Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round)

+6
shroom
Stugtir300
pulsarmoley
Mr B
Welling_AL
GTI-R US
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Right guys not been on here much of late due to workload etc but weve been up to a fair few things over the past few months.

We are sponsoring the young lad 'Ross Connolly' who's one of Extreme 22s drivers in the BTRDA rallycross championship........more interestingly for you's is that hes entered his first season driving a Nissan Pulsar and is up with some stiff competition in the modified 4wd category.
There is a very limited budget with the car but weve been working hard to try make his car competetive in this category. The other thing to note is that Ross is only 16 years old (hasnt even got a normal drivers license) and hes up against some very good experienced drivers:shock: 
As well as getting the car ready for its first outing I have been helping Ross with a few tips ive picked up over the years to improve his driving skills and make him faster. The Pulsar needs to be treated differently to most other cars in order to be quick and in some ways it goes against the driving rule book of smoothness = faster Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) Icon_lol Im sure some of you that have had their cars on the limit on track will know what im talking about lol.

Anyway after a shakedown at Lydden Hill a few weeks ago the gearbox decided to shite itself Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) Icon_rolleyesso got another fitted straight away as well as ironing out a few other teething issues with the car. The car is running a fair few mod's but is still running a stock turbo, maf and injectors with boost set at 1.4 bar so shes reasonably quick Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) Icon_smile afr's are good still so could even run a tad more boost but the stock T28 cfm wont really give much more so left it at that rather than running tubby beyond its limit with no real gains.
I have test drove the car a few times on our private test track and she is one very good handling and extremely quick little car now after making a few alterations. 
Ideally the car needs better brakes, straight cut gearbox a bigger turbo, ecu management & mapping which we will be sorting in a week or so, then we can really start to push hard and hopefully destroy the competition.

So now to last weekends event which was at Blyton park in Lincolnshire and first round of the championship Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 670566794 

I was at an army reunion on Friday / Saturday in Gt Yarmouth so after two days of mucho drinking and merryments i headed up to Blyton park late saturday where Ross and Extreme22 were staying, they had the lorry with big marque already setup so i set about making a few last minute checks and adjustments to the car, once finished (early hours Sunday morning) got a bit of shut eye ready to be up early to get car weighed, scruteneered, fuelled up so was all ready for Ross to drive Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) Icon_bounce 

Basically there are 4 heats after a practice session which determine your grid position in the final.

So heres a few pics (got loads & vids) but no time to upload them all at the mo sorry!

Heres a rocker cover we did for him which is a bit of a joke as thats what he wanted
Very Happy
Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180313
Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180317

Ross ended up with finishing third which is some achievement for a 16 year old thumbsup

Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180324
Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180311

Some of Blyton over weekend
Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180316
Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180326
Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180327

Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180325

Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180318

Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180321

Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180322

Extreme 22 Pulsar Gtir racing @ British Rallycross Championship (1st round) 20180321

I for one am extremely proud of the lad Ross!
Hes not a know it all, he listens to what hes told & takes onboard advice given, doesnt make excuses if hes made an error and just a generally nice lad who im sure will go far and move on to better things with his racing and motorsport in general you the man

I will do all i can to help him on his way, he's already gained commited interest from other sponsors which is no mean feat so this will help financially with the huge running costs involved.

Also his dad 'Mark' & wife 'Lorraine' should take a lot of credit for getting him to this point as i know first hand how hard they have both worked and how committed they are to see their son do well thumbsup  british  

With a little more competition experience, bags of luck (always helps) Laughing and some weaknesses ironed out with the car im sure Ross will be bringing some 1st place trophies home this season

So good news for all the Pulsar lovers out there Go ROSSY, GO ROSSY  Laughing  cheers

Last edited by GTI-R US on 29th March 2018, 2:17 pm; edited 4 times in total

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Great write-up - thanks for the update Bob !
Amazing to see a young lad take our favorite old banger and with your help make a competitive car out if it and by the sounds of it do very well in Round 1 - Hats Off !
Well done to him and all involved !
Be great to keep this thread going with updates.
Keep us posted on future Rounds as I'm sure members would happily go along and support if possible.

Al.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah cheers Al il try keep this thread updated from now on, he needs as much support as he can get from you guys.........when i used to race bikes i know how much difference it makes when you have supporters there watching, it gives you an extra lift as you dont want to let anyone down

So i will post up the rounds too and location if any of you want to come along and watch.......hey you may even get a cuppa lol

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That's cool, great see a R doing well and a young lad doing well .
With those things sorted on car he would be 1st/2nd pretty easily I would think .
Good publicity for the R community too ...

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

Good work sir Bob thumbsup

Stugtir300

Well done so far boys,this will be good exposure for our little cars and for the young lad,good luck to all involved and hopefully if you keep us updated Bob amongst all your other commitments,it should make for a good read.

shroom

shroom

Nice one Bob good right up fella glad to see this looks awesome would like to see it in the flesh!

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I've been following Ross progress he's doing really well and with your magic hands Bob he should go far ....

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Great to see him getting out there with the R. The fact he is doing well is a added bonus and good on everyone supporting him I know bob and Stu couple others have both helped him on his way

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Awesome update mate, been waiting awhile to hear how things are going. Great to see a young guy getting support. Its great exposure for the R community. Best of luck thumbsup

shroom

shroom

I see this on eBay now what's he moving to? Pulsar lasted just one season?

splmum

splmum

Pass on "well done" to Ross and of course for you as well Bob, every little bit helps.

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Yeah hes decided to sell up and dare i say What a Face run whip
Going the same route as me with curcuit racing and a uhmmmm! ##### Laughing Laughing

Weve just purchased a race transporter 12 ton motorhome with a big workshop at rear and loading for possibly 2 cars, the things almost 38ft long so probably bring Ross with us to events etc

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What's he getting next Bob?

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

another sell out, bracpan, bardy and connolly. only R's left in motorsport are real small club level and only 2 or 3 events a year that no one knows about . Shame as was doing lad and R good publicity .

splmum

splmum

GTI-R US wrote:Yeah hes decided to sell up and dare i say What a Face run whip
Going the same route as me with curcuit racing and a uhmmmm! ##### Laughing Laughing

Weve just purchased a race transporter 12 ton motorhome with a big workshop at rear and loading for possibly 2 cars, the things almost 38ft long so probably bring Ross with us to events etc

Shame, he was doing ok.

Nice on the transported.

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Shame to see him move on not with an R.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum