Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alloys

+4
TurboTom
Concrete-GTIR
nomad
k9pulsar
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 1st February 2013, 1:53 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

whats your budget as ive some very nice rims in?

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

27Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 1st February 2013, 4:21 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

nomad29 wrote:Il keep my eyes peeled usy if something pops up for sale il let you know Very Happy

Thanks Leighton Wink
Its just that the front tyres are bold so thought to myself no point changing the tyres

28Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 1st February 2013, 4:23 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

gtirus wrote:whats your budget as ive some very nice rims in?

you got any pics of the wheels Cool

29Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 1st February 2013, 4:50 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yep 2 sets of team dynamics and a set of what look like rotas just come in on car which the guys just had all referbed
il sort pics out on monday

30Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 1st February 2013, 7:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

stick the pics up so i can be second in line. I must admit i am fussy as f++k with wheels but i bought a set of a member on the other forum i knew were rough looking but there only for winter and to run car in thought they would do as a spare set for track tyres and i have had nothing but bother big flat spot and it keeps leaking round the rim on one. i paid good money for them poor condition i knew about but tyres were good tread but i was told they were not buckled etc.Think the tyres are coming off and scrap man will be getting them to try and get abit money back dont trust them not to throw tyre off. wont at the min as car is only getting ran in.He has offered part refund but when i asked he said jan is a bad month fair enough but nov dec and jan sick of waiting even if he said here is £20 i would just take it end of the matter least he offered something but i hate been ripped off more so if its over a pulsar forum.But its a small world and i never forget

31Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 1st February 2013, 10:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Some people are just outright dishonest johnny i can never understand it i guess you hope that others are as honest as yourself but its just not always the case .

32Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 1st February 2013, 11:11 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

For some its just all about making money!

33Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 1st February 2013, 11:28 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

Not sure what to do with mine once i get mine new rims?
Not sure what i'll get for them?

34Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 11:11 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

yeah il put some pics up next week johnny

can you pm me the name of the guy you bought them off

35Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 6:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Sell them on usy once you get a new set or keep them as spares incase you twat one of the new ones on a kerb least you wont get stuck lol.

36Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 8:09 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

He said last time his funds were tied up thanks for my patience if only he knew me i would do anything for anyone free or at my cost if i thought they would do it for me but cross me dont mind who you are i am not the same person. Takes a bigger man to walk away i am not that man.

37Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 8:22 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What size was he running leighton ? He dose know not to run one wheel odd size it causes damage am i right ?

38Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 8:43 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Im the same mate do anything to help people out not so many are as keen to do the same though ... hes got 15s at the moment wanting 17s ... in some respects i would say yes your right but if it was just a get you home scenario i cant see it being that harmful especially as most cars have a space saver as a spare. .... obviously you can have differnt size wheels aslong as its the same per axle .... thats what the law is anyway not sure on 4wd cars and the effect im sure someone will be able to answer that one .

39Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 9:08 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I short term and distance will be fine but sure it dose the diffs no good say one smaller wheel on one side or two smaller front or rear hence alot of people dont run wider tyres on the rear as compaired to the front on the pulsar like some do on other cars. I could be miles off the truth mind

40Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 10:58 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if you fit odd size wheels you will wind the diff up even 2 odd size on same axle will have the same affect

even different profile tyres can do this as the front/rear wheels will be turning at different speeds

41Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 11:04 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Thought i was told this when i looked into years ago thanks bob.i was just putting it out there incase he keeps the other wheels as spares and did not know.

42Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 11:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I guess this is why it doesnt matter as much on a 2wd car wether it fwd or rwd as its only propelling 2 wheels not 4 ...

43Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 11:27 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

exactly

44Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 11:43 pm

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

has someone deleted my reply.... Suspect

45Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 2nd February 2013, 11:51 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

From when? Saying what ?

46Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 3rd February 2013, 12:05 am

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

about 30 mins ago?
Yeh Leighton its probably a good idea to keep my old wheels cuz they might come in use plus I wont get much selling them. Johnny you correct in saying if you run a odd size wheel it will cause damage but saying that my current wheel looks like its of a moped lol
Reason to change my wheels is they look way to small like 14"s and cuz of the whiteline suspension cant go over any bumps Sad

47Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 3rd February 2013, 9:27 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It wasnt me i fell asleep not unless i was night post deleting lol .

48Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 3rd February 2013, 11:25 am

k9pulsar

k9pulsar

nomad29 wrote:It wasnt me i fell asleep not unless i was night post deleting lol .

hmmm.... Laughing

49Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 3rd February 2013, 1:06 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

On tractors the front wheels generally turn 3-5% more than the rears to allow for slip in the field so that the fronts pull the tractor and the rears dont push the front; for efficiency etc On the road you can knock out a set of front tyres in very little time if 4wd is locked in Shocked Not sure if cars are the same; less percentage difference maybe?
Not sure if anyone else does but i run my front wheels about 2psi higher than the rears.

50Alloys - Page 2 Empty Re: Alloys 4th February 2013, 5:00 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

heres pics of some of the wheels we have
first ones look like rotas to me 17'' referbed in black and new toyo proxies fitted
Alloys - Page 2 008aos

this set i am told are team dynamics but not sure what type
Alloys - Page 2 009jnz

these are td 1.2 16'' fitted with toyo r888 track tyres but may keep these myself not decided yet
Alloys - Page 2 010fyz

bsa 17'' split rims
Alloys - Page 2 001rcl

none have been cleaned there as they are when taken off cars
loads of other wheels in stock also (about 16 sets i think)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum