Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How to measure gearbox Bearings?

+3
nomad
Stu
pulsarmad20
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty How to measure gearbox Bearings? 31st January 2017, 7:55 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

As title says I need to buy a gearbox bearing kit for my shitvic as me and Stu call it (civic em1 vti) basically there 2 kits the only thing that changes out of both kits is the diff bearings are different one kit being 18mm and other being 19.5mm and I just want to know how to measure this (what part of the bearing)  I think there 18 mm

Here's photos Stu in uploading them for me with my finger on the bearing I think it's the width of bearing personally

2How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 31st January 2017, 8:00 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Received_10154916976807432_zpsfz0totfl
How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Received_10154916977187432_zpsp1oegmqm

3How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 31st January 2017, 8:02 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Cheers Stu

4How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 31st January 2017, 8:45 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It wont be the outer diameter as that would be far bigger than 18mm

5How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 31st January 2017, 8:46 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Not unless its the depth ?

6How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 31st January 2017, 9:47 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

I haven't a clue nomad lol I reckon it's how I have placed my finger on first photo but just wanted to be sure as ordering it from UK and could do with out a F**k up lol

7How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 31st January 2017, 10:03 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Don't on bearings use 3digit numbers
Measure inside diameter,outside diamiter and thickness

8How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 1st February 2017, 1:22 pm

Gtirchris

Johnny is correct, if you look on the side of the bearing there will be an alpha numeric code as well as the makers mark e.g NTN or NSK, this is all you need to quote when ordering from a bearing supplier mate.

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

9How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 1st February 2017, 5:46 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I remember arguing with someone as I wanted a 370 deg bearing he was convinced there was no such thing as a circle was 360 I said it is the heat rating he looked at me like I was stupid

10How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 2nd February 2017, 7:49 am

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

All roller bearings have 3 key dimensions, bore diameter, outer diameter and overall width.
Hope this helps.

11How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 2nd February 2017, 10:16 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

it the width of the race (in this case width of inner race I think, 19.5mm bearing is NTN special made for honda)
If in doubt just google your diff NTN bearing numbers and you should find the answer as common info for honda lovers .

12How to measure gearbox Bearings?  Empty Re: How to measure gearbox Bearings? 2nd February 2017, 7:08 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Cheers Mr B

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum