Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Abs rings

+2
nomad
Bones
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Abs rings Empty Abs rings 6th January 2016, 7:41 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

I've got 2 new abs rings for the front but it's not something I've ever changed. Has anyone done it and how difficult is it?

2Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 6th January 2016, 11:32 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Ive not done a r .... but done 2 different cars one was that fooked it fell off the other was a different story in the end i took the joint off and put it in the vice .... to smack it off .... then clean it up with a wire brush and sandpaper get it really clean then bit of araldite or similar and tap it on job done ... like i say im unsure if that will be the method on the r as havent done one ...

3Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 6th January 2016, 11:42 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Was the other rings stuffed or something?

4Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 7th January 2016, 12:04 am

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

You can try to heat it up before fitting with blowtorch or blow gun

5Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 7th January 2016, 4:20 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I always thought they were more or less permanently attached to the cv joint.

6Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 7th January 2016, 6:05 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

No you can buy new ones for about £2.50 off eBay. I got 2 new ones as my abs was kicking in but only at very low speeds which usually means a slight floor in one of the rings. I was thinking heat them up to swap them but thought maybe someone may have done them before

7Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 7th January 2016, 6:59 pm

wrc

wrc

I would get real up close to them and inspect them as if the abs module detects an abnormal signal I. E. From a damaged abs collar then it would bring the light on more or less straight away when you drive off.

8Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 7th January 2016, 7:31 pm

Gostek

Gostek
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

wrc wrote:I would get real up close to them and inspect them as if the abs module detects an abnormal signal I. E. From a damaged abs collar then it would bring the light on more or less straight away when you drive off.
Not always true. If gap between ring and sensor get bigger it won't bring light on but abs will kick in as you're coming to stop because it thinks that this wheel has locked. Sometimes same stuff happens when you've got crack in abs ring.

9Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 7th January 2016, 8:47 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Most cars it's heat them up up and fit

10Abs rings Empty Re: Abs rings 9th January 2016, 5:01 pm

Bones

Bones
the two star club
the two star club

Ye I was thinking crack in abs ring

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]