Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ?

+4
Andy Sunny Gti
GTI-R US
mike74
Welling_AL
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 30th January 2017, 3:35 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Hey All,

It's that time of year again - just received my insurance quote. I'm reasonably happy with the figures - might try and work them down a touch BUT i wanted to ask you all what Agreed Valuation you have on your policies ?

We discuss all the time how the R is going up in value so thought i'd see what the average was on here before contacting my broker.

I currently have an agreed value of £5000 but figured this should be increased. Of course this will add a bit to my premium so wanted to get a fair but accurate figure first.

Cheers all - AL.

2Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 1st February 2017, 11:20 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

OK - so no-one wants to share this info - fair enough.

Maybe i can re-word my question.......

What value would you put on a well maintained - lightly modified R with good history/paperwork ?

I know there are lots of variables to take into consideration so lets say good body work and sound engine etc

I looked on-line and found hardly anything to compare wrt current selling prices so just wanted an idea from members regarding their valuation estimates (in general would be fine)

AL.

3Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 1st February 2017, 12:16 pm

mike74

mike74

I guess the real question is that if your R was removed from the equation, how much would you be looking to spend to replace it, like for like (as far as practical). Good ones seem to be going for ~£6k+ IF you can find one. Ones with usual wear n tear but generally sound are £4-5 ish. Then there's the DCY one on the bay for between £9 and 11 depending on which month it is.
If yours has a good engine + box, is solid with good bodywork I would stick my neck out and say £6500, and that should do it for the next year or two. As you say there's nothing much out there to compare it to just now!  Smile

4Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 1st February 2017, 12:19 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

i would say estimated value (based on a stock car in good condition) would be around 12k Al Wink
for insurance purposes
So lightly modded but good examples I would say anything from 8k upwards as prices will rise again this year so you need to take that into consideration too

Why not play on the safe side and say 9.5k (better to over price rather than under price her) keep the figure under 10k and shouldnt really make much difference to your renewal

http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

5Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 1st February 2017, 1:10 pm

Andy Sunny Gti

Andy Sunny Gti

If you were to sell your car Al, what would you want?
In my head £6500 seems realistic and reasonable.
If you say 8-12k your insurance premium would obviously go up just as much to reflect this.

6Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 3rd February 2017, 1:53 am

Ryaneg6freak

Ryaneg6freak

Welling_AL wrote:Hey All,

It's that time of year again - just received my insurance quote. I'm reasonably happy with the figures - might try and work them down a touch BUT i wanted to ask you all what Agreed Valuation you have on your policies ?

We discuss all the time how the R is going up in value so thought i'd see what the average was on here before contacting my broker.

I currently have an agreed value of £5000 but figured this should be increased. Of course this will add a bit to my premium so wanted to get a fair but accurate figure first.

Cheers all - AL.

Here in the US, I just got a policy with an agreed value of $15,000 USD. I pay $244 a year for full coverage. I couldn't replace mine for less than that considering what I've got done to it

7Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 8th February 2017, 3:44 pm

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Thanks for the replies all - as way of an update....
I contacted my local broker - turns out my existing policy is with Footman James - as some of you have reported they no longer offer polices for the Pulsar - well strangely they seemed content to offer me another years cover as an existing customer (new customers they wont cover)

I explained my request/reasons for upping my agreed valuation and taking the feedback in the replies i got i went for a modest £7.5k valuation.
Pending the usual photo requirements they have agreed this rise and it only cost an extra £40
So all in fully comp cover - mods declared - breakdown cover - European use for a total of £300

For those on the hunt for insurance soon - i was put onto a place called A-Plan https://www.aplan.co.uk/motoring/grey-import-insurance
They spent a good amount of time going over all my options and once taking all my details found a policy that was literally bang on the same price / excess / breakdown cover etc etc with a place called KMG
So if your looking for a quote defo give these guys a call !

Secondly - i tried to get a club discount with Footman James but to apply a £25 discount they needed a membership number - we don't have this here do we ? (I've never been aware of one) ?

Lastly - WHO GAVE ME A NEGATIVE REP POINT FOR MY ORIGINAL POST ??
Not particularly offensive in my books - bit harsh !! Thought that was for abusive or bum info ?

Anywho - thanks guys - hope this info helps.

AL.

8Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 8th February 2017, 5:50 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

It will be same old mate if your right handed and use a I phone it's so easy to knock it

Put a positive on for to cancel it

9Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 8th February 2017, 11:01 pm

ADSgtir

Ive just renewed insurance with Footman James ,and it seems again renewal no problem but new policies not available ,agreed value ,europe etc with a 5000 mile limit per year ..250 quid
I got a club discount as I am a Jaguar Enthusiast club member , from decades ago when I had loads of Jags .
So it does not need to be a pulsar club membership to insure a pulsar with a discount , work that out ??

10Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 8th February 2017, 11:33 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

Welling_AL wrote:
Secondly - i tried to get a club discount with Footman James but to apply a £25 discount they needed a membership number - we don't have this here do we ? (I've never been aware of one) ?
Ask Bob about stuff like that he wasn't happy about letting Adrian Flux here

https://bbmgarage.co.uk/

11Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 9th February 2017, 9:29 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

johnny gtir wrote:It will be same old mate if your right handed and use a I phone it's so easy to knock it

Put a positive on for to cancel it

You're a good man Johnny thumbsup

12Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 9th February 2017, 9:33 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

ADSgtir wrote:Ive just renewed insurance with Footman James ,and it seems again renewal no problem but new policies not available ,agreed value ,europe etc with a 5000 mile limit per year ..250 quid
I got a club discount as I am a Jaguar Enthusiast club member , from decades ago when I had loads of Jags .
So it does not need to be a pulsar club membership to insure a pulsar with a discount , work that out ??

That's a great price you got there. They do offer a good package for existing customers. That is very strange applying a discount for a Nissan Pulsar under a Jag Club membership but hey - a discount is a discount - happy days !!

13Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? Empty Re: Agreed Value for Insurance Policy ? 9th February 2017, 9:37 am

Welling_AL

Welling_AL

Gostek wrote:
Welling_AL wrote:
Ask Bob about stuff like that he wasn't happy about letting Adrian Flux here

I guess if issuing membership numbers creates unwanted activity from such firms i can understand ! Might be worth looking into if the politics aren't to difficult - if to much hassle it seems you can apply other club membership numbers R.E. ADSgtir's post so may be an alternative for next year

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum