Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Air bag

+2
Mr B
ROB_IOW
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Air bag Empty Air bag 3rd December 2017, 9:47 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Nissan trivia question for anyone with a wide knowlegde of Nissans. What other Nissans had an air bag warning light on the clocks similar to the photo below so I can buy a set and cut it out.
I have been trying to track down a set of Pulsar clocks which have the air bag warning light but due to rareity, have not succeeded.
Option 2 is to retro fit an Air Bag red warning light into the existing clocks. But for this I need to find something similar to that of the original to do the job.
Photo below shows what it looks like in the GTIR.
Air bag Img_3910

2Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 3rd December 2017, 10:05 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

What's wrong with yours?

I recently bought a set of clocks from an Australian 100nx that has an airbag light similar to what your pic shows

3Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 3rd December 2017, 11:10 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

My car is a genuine air bag model but when it was rebuilt, the clocks were changed as someone had fitted white dials and buggered up the gauges. So the clocks currently in the car are not the originals. So I want to put an air bag light on the ones I have.

4Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 3rd December 2017, 11:20 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Never seem a gtir with an air bag

5Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 3rd December 2017, 11:31 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

It's the real deal...!

6Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 4th December 2017, 12:31 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

94 on could have airbag, was last run they done.
I think will see a 4 spoke wheel was original airbag wheel for the gtir, if 3 spoke it possible not native to the R from factory .
you'll have a srs ecu behind the ashtray, clocks had airbag light above the abs light and between the direction indicator lights.
investigate phase 2 clocks to see if can be added in or if was specific clocks .

7Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 4th December 2017, 2:27 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I have the air bag ECU behind the ash tray and there are Air Bag warning stickers all over the car. Interestingly enough, its a 'K' reg not an 'L' reg. There must be a way of retro-fitting a red light into the clocks between the indicator lights as per the photo, I just need to find some similar clocks so I can rob the parts. So does anyone know clocks that look the same as the R?

8Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 4th December 2017, 7:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

There is another part near the handbrake.One of Mine is airbag model but same the clocks I think have been changed

9Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 4th December 2017, 7:41 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Yes you are right, there is a bar or something near the handbrake when you take the centre console off

10Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 4th December 2017, 8:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Never heard of airbag before but you learn something new everyday... airbags are overrated anyway lol

11Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 4th December 2017, 9:14 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Air bag 7_ECAAC35-_DCA4-4758-_BE84-_F9_AA263_A2_B7_D

12Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 4th December 2017, 9:16 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

gtir_woody wrote:Air bag 7_ECAAC35-_DCA4-4758-_BE84-_F9_AA263_A2_B7_D
Excellent little chart, where did that come from?

13Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 4th December 2017, 9:47 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

https://gtir-registry.com/info/gtir-production/

Smile

14Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 1st April 2018, 9:08 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

Bumping this... still searching for a set of clocks that have an air bag light if anyone comes accross a set! I’ve learned that only 21 were ever made so it’s rare

15Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 2nd April 2018, 7:06 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I wonder if the membrane on the back of the cluster is different for the air bag model? Do you know the wiring to retro fit an air bag light if you find one?

16Air bag Empty Re: Air bag 2nd April 2018, 10:14 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

gtir_woody wrote:I wonder if the membrane on the back of the cluster is different for the air bag model? Do you know the wiring to retro fit an air bag light if you find one?

Been investigating this. Every set of clocks seems to be the same, it’s just that the air bag red face is present on an air bag model. The bulb and wiring is there but I need to find something to put on the front so it’s red and says “air bag”. I need to find a car with something similar

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum