Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What to do :(

+14
nomad
splmum
pulsarmad20
johnny gtir
buckym120
Girl racer
GTI-R US
Cosmic73
BEBB GTIR
johnboy
Welling_AL
Daveymeladdy
ROB_IOW
Stu
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 4]

1What to do :(  Empty What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:04 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I came home from work friday and my nieghbour called me over and said have you seen all the rocks and stones in your garden ... so i checked and seen them laying over my patio next to the glass back door and window so i gathered them up in a pile saw a couple in the car park but was past the all the cars ... this happend as there is a school that backs onto my garden and car park where i park my pulsar and civic type r wich is right next to my house anyway the kids from the school wich i would say its abit of a school for shall we say challenged kids .... had been throwing stones over the hedge my nieghbour walked round the school and complained so atleast it had been noted by the school of the incident ..anyway skip to saturday had been working all day gardening with my mate who said when we finish we will shoot back to mine and do the garden as i have been decorating the house and had no time to do it .... so got back and started .. scrapped round the car park edges round the pulsar noticed a rock down near the door so lifted the cover i have find a scratch down the door thought well its a scratch i was going to rub it down anyway .... thought id check more lifted the cover front up and saw the bonnet and wing .... bonnet is fucked wing could be beaten out but whats the point ..... pulled the cover off completly found a chip in windscreen another dent in the drivers door .. now where the fook does that leave me .

2What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:11 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ive sent an email to the school with some pictures of the damage and found more damage since as i know every mark my r was pretty straight other than a little bit of rust on the arches .....i need to speak to the school but im pretty pissed off at them as couple of years back i had the r screen done because of kids from the school did the same thing last year was clay flower pots now this makes me want to just give up ..how can i get quotes for the body work when my r is off the road ... claiming on my insurance is out of the question ... i guess il see whatthe school says if i dont get no joy il will probably sell up

3What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What to do :(  20170520_201525

4What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

These were around my r

5What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:13 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What to do :(  20170520_182926

6What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:14 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Bonnet and wing

7What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:16 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Cant upload the other pics as photobucket has gone up the poo-cart ....

8What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I have been saving a few quid here and there for my pulsar fund wich have been doing well and managed to save over 635quid so far wich may not be a huge amount to some however its all hard earnt cash regardless ... the idea being that i finish decorating the house and then get outside and start the r ..... so could be some parts for sale shortly ..... custom pulsar badges fully complete set of front and rear poly bushes exhausts turbo timers .... avcr's boost controllers brand new fuel pumps coilovers i mean i have quite a lot of stuff brand new and never fitted may do a whole job lot price we will see .

9What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:27 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Ffs little shit!
The school are responsible mate so should be made pay for repair or replacements!
Your neighbour has reported it so it should be in record.
Plus you have had other instances of the same nature. Did you report it last time?
I would speak to citizens advice. They will advise you and maybe take it on for you too.

10What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:30 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Far out mate, they aren't small stones and that's some bad damage. I cant imagine it would be easy to get money out of the school for the repairs either? As per normal response on here, dont sell up Laughing you are just having a moment, its disheartening though.

Could you put up one of those portable plastic car port things up? so the rocks might not make it directly onto your cars?

11What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The way im going to approach it is i think being its in school time so in a technical sense the school is responsible for the pupils so technicly its down to the school but we will see . If i get nowhere car will defo be sold in one way or another it was the only thing good going for it was the body work was straight with a few niggly wiring issues ... Evil or Very Mad

12What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:41 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

First call in the morning should be to the police .

That's done allot of damage to your car buddy .
A police officer walking into scool will have more luck speaking to somone official than you walking in .

Last edited by ROB_IOW on 21st May 2017, 10:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

13What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Very true rob i will inform the school that im am prepared to go this far i sent them the email because its something in black and white so to speak wich is documented with dates and times so cannot wriggle out of it .....

14What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 10:54 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Also need to say  somone witnessed stones coming over the wall / fence / hedge

If you just say oh they were there and I think they came from the school you've got no hope ..  

Your neighbour saw them coming over didn't he and he witnessed them hitting your car ..

15What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 21st May 2017, 11:01 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Yeah she witnessed the barrage of stones coming over from the school .... there is also cctv camera's installed at the school so im hoping this is also caught .. but my nieghbour was that concerned about the stones she walked round to the school wich is quite far as there is no direct route to the school ... so yes i have a witness wich can only be a good thing i guess .

16What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 6:55 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

It's classed as criminal damage, age doesn't come into it. If the school hasn't adequately supervised the kids then that's their problem. I would call police and get a crime reference number. Then contact a solicitor and sue for all expenses and legal costs to obtain. The school will probably just pay you off as it would be cheaper than defending it.

17What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 7:12 am

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

In fact, only use a solicitor if you think they'll pay out. If you've already got a particularly bad relationship with the school then just do this...
https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
Register with them and then fill out a personal claim against the school. They will then get a court letter and 28 days to respond and file a defense (if any) or pay you. If they file a defense then a court date will be set, and at this stage the case is usually transferred to your local court. If they don't defend it then usually it is awarded in your favour and you'll get a judgement against them. They then have 14 days to pay you by order of the court. If they don't then You can then escalate this to the high court and get it enforced.
Contact these guys, http://thesheriffsoffice.com

18What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 10:15 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Well i have just spoke to the school i have to write a letter the kcc insurance and risk management liabillity team with photographs of the damage the headteacher has already informed them so i will see what reponse i get from them and seek legal advice . Thanks all for your opinions and advice so far . I think the car may get written off as spoke to bodyshop this morning .

19What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 12:43 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

That's fucking crazy ! Little bastards !
Really hope you get this resolved - it's just not on !

20What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 1:11 pm

johnboy

johnboy

Keep in mind it's not car insurance you're claiming on, it's criminal damage, so the write off value of the car may not come in to it.
They may have to pay for repair at any cost....

21What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 1:24 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Is that so john i have no idea how it works with criminal damage its not something ive ever encountered to be honest ... hopefully it all goes smoothly without to much aggro i will see whats what then seek legal advice prior to any decision ... i will keep this thread updated

22What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 1:31 pm

Daveymeladdy

Daveymeladdy

I'm sure John is right, you definitely want to call police, that way you get a crime reference number so that it has actually been reported as a "Crime" and is therefore an event you wish to be compensated for

23What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 2:33 pm

johnboy

johnboy

As Dave said, must get police involved and get that reference number. If it goes to a criminal case you'll need it.

24What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 4:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Duelly noted i will sort that out tomorrow morning wich i think is still in reasonable time as spoke to the school today to see whats what .

25What to do :(  Empty Re: What to do :( 22nd May 2017, 4:37 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What to do :(  20170522_171635

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 4]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum