Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ohlins suspension

+3
ducie54
johnny gtir
GTIRSI
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ohlins suspension  Empty Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 6:51 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I'm looking at getting some coilovers made via a uk distribution company bgmotorsport, they won't be cheap but from what I'm told they will ride better than oem & also be good for track!!!

I'm going to give them some stock shocks to get the dimensions made if anyone is interested let me know.

2Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 8:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Very interested

3Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 9:07 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

It's the price that's going to put nearly everyone off to have the first set made its going to be the best part of 4K Sad but if we could find 5 people who want them it would be cheaper
I suppose it's the initial set up cost to produce the first set then the more they sell the cheaper it would be to produce!!!

I'm expecting them to be amazing for the price & rightly so!!!
Pete has a mate with them on a evo & has said how good they are compared to bc tein & other cheap coilovers that shake you & the car to bits.

4Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 9:37 pm

ducie54

ducie54

Have you looked at DMS, they already do a set for the pulsar http://www.dmshocks.com

http://www.dmsireland.net

5Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 9:57 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Yeah there are a few options for gtir bc, meister, tein, but they are all cheaply made & don't give enough travel, do you know anything about dms or people using them on a gtir?

I want something that's going to be as comfortable as oem ride if not better on rough B roads & I think ohlins will be perfect but it's just the cost!!! The quality looks amazing...

6Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 10:13 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I’d love some options available, what works on a track doesn’t mean it’s good on our shitty roads

7Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 10:31 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

That's the problem most people use them on road & good road setups are not available now. Like gab & nismo kyb all being second hand & worn out!!!

So only choice is cheaper range coilovers so that's why I'm thinking of investing in something top quality, hopefully they are so good that people will want them & doing group buys will bring cost down for everyone.

8Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 10:42 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Rob up my way has ohlins on his Pulsar and I am sure bob had a Set ( not sure if it’s the same ones)

9Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 14th January 2018, 10:49 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

I guess it's the old ohlin shocks apparently they are made in Japan & not linked to the Swedish made stuff that's what I have been told today, unless he has had a set of coilovers made at this sort of cost, would be interesting to find out

10Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 20th January 2018, 4:28 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

GTIRSI wrote:I guess it's the old ohlin shocks apparently they are made in Japan & not linked to the Swedish made stuff that's what I have been told today, unless he has had a set of coilovers made at this sort of cost, would be interesting to find out

The Japanese Ohlins shocks are still available new.

https://rzcrewgarage.com/products/ohlins-japan-coilover-kit-type-n-nissan-pulsar-rnn14-oj-n-rnn14

11Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 20th January 2018, 8:20 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

I have some expensive ohlins suspension with pillow ball mounts on my rb gtir. Just haven't had time to really go round the car yet.

12Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 24th March 2018, 7:05 pm

simigeri

simigeri

http://en.intraxracing.nl/merken/nissan/

13Ohlins suspension  Empty Re: Ohlins suspension 25th March 2018, 7:33 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

The absolute best for reasonable money you can buy for the GTi-R right now are made by Feal Suspension in California. They're $1350.00 and have a max travel option (20mm more travel than usual) and tons of digressive compression damping, something the Pulsar desperately needs.

Give them a call, see what they can do for you. They're a great company, all their coilovers are hand built to order.
The $1350 is the price for the base 441 setup, which can be later upgraded to the 2 way external res 442 kit in the future if you so desire. Feal can also rebuild other brands of suspension and convert them to 2 way external reservoir.

http://feal-suspension6.mybigcommerce.com/feal-441-coilovers-91-95-nissan-pulsar-gti-r/

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum