Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ahhhh may

+3
Stu
pulsarmad20
PartyPete
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Ahhhh may Empty Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 10:59 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Ahhhh may 53B62EF5-0825-4267-924C-2477A8D3DD5E_zpstkkwhlya

Ahhh may....best month of the year I'd say Very Happy

2Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 11:14 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

umm i wonder why ???? is that because its your car lol

3Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 11:46 am

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

It's just a good month tongue

4Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 3:23 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Lol mine is a distant memory Laughing

5Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 5:19 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Every month is a good monyh lol .
nothing french & nothing german - ahh bliss ....

6Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 8:11 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Mr B wrote:Every month is a good monyh lol .

im liking your sense of humour here ^^ haha Very Happy having said that its a gtir so i feel the need for this smiley lol cant fix it

7Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 8:26 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Its a good looking month Laughing

8Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 9:17 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

pulsarmad20 wrote:
Mr B wrote:Every month is a good monyh lol .

im liking your sense of humour here ^^ haha Very Happy having said that its a gtir so i feel the need for this smiley lol cant fix it

haha
nothing against the french I just don't like their cars lol ...

9Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 9:44 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I dont know mr b ..... there has been a couple of iconic french cars pug 205 gti renault 5gtt to name a couple ... not saying the build qaulity wasnt shite though ... Laughing

10Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 1st May 2016, 10:50 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

never liked the 205 or Renault 5 lol
Quite like some very early Citroens for innovative engineering .
Quite liked the look of the 206 wrc & a 4wd road version would of been ok .
her indoors got a 206 2.0hdi (right cock for parts as hardly any here as dealers closed as no one here wanted the junk :-S )
it early version 2000(90) which slightly better engineering & build .
fuel economy & zesty torque is good but what a cock to work on . ecu at front of engine bay & wiring harness for it is awful in terns of potential for damage & harness clips & route that would give even mr hawkings a headache to unclip/dismantle, rear bearing swing axle is junk engineering too & front suspension arms are an old rover/ford idea which even they binned a decade ago :-S
Give me a pulsar any day, more reliable, parts are easy & they more pleasant work on :-D
I'm going to go hug my pulsar as all this franch car talk is getting me all disconcerted loopy loopy

11Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 2nd May 2016, 6:25 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

206 I had a 52 plate 2.0 hdi rear wiper used to be automatic if it was raining and you put it in reverse started turning on them self on as fronts were rain sensitive so got faster. Started turning lights on during day instead of just night time. It was the stalk but you could not buy just that had to buy full computer. £700 new

Parts brake pads for 2000-2002 or 2004 was 7 different sets ( crazy)

12Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 2nd May 2016, 11:22 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^
Yeh I'm lucky mine early model & has none of that fancy junk that ruined the car.
2001-2002 on are total junk, crappy fly by wire, whacky wipers, BCU which coded to all modules, habit of the firmware/memory going corrupt under low battery (BCU low batt power mode) & jump start conditions which then needed firmware reflash.
You can buy stalks & modules separate but you need recode them to BCU so many sold recon kits of BCU & all modules pre coded so just plug&play .
I had a friend here with a 2002 307 station wagon (his wipers would randomly wipe even when parked & locked lol), looked nice but complete junk & even after throwing good money at it, problems never fully cured.
People hate french cars here, hardly anyone willing work on them & if do they charge more :-D
Early 90hp 2.0hdi without the BCU was way better engineered & built . I've never had an elec issue on my 206hdi & can only remember needing change 1 bulb.
drivers seat broke twice, the plastic fuel filter burst once but it been A1 besides that & fact I just detest putting a decent wrench to french engineering as it pains me too much lol.
Super rare see a French car on road here hence why misses likes it. Most others crushed/recycled to tin cans already :-D

13Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 2nd May 2016, 12:35 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

I've had 4 205 gtis and I'd have another tomorrow, a 1.6 2x 1.9s and one with a2.0gti 6 engine conversion! That was a seriously fast car, and thinking back I didn't have any trouble with any of them! I had the 1.6 for over a year, never did any maintanence on it and it never let me down! Great cars!

14Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 2nd May 2016, 2:25 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I keep cars for years, My main pulsar is close to 20 years. & not one breakdown or major issue.
My old mazda B6T is almost 25yrs & only last few years it had issues of sill corrosion & one arch.
I've had more issues on wifes 206 & family french cars in last 5 years than all family Jap cars in 20 years lol .
Some of the earlier french stuff was better but you can't judge a cars reliability based on 1yr or 2 of ownership. I am biased though as am a real hater of most European cars :-D wifes 206hdi been good but I still hate it lol ...

15Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 2nd May 2016, 5:14 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

When I look at it like that I've had more trouble with 2 pulsars than I have I have 4 205s! Guess it's just luck, however over 1 year of Evo ownership I had more trouble on that car than every Car I've ever owned, that thing was absolute and utter shit! 4 of my mates have all got Evo and every one of them has had major issues, most recent last weekend my mates Evo 2 bottom end went, only been built 5 minutes, I swear the engines on those are made of chocolate!

16Ahhhh may Empty Re: Ahhhh may 2nd May 2016, 7:52 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

i had an evo5 for few years, great looking car & great handling, brakes out the factory but yeh plenty problems once use it hard on track & dragged it a bit, I sold up as loved pulsars more & had way better tuning reliability/fun with them so replaced it with another jdm fresh pulsar import. works out cheaper having both cars same too :-)
Many people slate the pulsar but they are proper built & easy/cheap improve, whack on decent inverted struts, better bushings & handling chassis mods & better brakes & equal power to the evos & imprezas & they kick butt, nothing much puts power down like a Pulsar when on low lag turbos, Even bikers are amazed at the 0-100 speeds & your passengers can't breathe when you punch the throttle :-D
Had more expense on evo transmissions too lol ...
Never personally ever owner a french car or a ford lol, I prefer Nissan & Subaru or real old stuff from 60's or 70's .

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum