Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Your opinions on Motorbikes

+7
nomad
johnny gtir
Mr B
PartyPete
mc_hawkings24
johnboy
shroom
11 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 3:44 pm

shroom

shroom

Back in the day I used to do some motocross, I was never particularly good and came of a fair few times probably did it for about 5 years then packed it in. I have always wondered if I would have seriously injured myself if I had continued Laughing

Anyway back to road bikes I was watching Guy Martins episode were he races the F1 car around silverstone to see if it could beat the F1 car, now some of the speeds he was pulling was crazy and when the back side was squirming I was affraid just watching.

A bit more morbid but I cant help but think these bikes are death machines, I know 3 people now which are either paralysed or seriously injured through bikes, people have bad car crashes too! but not so often have I personally seen such an effect as with a biker.

I'm glad I have small balls and keep to cars Laughing what is it? I guess the more you put your life on the line the bigger the rush!

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

2Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 5:19 pm

johnboy

johnboy

I sometimes think it would be nice to have a bike when I'm stuck in a traffic jam, but I stopped riding them at 17 when I got my first car (actually borrowed my brothers) and never been on one since... Sad

3Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 5:48 pm

mc_hawkings24

Could've been a different story for me aswell. Had my mums honda 90 in the garage i could've used when i was 17 but never bothered and went straight to cars. I have been looking at bikes again and thinking about doing my licence and fancy something 90's like a vfr400 or ninja. Is abit dodgy on the roads as people just don't look. i was dropping my keys for my old car when it was at the painters in the morning and rode my racer there and people were just pulling out in the traffic and with spd's i'm locked in lol. Rode the path home but you can't on a motorbike, well you can but probably get arrested.

4Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 6:14 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

There awesome! And a totally different buzz to cars! I did fmx for nearly 5 years (still have the 10 foot high 17 foot long ramp) many trips to hospital, multiple concussions, compressed spine, broke both wrist 3 times amongst other injuries but I have no regrets, I have my full bike licence and had bikes on the road, the most recent a z1000, wheelie monster. There just an amazing thrill...yes you get bellends in cars that seem to want to kill you....you just have to keep your whits about you!

5Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 6:15 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I have a little wave 125 for nipping to shops etc but wouldn't go on busy roads with it, No1 i'm useless on a bike, No2 the paramedics are slow & useless, No3 car drivers & road conditions are all against you here & I don't want be lying in a gutter in the sun for hours in pain .
I get see at least one broken biker a week it that bad here .

6Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 7:00 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Love bikes as much as cars looking to get a road bike soon as I stop spending on the R. Plus I want a raptor 700. Got a pit bike 160cc

7Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 7:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Strange this post as i just finished rebuilding my boss's mv augusta today after he crashed it few months ago it broke the left hand side frame wich sits behind the tubular frame all bolted together the only thing i didnt have to strip off was the front forks ... all the rest rear wheel trailing arm engine fuel tank battery and box all fairings and lights ... but satisfaction of it all back together other than the fairings wich have replacements for but im spraying them in italian colours ..... i do love bikes but what a pain in the arse lol ....

8Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 7:48 pm

mreguest

mreguest

I was bmx/mountain bike crazy as a kid but once i passed my car test i realised how much of a prick cyclists can be (including myself) and how dangerous roads are, and I decided there and then that i'd never get a motorbike because i would kill myself. I was a bit of a dare devil and took a lot of risks doing stupid jumps breaking bikes snapping handlebars/pedals etc...

age of 27 i f'd up my knee (hiking) and couldn't drive for 10 weeks so i bought a 50cc scooter to get around. if you passed your driving test before 2002 (i think) your licence allows you to just buy a 50cc 30mph scooter, get tax/mot/insurance and off you go, silly rule really but very cheap and fairly safe, 35 mph flat out down hill, life in the bus lane, but if it could do 200mph i'd probably try it... i'm 34 now and still drive it like a granny, queuing up in traffic as it's not worth over taking and weaving around as everything passes you eventually... i struggle to keep up with some keen cyclists Sad

been in a few car crashes and survived... I'm a liability, proper motorbike + me = bad idea...

love the scooter in the good weather, shorts and a t-shirt on, feels like freedom but slow and safe! Smile

peugot vivacity 50cc, £350 second hand, plenty of storage with the back box and parts are crazy cheap, clutch kit is like £14, air filter £2 etc, haynes manual is about 20 pages and covers 5 bikes Smile

9Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 4th April 2016, 8:35 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I was thinking the same thing about a scooter simply for the fact of traffic to and from my boss 's house i only travel a couple of miles yet it can take me half hour ... so been looking for a dirt cheap scooter to come up and just use that on the nice days of course lol ...

10Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 5th April 2016, 3:13 pm

shroom

shroom

Mr B wrote:I have a little wave 125 for nipping to shops etc but wouldn't go on busy roads with it, No1 i'm useless on a bike, No2 the paramedics are slow & useless, No3 car drivers & road conditions are all against you here & I don't want be lying in a gutter in the sun for hours in pain .
I get see at least one broken biker a week it that bad here .

haha plus you cant get more than one hooker on the back so that wouldn't be much use for you Laughing

I have had a few friends who rent scooters or the like when we go on holiday to Spain etc it always end in disaster.

I was stationary in traffic and a lorry came in the right hand lane past me and its bloody back door was open!!! it hit by boot and smashed down the side of the car I shit myself. I reported to the police etc and when they came to get a statement I said wtf if I was on a bike that dick head would have killed me, they just said oh well you should be glad you were not!

11Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 5th April 2016, 4:59 pm

pulsarmoley

pulsarmoley

I started off with a 50cc when I was 16 as needed to get to work 11 miles away. Progressed to a geared 125 2stroke (I can still smell the sweet aroma of it) at 17, then just before I turned 18 got my car license and full bike license. Within 6 months of being in a car had a fairly bad car crash and used the payout to buy my gsxr600. I had that for about 6 years then sold it as never had time to ride. Ive only recently splashed out on a brand new Kawasaki but never have I ever been a fast rider, I just enjoy riding round the countryside as being on 2 wheels is just something you cant really explain...

Everybody needs a bosom for a pillow...

12Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 5th April 2016, 8:38 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

To have any bike on the road now you need to at least pass the CBT compulsive basic training clue is in the title, it to stop people just buying a 50 and setting off on the road with no clue. I've got 4 big bike and never had a problem touch wood, you just have to think for everyone else and accept they all want to kill you but the thrill and speed is unbelievable. For a grand you can leave almost anything for dead

13Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 5th April 2016, 8:56 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Trouble is Tom..........you have spent far too long now riding sheep bare back to appreciate getting your legs wrapped round a steel stallion Laughing

As most may know ive had lots of bikes over the years
done some mad road driving at silly speeds
mad trips to the ring in Germany
Many many track days all over uk and Europe
Ended up doing trackday instructing for Focused Events
Then jacked it all in 10 years ago as thought I was getting too old & fat plus the loss of a few close mates along the way helped me make my decision to hang up the boots & leathers, but hey weve all gotta die someday right Laughing

So!

10 years on
Got this little baby ready to race this year, just need to fit power commander & map her then shes ready to go have some fun  bounce015

Your opinions on Motorbikes 1f72cb10

Sorry lads but there is not a car on the planet that will give you the sheer excitement a bike can give when your blasting round a race circuit with your knees and elbows scraping off the tarmac......just insane madness but get it right and the best buzz ever

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

14Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 5th April 2016, 10:12 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Really i dont think you do for a moped .....

Car driving test passed before 1 February 2001

You don’t need to take compulsory basic training (CBT) to ride a moped if you passed your car driving test before 1 February 2001. You’ll still need to complete CBT to ride a motorbike, however

15Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 5th April 2016, 10:15 pm

shroom

shroom

Haha well you might be right there Bob. They dont put up much of a fight these days so im getting a bit lazy myself.

My little pink yamaha pw50 was scary enough and I couldnt get it leant over enough to get my knees down before the foot pedal dug into the dirty and threw me off.

I must have too much self presivation going on, what would all the sheep do if I wasnt around?!

16Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 5th April 2016, 10:15 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Car driving test passed on or after 1 February 2001

You need to take CBT to ride a moped if you passed your car driving test on or after 1 February 2001.

However, you won’t need to take further theory and practical tests or take CBT again

17Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 5th April 2016, 10:18 pm

shroom

shroom

nomad wrote:Really i dont think you do for a moped .....

Car driving test passed before 1 February 2001

You don’t need to take compulsory basic training (CBT) to ride a moped if you passed your car driving test before 1 February 2001. You’ll still need to complete CBT to ride a motorbike, however

I have AM catagory on my driving licence and I passed in 2008 lol so young. Would I still need to do it as it doesnt state that

Mopeds
Category AM

You can drive 2-wheeled or 3-wheeled vehicles with a maximum design speed of over 25km/h (15.5mph) but not more than 45km/h (28mph).

This category also includes light quad bikes with:

unladen mass of not more than 350kg (not including batteries if it’s an electric vehicle)
maximum design speed of over 25km/h (15.5mph) but not more than 45km/h (28mph)

18Your opinions on Motorbikes Empty Re: Your opinions on Motorbikes 6th April 2016, 7:13 am

johnboy

johnboy

How things have changed.
When I passed my test I turned up on my brothers 250 BSA, drove it round the block a couple of times while the examiner stood and watched. He told me I'd passed and that meant I could go and drive any bike I liked!! Think I still can, but unlikely to happen.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum