Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fitting a GT2871R

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Fitting a GT2871R Empty Fitting a GT2871R 5th February 2019, 4:18 pm

typeritr

typeritr

My Pulsar is at a tuning garage getting a few bits done, including fitting a gT2871R turbo. I feel like he is lining me up to charge a fortune, saying everything is tricky etc... including saying the turbo is giving awful trouble, fitting between the radiator and the block.

Can anyone tell me what needs to be done to fit a gt2871r? I thought it would just be a stock replacement.

2Fitting a GT2871R Empty Re: Fitting a GT2871R 5th February 2019, 5:36 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

I know my T2860rs is a tight fit it just clears the fan brackets so probably he's right it's a tight fit with a bigger turbo. may need slimline fans or even put the fans on the other side of the radiator?

3Fitting a GT2871R Empty Re: Fitting a GT2871R 5th February 2019, 5:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

pretty common swap.
main areas tweak is oil supply and return but it super simple diy & more so for a tuning shop .
exactly how easy everything is depends on exact housings on the turbo and what original or already tweaked on your R but it not a hard one fit .

4Fitting a GT2871R Empty Re: Fitting a GT2871R 6th February 2019, 11:45 am

astarozna

astarozna

I have 3071 in with 4" inlet. It is a tight fit but can be done. It's time and pations and nerves game. Good luck

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum