Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Anyone running a GTX range Garrett?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? Empty Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? 15th January 2016, 5:16 pm

ckd281081

I'm considering going down the GTX road for my turbo choice, but the figures quoted by Garrett seem awful high (640bhp or so from a 3076r and 560bhp from a 3071r). Is anyone running anything from the GTX range?

Cheers

2Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? Empty Re: Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? 18th January 2016, 6:40 am

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I've use gtx 2867 & 2871 . nice spec turbos & simple fitment plus prices can be reasonable on these new. Had good results with them but top rated hp not really achievable for most sr20 builds. When running bigger power & using custom manifolds plenty of other options are available, 30 & 35 hta range is good well used options too .

3Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? Empty Re: Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? 6th February 2016, 12:51 pm

ADSgtir

I'm using a 2871 GTX however it's a variant on the stock GTX turbo , seems to be a mighty fine unit , made 337 bhp @1 bar in preliminary mapping , it has also been done to hold and run high boost at higher rpms .
I have not tried on the road yet but reports so far indicate it's works very well , the car is with Bob so he could say how it is on the road , I have not seen anyone else using this unit but it looks good so far

4Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? Empty Re: Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? 6th February 2016, 4:39 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What about price ?????

5Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? Empty Re: Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? 6th February 2016, 7:23 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ADSgtir wrote:I'm using a 2871 GTX however it's a variant on the stock GTX turbo , seems to be a mighty fine unit , made 337 bhp @1 bar in preliminary mapping , it has also been done to hold and run high boost at higher rpms .
I have not tried on the road yet but reports so far indicate it's works very well , the car is with Bob so he could say how it is on the road , I have not seen anyone else using this unit but it looks good so far

Was just about to post a reply regarding your turbo Allen but you beat me to it lol.
Btw welcome to our forum welcome

As said i have just mapped the car at a very safe level after carrying out engine swap and other modifications so will up the boost at a later date.
Our resident mapper 'Terry Dolphin' checked the map I did and said it was pretty much spot on with scope for more power at the given 1bar by adding a bit more ignition it could have seen high 340s with good torque also (im just playing on safe side for time being). So quite a compliment from the legendary Mr Dolphin who's teaching me more every time he is here and really getting the knack of this mapping now but still lots to learn.

Took car on a test drive yesterday and must say im very impressed. ive driven many cars with 2871r tubby's over the years' but this thing pulls so hard and comes on boost early with next to no lag. I capped rev limit to 7200 for time being until other small issues are resolved but when it comes back for the final big power map Im intrigued to see what this car will make at 2 bar boost as I have no idea but the results so far are very promising and AET who custom spec'd this turbo are not giving any figures but I reckon it will knock the gt2871r into tomorrow with its overall power and the speed it spools too
spec:
Aet's own custom turbo(modified from 2871r)
z32 maf, 800cc injectors, fmic, quaife g'box (water/meth injection to be added), mapped on Apexi power fc
previously mapped by last uuum! well known tuner at same 1bar boost (same turbo) car made just over 300bhp at SRR prior to engine saying night nights after severe borewash.
I did 1 run on our dyno with the same map prior to wiping it and starting afresh, she made 306.8bhp but was severerly overfuelling which was very apparent as ex fumes were eye watering

So in answer to your question Colin deffo worth a word with Aet regarding their custom gtx spec tubbys Wink

Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? 00219

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

6Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? Empty Re: Anyone running a GTX range Garrett? 6th February 2016, 11:00 pm

ADSgtir

From what AET have told me the unit has their own compressor , its based on the GTX and is a billet compressor , the turbine wheel is modified and has been clipped , how much and what angle ,only they would know .
the clipping is done to remove some of the blade and reduce restriction at higher rpms , this allows the engine to pick up faster at high rpms and to keep the flow high at the high rpms ,so the turbo keeps flowing at the top end and holds boost ,
cost wise is similar to the GTX 2871r .
Its another option thrown into the mix for pulsar owners , and I will see what I can get out of it .....

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum