Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanted: Gearbox Brace

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wanted:  Gearbox Brace Empty Wanted: Gearbox Brace 16th April 2018, 9:20 am

typeritr

typeritr

I am looking to buy a Stracher Motorspot Gearbox Brace. I am looking for the one that goes on the outside of the box.

I am unsure of anybody else that makes braces and I don't want to lose 5th gear. So am open to suggestions of different braces.

I already read the thread about making your own brace with fiberglass etc.... But if you don't have metal swarf or fiberglass, then I have to go buy all that, which will still cost a bit of money so may as well just buy the brace.

So if anybody has one they are not using or willing to sell, let me know.

Thanks

2Wanted:  Gearbox Brace Empty Re: Wanted: Gearbox Brace 16th April 2018, 10:26 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Is your box 8 or 10 mm bolts mate as req the right one

3Wanted:  Gearbox Brace Empty Re: Wanted: Gearbox Brace 16th April 2018, 10:45 am

typeritr

typeritr

I have a phase 2 gearbox anyway. I am afraid I don't know what size bolts it takes though. I thought that stracher bracket was for the phase 2 gearbox so didn't realise there was different bolts. I will have to look into it further

4Wanted:  Gearbox Brace Empty Re: Wanted: Gearbox Brace 16th April 2018, 11:32 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Im in process of producing a few of the braces we made years back which do work but these are modified from our original design.
They should be ready in around 4-6 weeks, will be selling a few on ebay and via our website

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Wanted:  Gearbox Brace Empty Re: Wanted: Gearbox Brace 17th April 2018, 12:26 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

typeritr wrote:I have a phase 2 gearbox anyway. I am afraid I don't know what size bolts it takes though. I thought that stracher bracket was for the phase 2 gearbox so didn't realise there was different bolts. I will have to look into it further

When I brought mine he accommodated for both bolt sizes, just had to let him know which size you had. I got a set of both sizes incase I have changed boxes.

6Wanted:  Gearbox Brace Empty Re: Wanted: Gearbox Brace 17th April 2018, 8:24 am

typeritr

typeritr

Thanks for the info, I may have to do the same and order something that will accommodate for both bolt sizes. I'm working on the car tonight so may see if I can check the bolt sizes.

How much do you plan on charging for the braces Bob? Any pictures of what they look like? I could probably wait 4-6 weeks.

7Wanted:  Gearbox Brace Empty Re: Wanted: Gearbox Brace 17th April 2018, 11:49 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

No pics as of yet until they are done, but will set the price at anything between £80 - £95 a unit ready to fit.

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum