Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

anyone using a apexi safc 2

+2
shroom
luke s
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty anyone using a apexi safc 2 28th January 2016, 8:59 pm

luke s

Is anyone running one of these, what do you think of it? Easy to set up?

2anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 28th January 2016, 9:05 pm

shroom

shroom

Old school, I have one will be getting it setup. Greg protuner set mine up years ago before he setup protuner had a 3071r 700cc injectors front exit exhaust and z32 and on 1.3 bar the car was fucking insane. Only lasted about an hour and blew up though lol was turbo failure as previous owner had shot blasted the rocker cover and on engine inspection it was all in the baffles. Teach me for trying to overboost a stock engine but that was years ago!

Anyway I know that spark plug spike has an even older version with knobs (that he likes touching) and got over 320bhp on his own mapping with a wideband.

Its not really proper tuning its just fooling the ecu but for a cheap option for some small sweaks etc its ok I guess and can cost 100 quid

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

3anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 28th January 2016, 9:11 pm

wrc

wrc

Listen to the advice you've already been given mate, because it reins true.

The long and short is in reality they are old hat now but are still useful if you don't want to go the full ecu route etc.

They need setting up on rollers as does anything similar to this but I'm sure you already know that.

4anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 28th January 2016, 9:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Handy for monitoring a few things aswell

5anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 28th January 2016, 9:24 pm

shroom

shroom

johnny gtir wrote:Handy for monitoring a few things aswell

Yeah goes well if you have the boost controller too can use it to monitor bits think voltage rpm etc?

'Shit' think I need to sell my Sunny!

But woman cant replace a sheep
Oh I wish that for the peace!
But I really cant find my honey
The only one I would give my money
Is one with a great big fleece
And then I would be at peace...

6anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 28th January 2016, 9:26 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yes and sensor voltages

7anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 28th January 2016, 9:46 pm

luke s

I'm running a profec b 2 ebc and a wideband, if I get one yes Il most likely put it on the rollers to test/setup, I was speaking to stu he thinks there is a self learn on it too, thought if I'm using my wideband might get the safc to make sure fuelings safe too if I'm going to run a little more boost

Last edited by luke s on 28th January 2016, 9:54 pm; edited 1 time in total

8anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 28th January 2016, 9:52 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

This link I gave you gives a good account of what to do Smile
http://www.ehow.com/how_10037886_tune-apexi-safc2.html

9anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 29th January 2016, 8:22 am

Kate&tim

Kate&tim

Our old R had one when we got it , and to be fair it was set up really well and was great on a forged / big turbo .
We did swap over to Nistune ecu as that was a better way of doing it . After a few tuned cars I would always favor a good ecu and custom map but that can get expensive !

10anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 29th January 2016, 9:09 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Kate&tim wrote:Our old R had one when we got it , and to be fair it was set up really well and was great on a forged / big turbo .
We did swap over to Nistune ecu as that was a better way of doing it . After a few tuned cars I would always favor a good ecu and custom map but that can get expensive !
Did you go for the nistune because you wanted to raise the power of your gtir tho?
Or just to run the same power you had with the safc?
If you couldn't go any further with the safc I can see the reason to swap it for a nistune.
The safc is perfectly fine for a car that's only going to be putting out what you can achieve with one installed.
I really don't get it when someone has a nistune installed and then only has it mapped for just over 300hp.
To me that's an excessive price for something easily achievable with a afc that costs massively less..

11anyone using a apexi safc 2 Empty Re: anyone using a apexi safc 2 29th January 2016, 9:47 am

Kate&tim

Kate&tim

We were going for more power at the time , we were swapping to a f150 maf as the z32 was going to possibly be near its limit . The Nistune seemed the cheaper option than a full autronics system at the time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum