Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Twitchy handling

+6
PartyPete
shroom
Gaz GTiR
Mr B
Stu
mike74
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Twitchy handling Empty Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 12:58 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Apart from my clutch giving up, ive just rememberd another issue ive got!

This is a handling issue... Basicly the car has been abit twitchy on cornering & also if I'm driving in a strait line about 30mph & I steer from left to right cotinuasly (like if you was on track & going from left to right to warm tyres up) as I straiten up to carry on in a strait line, the chassis of the car takes a second to settle, like the chassis is still swaying if that makes sense? (its not body roll, its more like chassis is still going from left to right for a second after I straiten up)

Ive checked all bushes underneath, ball joints, track rods etc etc & everything seems fine! Any ideas? scratch scratch

2Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 2:04 pm

mike74

mike74

soft/squishy tyre walls?
over medication?

3Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 2:11 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh could well be, But ive had these tyres on for a while & its only recently started doing it

4Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 2:53 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Ask your son Laughing

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

5Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 3:23 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Stu wrote:Ask your son Laughing

lol! How many paypals you received mate? lol!

6Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 4:38 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

what struts/springs and suspension bushes/arbs you got .
any castor mods and what geometry you run .

7Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 5:30 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Sounds like bump steer to me. Is your car lowered quite a bit?

8Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 5:48 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

I'm running nismo struts with spax springs, whiteline rear arb with polybushes & standard front arb polybused... All seem to be ok tho, no leak on struts & all bushes under car seem ok!

Twitchy handling 1048495_463811420412774_1440406626_o_zps88cde1a1

Car is lowerd quite abit & always handled brilliantly out of all the R's ive driven... This has only recently occurred scratch scratch

9Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 7:06 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

My s2000 used to do the exact same thing you’re describing gaz, it was until I replaced all the old original bushes on the rear end with new poly bushes did it stop! It was a very unsettling feeling, especially around corners, as I would turn in it felt like it would turn in a little bit more than what I’d want it too, and also changing gear at speed, it would sway slightly. Any way,it was the bushes

10Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 7:34 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Exact same mate where it feels like its wanting to turn more, also feels like it want to push out more aswell like it dousnt want to took itsel in to the corner... Ill have another look under it when I do the box!

what bushes did you replace with polybushes & how much did it cost you for the bushes as I know there bloody expensive replacing them all

11Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 8:34 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Anti roll bar, lower and upper arms and trailing arm bushes, Infact I think from memory it may have been the trailing arm bushes that were causing the issue, didn’t cost that much, was like £100 ish (it was like a year ago I did this) it was from a company on eBay from Poland, they weren’t a big brand name like powerflex (would have cost 3 times more) and there were perfect and solved the issue....

12Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 20th December 2017, 10:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ strongflex

used them for some subaru bushes and good for the price .

Don't do a full range of bushes for the R but few threads on here with good price range of bush options .

13Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 12:14 am

shroom

shroom

PartyPete wrote:Anti roll bar, lower and upper arms and trailing arm bushes, Infact I think from memory it may have been the trailing arm bushes that were causing the issue, didn’t cost that much, was like £100 ish (it was like a year ago I did this) it was from a company on eBay from Poland, they weren’t a big brand name like powerflex (would have cost 3 times morfe) and there were perfect and solved the issue....

When I brought your Pulsar its was the same, rose joints on the D2 coilovers were so worn thet were clanging about all the rear bushes were fubared 360bhp and it was a death trap on the way home I shit myself lol worst handling R I had ever driven.

Gaz just give up and sell the tin can mate get an Evo something that can actually go round corners its probably the first time you have taken it over 60mph every R is the same lol

14Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 6:30 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Yea I had a look and I think it is strong flex as B says. Shroom
What did you change on it when you bought it? And who did you get it off?

15Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 7:23 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

I'd look into a subframe lock kit as well. Spoon Sports currently makes a set for front and rear. Based on some of your symptoms, it sounds like maybe one of your subframes is shifting under load.

16Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 7:47 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Never heard of a subframe lock kit, do you have a link so I could have a look?

17Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 8:16 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

This one?

http://www.whiteline.com.au/product_detail4.php?part_number=KCA349

18Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 12:00 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

Yeh ill have another check when I get it on the ramp... & £100 aint bad pete What a Face I may invest lol.

I'm never below 70 shroom Laughing Laughing

19Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 12:30 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

sounds to me as though its towing out too much or too much camber???
get the alignment done to settings i put up in suspension section

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

20Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 1:28 pm

Gaz GTiR

Gaz GTiR

GTI-R US wrote:sounds to me as though its towing out too much or too much camber???

That's what I had it set to mate when I had it aligned, but now you meantion it that's when it didn't feel right so maybe hes done it wrong & need it checking

21Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 5:22 pm

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

PartyPete wrote:Never heard of a subframe lock kit, do you have a link so I could have a look?

Here you go Pete,
Spoon makes a complete kit for front and rear, although I can't seem to find the front one on this website for some reason. They do list the rear.

https://www.spoonsports.eu/spoon-products/product-manufacturer/rigid-collar.html

22Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 8:13 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Gaz GTiR wrote:
GTI-R US wrote:sounds to me as though its towing out too much or too much camber???

That's what I had it set to mate when I had it aligned, but now you meantion it that's when it didn't feel right so maybe hes done it wrong & need it checking

In that case worn bush or something like a nut or bolts come slack or they ain’t tighten it

23Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 8:32 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

not unusual have alignment set wrong if operator bit sloppy . rear end bushes also give this sort of problem and if some still originals they be long way from their best by now especially with how you go round roundabouts :-)

24Twitchy handling Empty Re: Twitchy handling 21st December 2017, 9:55 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Some mess it up B. My lasses mini the tracking was out. I ended up booking 4 wheel align because they disturbed the rear and bushes ( probably never had the rear adjusted ) it suddenly had a lot more play than ever creating movement. Also some try to hard to get it perfect and don’t realise if it won’t come right on one side set both sides slightly out to compensate so the car drives right

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum