Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Front Wing Stay bracket

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Front Wing Stay bracket Empty Front Wing Stay bracket 30th September 2016, 3:43 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Hi,

Had a spare 5 minutes today on the car, not done anything for months Sad

Finally geting round to all the fiddly jobs, little brackets and clips etc. Theres a stay bracket on both wings, but for the life of me i cant figure out where they mount to on the inner wing. Has anybody got a picture of the brackets fitted?

Gaz

2Front Wing Stay bracket Empty Re: Front Wing Stay bracket 30th September 2016, 5:33 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I cant even think what bracket you mean .... there is a bracket that goes across near the end of the bumper closest to the wheel is that the one you mean ???

3Front Wing Stay bracket Empty Re: Front Wing Stay bracket 30th September 2016, 8:27 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

The two twisted bits of metal near front of wings mate bolts near front of arch trim but on inside where the flat bit of wing is with 10mm short bolt and other side has the bot of plastic with bolt or screw so it fits into Chasis

4Front Wing Stay bracket Empty Re: Front Wing Stay bracket 1st October 2016, 8:43 am

burrows1980

burrows1980

Front Wing Stay bracket 2096CF3D-10B8-438B-A69D-767102860CF0_zps0zsul08o

Should of uploaded that Laughing

Cheers Johnny, got the bracket attached on the wing but it's the other end I'm struggling with. I plated the inner wing where I hacked holes in for the fmic pipework, but didn't put the square hole back in for the plastic thingy me bob to go in, oops!

Front Wing Stay bracket IMG_6820_zps2a43063e

Looks like I've still got the drivers side square hole! Is that the fixing point you mean Johnny?

Front Wing Stay bracket IMG_6815_zps14b7ac9f

5Front Wing Stay bracket Empty Re: Front Wing Stay bracket 1st October 2016, 9:02 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

That the hole,
I would probably think about using rivet type captive nut fittings for small bolt copper slipped so future hassle free .
If you got got good plastic plugs could use them but wouldn't source new out of choice .

6Front Wing Stay bracket Empty Re: Front Wing Stay bracket 1st October 2016, 9:06 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

nice repair work, wish I would do this stuff as good as you mate Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum