Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redoing engine harness

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redoing engine harness Empty Redoing engine harness 23rd September 2018, 6:00 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

hi guys,

thinking about redoing some of my loom. I was thinking about using some nylon braided sleeve.

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Black-Wire-Harness-Nylon-Expandable-Braiding-Braided-Cable-Sleeve-Sleeving-Tube/222991569760?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=521797724714&_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649

Is the one in the link alright? or is there different sorts more suited for a engine harness? Ive also seen some other product thats like a double thick heat shrink but not exactly sure what that is?

Any recommendations?

2Redoing engine harness Empty Re: Redoing engine harness 26th September 2018, 7:27 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Im currently watching a Practical Harness Construction - Club Level course on hpacademy.com. Really interesting so far.

3Redoing engine harness Empty Re: Redoing engine harness 26th September 2018, 9:52 am

astarozna

astarozna

HP is pretty good and really informative

4Redoing engine harness Empty Re: Redoing engine harness 27th September 2018, 7:59 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

yeah I really like it, some courses abit expensive IMO, but yeah really informative

5Redoing engine harness Empty Re: Redoing engine harness 27th September 2018, 11:08 am

ducie54

ducie54

Just buy VIP membership. Get every course and very new coarse.

I used heat shrink for most of mine but used expandable for in cabin stuff that wasn't part of the engine harness. Raychem Dr25 is overrated for most guys. I used an similar spec but just as good. Got most of my stuff including tools from this guy. He also sells molex terminals which ate dam good.

https://www.ebay.com/str/Custom-Wiring-Solutions-Australia?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

6Redoing engine harness Empty Re: Redoing engine harness 28th September 2018, 4:02 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

For most stuff I quite like using the oem style split conduit for main runs then braided or smaller conduit for tails running off to connectors. mix it with decent tape and heat shrink and you can have tidier than oem for very little outlay and it easy work with plus easier for future repairs or wiring changes .

7Redoing engine harness Empty Re: Redoing engine harness 29th September 2018, 2:15 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

yeah I'm confused what product I use for the tails running off running to the connectors? its not normal heat shrink is it? Like a suitable equivalent to dr 25 stuff.

8Redoing engine harness Empty Re: Redoing engine harness 29th September 2018, 10:58 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

gtir_woody wrote:yeah I'm confused what product I use for the tails running off running to the connectors? its not normal heat shrink is it? Like a suitable equivalent to dr 25 stuff.

I use 3:1 ebay adhesive lined heat shrink. Stays no problem on braided sleeving is fairly thick and tough as hell... I had to redo few joints and was not enjoying cutting it.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-1-4-1Black-Adhesive-Heat-shrink-Waterproof-HeatShrink-Glue-Lined-Tube-Sleeve/111799135153?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=410787649026&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648

This stuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum