Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stock intercooler coupler size

+2
PartyPete
venom42
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Stock intercooler coupler size 17th November 2017, 8:59 pm

venom42

venom42

I have searched, but cannot seem to find the answer. I want to replace the stock rubber hose couplers with silicone ones. The stock ones are old and I believe may have cracks that are opening under boost, causing a leak. What size couplers do I need to get? Same on both ends, or is a reducer needed? I am still running the stock top mount intercooler with the stock turbo, and have no plans of changing it.

2Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 17th November 2017, 10:07 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Could you not just take them off and measure them?

3Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 17th November 2017, 10:46 pm

venom42

venom42

Not while I am at work. Very Happy I also wanted there to be a record here so anyone searching for this in the future can find it.

4Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 17th November 2017, 10:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

http://www.amber-performance.co.uk/product.php?xProd=8013

5Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 17th November 2017, 11:48 pm

venom42

venom42

That is perfect.  I found a company selling this kit in the US as well, so I should be able to get it a bit quicker.  Hard to tell, but it looks like it might actually replace the hard bits of the piping too.

6Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 18th November 2017, 1:50 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

No just replaces oem rubber elbows .
If you measure your pipes add details to the thread for future reference ...

7Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 18th November 2017, 8:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

As Mr b says it only replaces the rubber sections on the standard intercooler and turbo .... don't think I've ever seen hoses that replace hard pipes ...

8Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 18th November 2017, 9:12 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

2.5 inch from what I remember

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

9Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 30th November 2017, 9:26 pm

venom42

venom42

The order I placed for the Samco kit was rejected because they said they were no longer available.  I measured the circumference of the pipes on the car, and did the math.  Looks to be 2.5" diameter all the way around (as Gostek stated).  The bottom looks to be maybe a 45 degree, and the top is a 90.  I am going to try just ordering some couplers from a company here in the states.  It looks like you can get both for less than $40 US.

Last edited by venom42 on 30th November 2017, 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

10Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 30th November 2017, 9:28 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

You can get the samco ones here in uk.

11Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 30th November 2017, 10:29 pm

venom42

venom42

I am going to have a run at ordering the individual couplers from a US supplier, as it looks to be a good bit less expensive than ordering the Samco kit (and I can get them much quicker).  If they do not fit, or I run into other issues with it, then I will just order the Samco kit from that side of the world.  If it works, then I saved ~$80 US, if not then I am only out about $30.  I will post here if they fit and look to be good quality so others can use them as well.

12Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 1st December 2017, 7:21 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Fingers crossed mate

13Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 1st December 2017, 7:28 pm

venom42

venom42

Ordered from Amazon. Total of $32 for both.  I ordered a 45 degree for the bottom and 90 for the top.  I will have them Sunday, and will go ahead and fit them if the weather is nice.  I'll update the post when done.  My only concern is that the bottom may need to be more like 30 degrees.

14Stock intercooler coupler size Empty Re: Stock intercooler coupler size 8th December 2017, 4:35 pm

venom42

venom42

I put them on last night. 2.5" works with a 45 degree on the bottom and a 90 up top. You will have to shorten the length on each side, as they are way too long as they come. The ones I got, I picked up from Amazon Prime for $16 each. They seem to be good quality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum