Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coilover part number

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coilover part number Empty Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 6:24 pm

Gavyjoe

Hi
Bit of a long shot here but does the part number 50603 3000 1000 mean anything to anyone ? It's taken from the top of the piston on the coilovers I've removed from my group a rally car I'm currently in the process of restoring, the bodies of the coilovers has surface rust and i can't see any name on them, I've spoken to the original owner who assures me these where fitted new along with everything else when built but never covered any amount of stage miles, but being so long ago he doesn't remember the make unfortunately. Bit of a long shot I know but any help would be great !

2Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 7:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Sounds stupid but a picture of the body's can be a clue or if they have not been painted and colour can give some clues

Last edited by johnny gtir on 1st May 2017, 8:03 pm; edited 1 time in total

3Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 8:01 pm

Gavyjoe

U
Coilover part number Imagejpeg

4Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 8:04 pm

Gavyjoe

If I could find out the manufacturer I'd like to leave them away to get refurbished if possible, to keep everything original etc

5Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 8:12 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes so any existing paint colour on the bodies or anything we might recognise ?

6Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 8:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I cant see picture ?

7Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 8:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Can he post pictures with so little posts ? I just guessed first post was a typo before he replied mate

8Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 8:43 pm

Gavyjoe

Sorry, I thought i did send a picture ? Hopeless when it comes to these things, can anyone advise me on what to do lol ?

9Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 8:51 pm

Gavyjoe

Coilover part number Imagejpeg

10Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 1st May 2017, 9:31 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Coilover part number Image1

11Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 3rd May 2017, 8:41 pm

Gavyjoe

Can anyone help identify the coilover that nomad kindly posted for me ? I know there's not much to go by, it's just in the off chance someone has come across the likes of it before. They where fitted to the car in the mid nineties and I'm assured they where some of the best that money could buy for rallying in that era, if that narrows it down any lol

12Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 3rd May 2017, 8:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Big would definitely say rally bread. Ohlins maybe

13Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 3rd May 2017, 9:37 pm

Gavyjoe

Yea was thinking along the lines of ohlins, proflex etc, no way of identifying mine just unless someone can visually, which is a big ask given the condition. Anyone know what struts the nme cars used ?

14Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 3rd May 2017, 10:08 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

suspension macpherson strut with lower L wishbone, coil springs, telescopic gas shock absorbers and anti-roll-bar 21-28mm diameter. 1992+: 12-30mm diameter

15Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 3rd May 2017, 10:10 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats the nme strut data
.. looking through different coilovers cant seem to match the look does it look like the collar has been welded on?

16Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 3rd May 2017, 10:27 pm

Gavyjoe

Something tells me they possibly are, remember looking at spots of weld around the collars at some point, I'll get a look tomorrow and confirm, also putting pressure on the original owner to try and jog his memory lol, to no avail as of yet but

17Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 4th May 2017, 9:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

The only reason i say that as ive looked at all the different types of coilovers/ struts and the struts look very similar to oe and the collar seems shorter than the rest of the coilovers ive seen if that makes sense wich leads me to believe they have been made like a hybrid of oe strut and part of a coilover collar so a ring welded near the bottom of the strut for the collar to seat too ..

18Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 4th May 2017, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I would say the rod itself looks quite hefty compared to oe sure they are not they big in diamiter oe ...

19Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 6th May 2017, 11:42 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Would assume it custom strut bodies made up for gravel rallying looking at gauge of steel and with inverted shock inserts fitted, Do you have what looks like a possible locking ring collar at top of strut that holds insert in .
More close up pics from all angles inc bottom (does it have a nut on bottom) would be good. if can pull an insert it may reveal more clues .

20Coilover part number Empty Re: Coilover part number 6th May 2017, 5:56 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Coilover part number Image1_1

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum