Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

my new ride :-)

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1my new ride :-) Empty my new ride :-) 21st July 2012, 2:30 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

my new ride :-) 20072012041

Laughing

Bet you was expecting to see a jap motor wasn't you Laughing

I was scouring ebay for a bmx for my son, came accross this at a decent price so bought it.

Picked it up yesterday and when I got there, the guy had other bikes for sale, so I bought another modern bmx for my son, a mountain bike for my other son and I got this one for me to restore lol

Not sure of the make, but the model is a marlboro. 1981 bmx
Its a low end value bmx, the parts on it arnt anything like the ones I had on my mongooses, ralliegh burners etc back in the 80s.

I. Stripped it down within 30 minutes of getting it home lol
my new ride :-) 20072012042
I'm going to source some decent brakes, crank, stem, handlebars, seat and seat pole and wheels...
Make it custom rather than a restore Smile

Today I spent 3 hours stripping the paint off, its 90% stripped Smile
my new ride :-) 20072012045-1

I've orderd a few new parts, just gotta sell some more gtir shit to afford the rest of the parts I need lol

What ya think Laughing

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

2my new ride :-) Empty Re: my new ride :-) 21st July 2012, 7:49 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

What happend to buying something complete that you could just enjoy. .....eh eh eh Razz the only thing missing is an engine stu lmao

3my new ride :-) Empty Re: my new ride :-) 21st July 2012, 11:35 pm

godzilr

godzilr

old school BMX's are just as expensive as bloody GTiRs.

i built a replica Mongoose Supergoose off the move BMX Bandits. i sold the lot for 2k aussie (1300GBP)

kelvin

4my new ride :-) Empty Re: my new ride :-) 22nd July 2012, 8:03 am

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

I'm the engine lieghton lol

Yeah the price of old skool mongoose parts are through the roof! Just for a frame you are looking at £150+ depending on the model.
I'm just doing a cheap restore on this one, then want to do a mongoose resto or a raliegh burner.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum