Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Travels

+7
Stu
Welling_AL
BEBB GTIR
Andy Sunny Gti
johnny gtir
mike74
gtir_woody
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Travels Empty Travels 15th May 2019, 7:11 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Currently on my wedding/ honeymoon. Stayed in Munich and Switzerland so far. Driving on the left is so strange. Seen some cool cars but a lot of Mercs / bmw etc. Also saw one of those butt ugly Nismo jukes I think they are called?

Also went in a Tesla for the first time today, not sure which model it was but it went pretty hard, it’s so weird and quiet though.

Also saw snow for the first time Laughing

Travels 70423835-BF64-44-EC-AB5-D-606657-EDD79-C

2Travels Empty Re: Travels 15th May 2019, 7:55 am

mike74

mike74

Congrats on the wedding woody!
Looks very nice there, if not a bit on the chilly side.
I though you guys drove on the 'proper' side of the road like us brits?

Where you off to next, Nurembergring by any chance? The wife would love it there i'm sure! Very Happy

3Travels Empty Re: Travels 15th May 2019, 8:20 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks buddy! The days have pretty nice but had abit of rain. Mornings/ nights have been cold, not used to it lol.

My bad, we do, I was thinking steering wheel side.

I would have loved to but just didn’t get the chance. I’m currently on the way to Venice. Also going Rome, nice, la spezia, Florence, Paris then London on the way home.

4Travels Empty Re: Travels 15th May 2019, 8:10 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Enjoy mate I currently in oz picking up parts from a abandoned R it’s the double of yours lol. Enjoy some nice places on that list

5Travels Empty Re: Travels 15th May 2019, 9:15 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Congrats on the wedding.
Looks like you are enjoying your travels.
Are you staying in London or just flight drop off for a few hours?

6Travels Empty Re: Travels 16th May 2019, 6:07 am

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

They'll be plenty of weird and wonderful cars in Italy to see from super cars to 2 wheeled pickup trucks lol

7Travels Empty Re: Travels 16th May 2019, 8:55 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

johnny gtir wrote:Enjoy mate I currently in oz picking up parts from a abandoned R it’s the double of yours lol. Enjoy some nice places on that list  

Thanks buddy, please leave some parts Laughing

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:Congrats on the wedding.
Looks like you are enjoying your travels.
Are you staying in London or just flight drop off for a few hours?

Thanks mate, We are staying in London for 4 nights apart from a few tours I’m hoping to see abit of it.

BEBB GTIR wrote:They'll be plenty of weird and wonderful cars in Italy to see from super cars to 2 wheeled pickup trucks lol

Looking forward to it, I’ll try snap some pics of some weird ones

8Travels Empty Re: Travels 16th May 2019, 2:43 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Congrats Dude - enjoy the honeymoon.
If you want any tips for London let me know as I've spent the past 15+ years working up town.

9Travels Empty Re: Travels 16th May 2019, 2:44 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Where in London? I’m guessing central- Zone 1.
The Gtir is banned from zone 1 unless you pay a £24.50 charge a day to enter.

10Travels Empty Re: Travels 16th May 2019, 3:33 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welling_AL wrote:Congrats Dude - enjoy the honeymoon.
If you want any tips for London let me know as I've spent the past 15+ years working up town.

Thanks mate, I’ll take you up on that offer, I’m sure I’ll have a few Laughing

Andy Sunny Gti wrote:Where in London? I’m guessing central- Zone 1.

I’m staying at The Grosvenor Hotel on Buckingham Palace Road, I’m guessing that’s central? What’s the reasoning for charging? That seems a lot just to drive a car in a certain area!

11Travels Empty Re: Travels 16th May 2019, 4:20 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Londons a big place, went the onpther month everything's miles away from each other, get a red tour bus pass, hop on hop off easiest way round and sightseeing!

Maybe for 30th anniversary meet we could all head to London? Have a blast down the mall, keep the Royals awake in the evening (lazy fuckers), park up in st James park or something lol Shocked

12Travels Empty Re: Travels 16th May 2019, 6:31 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Congratulations on the wedding Chris.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

13Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 7:13 am

DC313

DC313

Congrats on the wedding / honeymoon and hope you enjoy your european travels!!

Crazy to think you haven't seen snow before! Just avoid the yellow snow... lol!

14Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 8:20 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

BEBB GTIR wrote:Londons a big place, went the onpther month everything's miles away from each other, get a red tour bus pass, hop on hop off easiest way round and sightseeing!

Maybe for 30th anniversary meet we could all head to London? Have a blast down the mall, keep the Royals awake in the evening (lazy fuckers), park up in st James park or something lol Shocked

Thanks a lot mate, I looked the bus up, Will defs be doing that

15Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 8:21 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Stu wrote:Congratulations on the wedding Chris.

Thanks alot Stu Smile

16Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 8:30 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

DC313 wrote:Congrats on the wedding / honeymoon and hope you enjoy your european travels!!

Crazy to think you haven't seen snow before! Just avoid the yellow snow... lol!

Thanks mate Smile yeah it’s crazy, very different than over there where you guys are over it lol. That snow was near castle we saw outside of Munich. This was a view from our balcony in Interlaken where we got married.

Travels 3-C5-F84-F5-7-CC1-44-EF-9-C52-CCDE0-B3-D2263

17Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 11:07 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

gtir_woody wrote:

I’m staying at The Grosvenor Hotel on Buckingham Palace Road, I’m guessing that’s central? What’s the reasoning for charging? That seems a lot just to drive a car in a certain area!

Buckingham Palace Road - You'll be slap bang in the middle of London - great location !
You are right on top of Victoria train station so you can use the underground network with ease.
If the weather is crap definitely use the tube - it's quick and easy to get about.

I prefer to walk around London if the weather is good.
Get yourselves over to Westminster to see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament.
Cross Westminster Bridge, you then have the London Eye (the big wheel thing) - that's good - buy tickets in advance.
Then take a walk down the Southbank of the River Thames from the London Eye - it's a great walk.
This will lead you to the Millennium Bridge where you have the Tate Modern Museum and the historic Globe Theater.
St. Paul's Cathedral is on the opposite side of the river which you can't miss and you can cross the river to go see.
Carry on down the south bank towards London Bridge - there are pubs all along the Southbank walk to stop at and refresh yourself.
Once at London Bridge you have Borough Market next to Southwark Cathedral which has epic food stalls.
You also have the Shard at London Bridge (tallest building in London)
You can go to the top of the Shard - the views are EPIC.
It's quite expensive so a good tip is to pre book cocktails in one of the bars which is free to book and the views are great.
(not as high as the top platform but a great alternative).
You can then take a river boat (Thames Clipper) all the way back down to where you started and you get a view from the river which is very cool also.
That should keep you busy mate !!!!

18Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 2:54 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Thanks so much mate, that’s great, I’ll see sure to check some of those places out. Finding a good place to drink is a must each day each Laughing

19Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 2:57 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

And bebb it didn’t take me long Laughing

Travels D6-C776-F6-E8-E4-4494-A76-E-24-C738-E736-FA

20Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 4:08 pm

shroom

shroom

Have a great time looks like you have had fun already. You going anywhere else in the UK or just London? 4 nights in that stinky shit hole doesn't sound like a holiday to me haha but that's my opinion as I hate cities all the same give the Queen a wave from me

21Travels Empty Re: Travels 17th May 2019, 6:31 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

gtir_woody wrote:And bebb it didn’t take me long Laughing

Travels D6-C776-F6-E8-E4-4494-A76-E-24-C738-E736-FA

Told ya Very Happy

22Travels Empty Re: Travels 18th May 2019, 11:03 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Oh wow
Looks great .
After a honeymoon you won't be able drive for at least 2 weeks, walking be difficult too ...
Have fun .
Don't worry about Johnny, he be lost as all the sign be in english not Goerdie ...

23Travels Empty Re: Travels 18th May 2019, 3:42 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Haha thanks B Laughing in saying that I havent walked so much in my life, all this travelling makes me thirsty!

24Travels Empty Re: Travels 18th May 2019, 6:25 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

Welling_AL wrote:
gtir_woody wrote:

Buckingham Palace Road - You'll be slap bang in the middle of London - great location !
You are right on top of Victoria train station so you can use the underground network with ease.
If the weather is crap definitely use the tube - it's quick and easy to get about.

I prefer to walk around London if the weather is good.
Get yourselves over to Westminster to see Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament.
Cross Westminster Bridge, you then have the London Eye (the big wheel thing) - that's good - buy tickets in advance.
Then take a walk down the Southbank of the River Thames from the London Eye - it's a great walk.
This will lead you to the Millennium Bridge where you have the Tate Modern Museum and the historic Globe Theater.
St. Paul's Cathedral is on the opposite side of the river which you can't miss and you can cross the river to go see.
Carry on down the south bank towards London Bridge - there are pubs all along the Southbank walk to stop at and refresh yourself.
Once at London Bridge you have Borough Market next to Southwark Cathedral which has epic food stalls.
You also have the Shard at London Bridge (tallest building in London)
You can go to the top of the Shard - the views are EPIC.
It's quite expensive so a good tip is to pre book cocktails in one of the bars which is free to book and the views are great.
(not as high as the top platform but a great alternative).
You can then take a river boat (Thames Clipper) all the way back down to where you started and you get a view from the river which is very cool also.
That should keep you busy mate !!!!

Okay Mr Tour Guide 😂

25Travels Empty Re: Travels 18th May 2019, 8:32 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Mr B wrote:Oh wow
Looks great .
After a honeymoon you won't be able drive for at least 2 weeks, walking be difficult too ...
Have fun .
Don't worry about Johnny, he be lost as all the sign be in english not Goerdie ...
wey I man Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum