Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Snow

+11
ROB_IOW
BEBB GTIR
johnboy
typeritr
johnny gtir
gtir_woody
astarozna
Mr B
nomad
TOMMYPRU.GTIR
mike74
15 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Snow Empty Snow 30th November 2017, 10:18 am

mike74

mike74

Yep, we got about 1-1/2" of the filthy stuff last night. Only problem was it fell on top of frozen slush!
Made for an interesting drive into work. I normally go along a shitty little B road to avoid traffic on the main roads and it was slippy but alright. Slow n steady and the old girl made it where only 4x4's dare to go.

The main road at the end of that was a different story though. It took me about an hour to travel the final 4 miles into work...for no apparent reason. Bah!

There was quite a few cars went 'off road' on the way in too. One stoopid pap must've only made it less than a mile from his house before he went straight into a lamp post.

There really is some fucktard drivers out there!!

Anybody else got 'adverse weather' where they are or is it just us hardened Scotties? Very Happy

Snow Winter10

2Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 3:12 pm

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

TOMMYPRU.GTIR

lol! goodpost

i think its your way and down the north east coast. weve not seen out in the north west........yet.

3Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 3:25 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Had a few flurries of it but nothing laid or come to much .....

4Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 4:07 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

It pretty bad here, about 31degC, if put my aircon to 25 it winter and get ice in the water drain tube :-) had a food stall washing dishes on roadside and dish water on road was bit white & slippy lol (nightmare for bikes) . Drivers here seem crash on a dead straight road in perfect weather lol, if it snowed I think we all die here :-)

5Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 5:18 pm

mike74

mike74

I doubt we'd get 31 degrees here even if kim jung un detonated a nuke above our heads!

6Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 5:31 pm

astarozna

astarozna

We get here a bit more than 31C but sadly in confined spaces(saunas)  Very Happy but outside is all right at the moment, we call it "shitty ski weather" couple of inches of snow which melts during the day and freezes over night.

7Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 8:24 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

No snow here Laughing I’ve never seen it, I’d really like a white Christmas one day

8Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 8:42 pm

mike74

mike74

I think the only place youre guaranteed a 'white christmas' is Columbia :p

9Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 8:52 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

HA ha was thinking that or when a girl becomes a good girl Very Happy

10Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 9:38 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Columbia would also be fine with me Laughing

11Snow Empty Re: Snow 30th November 2017, 10:39 pm

typeritr

typeritr

No Snow here in Ireland either. But it rains. A lot. Here is a quote from the Irish meteorological site

"The average number of wet days ranges from about 150 days a year along the east and south-east coasts, to about 225 days a year in parts of the west"

I live in the west Neutral

When it snows though, you would swear we are a country of Mr Magoos behind the wheel. Guys sliding over roundabouts and into ditches for fun.

12Snow Empty Re: Snow 1st December 2017, 7:09 am

astarozna

astarozna

gtir_woody wrote:No snow here Laughing I’ve never seen it, I’d really like a white Christmas one day
You have 3 ski resorts NSW, but it would cost you half of you're pulsar to stay there a week. Very Happy

13Snow Empty Re: Snow 8th December 2017, 9:02 am

mike74

mike74

Well, its back again and even more of it!
The main roads are ok this time but apparently the back roads are like parking lots due to various accidents.
I hadn't even made it 300 yards from my house to find a Fiat 500 half way up a hill with the hazards on; had to reverse back to let them get out of the way. I don't think they believed their eyes when I simply drove up it with no problems (hee hee hee)

Had some of armfuls of opposite lock at a few junctions to brighten up the journey too, which was nice. Made lots of rally car noises coming into the junction at the top of my work's street with a little pirouette and four wheel drift. Don't think anyone noticed though  Sad
The journey home should be interesting if it keeps up like this though!

Looking at the weather map, it looks like some of you southerners may actually have some interesting weather today too!

Anyone else experiencing snow smugness?

14Snow Empty Re: Snow 8th December 2017, 12:43 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Sunshine and clear blue sky down here.....
Would love a bit of snow, but it never seems to make it this far south.

15Snow Empty Re: Snow 8th December 2017, 3:16 pm

BEBB GTIR

BEBB GTIR
the one star club
the one star club

Loads of snow here, got stuck in town in my Almera had some passers by push me up the hill lol

Time to get the pulsar out Twisted Evil

16Snow Empty Re: Snow 8th December 2017, 7:47 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Never really get any snow here .. not seen snow for 5 years

17Snow Empty Re: Snow 8th December 2017, 8:44 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

BEBB GTIR wrote:Loads of snow here, got stuck in town in my Almera had some passers by push me up the hill lol

Time to get the pulsar out Twisted Evil
My Almera gti was 10 times better in the snow and the abs in the snow the car went anydirection you pointed it under braking.

My R is crap unless you get foot planted but doing that if something goes wrong your going fast for built up areas inc getting out my estate

18Snow Empty Re: Snow 8th December 2017, 9:38 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Had sod all here but does have a forecast for it Sunday .... hopefully not as got a a flue liner and chimney to rebuild .....

19Snow Empty Re: Snow 9th December 2017, 1:43 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Snow 20171217
Taken this morning.
Then we had about 6 inches of snow fall through the day.
Was fun loosing grip on the roads lol

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

20Snow Empty Re: Snow 9th December 2017, 10:16 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Your poor pulsar .. you need to get it a coat or a nice heated garage

21Snow Empty Re: Snow 9th December 2017, 12:38 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ +1 with Rob, once finished playing get her washed and in your front room lol .

22Snow Empty Re: Snow 9th December 2017, 6:30 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hahaha I thought a car was supposed to be left outside?

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

23Snow Empty Re: Snow 9th December 2017, 7:06 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

An R is more than car stu, it a life partner .
You just had yours in for cometic makeover, I would put the christmas tree outside and get the R in as way better look at and won't make a mess or have a squirrel hiding in it :-P

24Snow Empty Re: Snow 9th December 2017, 7:14 pm

shroom

shroom

There is nothing an R likes more than salty slushy roads mine loves it hahaha.

Lots of snow here spend an hour digging out the drive to get there car out. Took about 2 half hours to get to work which is usualy half hour journey.

Lets see how its goes tomorrow as its coming again!

25Snow Empty Re: Snow 9th December 2017, 9:25 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mr B wrote:An R is more than car stu, it a life partner .
You just had yours in for cometic makeover, I would put the christmas tree outside and get the R in as way better look at and won't make a mess or have a squirrel hiding in it :-P

Treat them mean, they love it Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum