Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oil air seperator spraying

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oil air seperator spraying Empty Oil air seperator spraying 14th May 2018, 6:33 pm

boyciegtir325

Just rubbed my oil air separator down to bare metal, when repraying do you have to use a special paint, does it get hot etc etc.
Also any idea wot fancy pipework I can get instead of the old oily ones on there at the mo, would like blue colour ?

Thanks in advance.

2Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 14th May 2018, 6:53 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

No I can not see it getting to hot. Goes without saying don’t get anything on the inside. Tape the tubes on the ends and some way back as the pipe goes on and won’t pull the paint as easy.

Any pipe colour you like. Samco do a pipe that bends but won’t kink. Not cheapest but looks good

3Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 14th May 2018, 6:57 pm

boyciegtir325

Thanks Johnny, yes Samco, forgot about that brand. I'll spray it with normal car spray I think.

4Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 14th May 2018, 7:01 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Like I say mate insulating tape min back from ends puts a nice neat line and is never seen stops paint flaking and going in pipes etc.

5Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 14th May 2018, 7:04 pm

boyciegtir325

Thanks , will do, just looking up the Samco pipework now.

6Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 14th May 2018, 9:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Roose motorsport do them also now ....

7Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 14th May 2018, 11:41 pm

boyciegtir325

cheers Leighton

8Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 16th May 2018, 9:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Your welcome mate ... so you just having a tidy up of the bay then ?

9Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 17th May 2018, 9:45 am

boyciegtir325

Yes trying to, just want to tart it up a bit, get all the old oily bits cleaned up.

Got a small car show near me in Gosfield, Essex, nothing big just a school fete affair but I wanted to put the car in for that.

No way is my car pristine show room condition, but for the age it's pretty good.

Been looking at a GtiR Facebook page, a guy Adam Wiacek is removing some pipework that is surplus to requirements, I too would like to remove anything that's in there as there's pipes and tubes everywhere, only problem is that I'm a complete novice and don't really understand the terminology unless it's in complete laymans terms !

Spraying oil / air separator today, think that's my limit !!! lol

10Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 17th May 2018, 9:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What pipes is he removing I've not seen that post on Facebook....

11Oil air seperator spraying Empty Re: Oil air seperator spraying 17th May 2018, 10:56 pm

boyciegtir325

whether he is removing this or not I'm not sure, but it's the cold air device ??? also cooling pipes to the throttle bodies and blanking the feed and return pipes ??? TBH Leighton he may as well be talking Japanese !!! I don't understand a word !

One question tho, the screen wash bottle, well my one, sits under the battery holder, the top part ie the bit with the cap is plastic, but underneath the battery holder I can't see, I take it this is also plastic, how do I get to it to inspect it?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum