a chance can you remove there ad/link from my mainpage on site as i dont wish to be associated with that kind of feedback

16Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 5:17 pm

Scooby_killer

Scooby_killer

I spoke to the guys at the racing line and they seemed to no what they are on about but after reading the above link might take it some where else any body no any good mappers up north

17Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 5:58 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

north of them mate there is none i know of for pulsars hence why i travel to fusion edd. I was goin to try racing line this time as there alot closer to me only reason i did not was i thought they were expensive for what i wanted a map but it was already a good map just wanted it checked and minor tweeks if needed. i was quoted around 450-480 as far as i can remember.Not been funny but your not going for massive power so not pushing things to there limits so they should be able to do it with there eyes shut.

My two pence worth go off your own findings.Look at how many good high powered cars they have done with no issues what so ever for all the years they have done it. Near me there is motorscope northallerton now they are shit hot with rally cars carbs etc alot of people say there still way behind on jap cars yet i found out a lad (BOB LAD WHO HAD MY CAR BEFORE ME)and he was running big power in his pulsar and he swore by them said he would never travel again there really good and on his doorstep. Bringing up old names dd autosport alot of bad stuff about them more so at the end but fair enough there was room for improvement on there finishing off (i should know) but i still say they built f++king good strong engines

18Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 9:33 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Im sure they have done some good work at some point but taking a customers car out to the shops or showing another potential customer without permission is bad. Even worse doing 3 times the limit past a school is the nail in the coffin for me.

19Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 10:17 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

pulsarmoley wrote:Even worse doing 3 times the limit past a school is the nail in the coffin for me.

Shocked

Should have his nuts chopped off and his licence thrown in the bin Evil or Very Mad

20Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 23rd January 2013, 10:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Like i said before thats the joy of the internet its a small world and bad news travels fast. .

21Upgraded or standard fuel pump Empty Re: Upgraded or standard fuel pump 24th January 2013, 12:31 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah im not knocking matts mapping skills and price wise hes not cheap but not a lot in it when compared to other tuners i guess.
ive been to himon occasions and hes mapping has been spot on every time with great results and a very drivable car.
however what happened with the lads evo is unforgivable really theres just no excuse for it

as said leighton....the internet and modified car world is a small place and word gets around very quickly if you tuck someone up

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum