Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Rear window outer trim clips

+2
nomad
gtir_woody
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Rear window outer trim clips Empty Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 3:56 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So I'm hoping Nissan still sells the clips for the outer trim around the rear windows. Most of mine broke when I was removing the trim Sad

2Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 9:22 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So done some more searching on this, so the trim I removed is #6, #7, #16, #18

Rear window outer trim clips Image

Now apprently you can't buy the clips separately from Nissan What a Face you need to buy the whole trim. So think about that before you remove it. I'll be finding out a price in the next week, so if I'm no longer on the forum I've been murdered by Nissan.

3Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 9:53 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats a shit woody as when i removed mine off my spare shell i snapped pretty much everyone of them as i wanted spares but now im not so confident on removing on my other ones especially if they cost a fortune .....

4Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 10:04 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah I know I didn't even think about it much when I took it off. I need to go look if there is a difference in the clips between the upper trim and lower trim. I did a quick search on amayama trading and the uppers are $85.49aus each and the lower trim is $129.01 but they aren't listing a left hand side (that's the one I need).

5Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 10:06 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

I'm never going to pull another thing off the car without looking into it first Laughing :chop

6Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 10:31 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

I had same issue on my maxda 4x4 turbo, took all trims off for full respray & few clip broke or would hold loose if reused.
clips only come with trim & it was shockingly expensive, my only luck was almost all clips same & I only really need 3 strips which were tatty & that gave me enough new clips for all the trims.
You could try salvage some from breakers perhaps. PU40-black can be helpful holding trim on & if used thoughtfully still easily removed again & not messy

7Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 10:41 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

So annoying, I was thinking I could get away with using some sikaflex or similar for the time being. I'm so surprised you can't buy the clips separately. Maybe bob might have a few laying around, better than using none at all.

8Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 10:47 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

I tried prying them but everyone would snap before it gave up the ghost .....

9Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 10:47 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Il check for you woody, I'm pretty sure I have a couple of these trims in stock in good order and if so il post them out with your bolts your after(or just the clips) if I have them from slightly damaged trims.

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

10Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 22nd November 2015, 11:03 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Mate that would be unreal, I've only removed the passenger side ones, I'll check what the condition my trim is in. Just let me know what you have and we'll go from there. Thanks heaps

11Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 23rd November 2015, 8:18 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Just for reference the lower trim is easier to remove and doesn't use the same clips as the upper trim. In my case I didn't break anything. I believe Nissan still sells the both upper and lower trim grommets that sit into the body of the car but yet to confirm this.

As for the upper trim these are the bastard clips that will break and you will be forced to swear and wish you never removed them Laughing

12Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 23rd November 2015, 8:30 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Yeah I'll agree them clips are a twat! I ended up geting 4 sets of them trims from bob and scrappies just to get enough clips Laughing put the trim back on last week and put the wrong one on that was bent Laughing Laughing unreal! sod it its staying on now!

13Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 23rd November 2015, 8:38 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Yeah the grommets are available as well!

14Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 23rd November 2015, 9:04 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Man I would be fuming if I accidentally put the wrong one back on Laughing

15Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 23rd November 2015, 9:08 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Lower grommet - 7684850C00
Upper grommet - 8481450C00

16Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 23rd November 2015, 9:10 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

I laughed when I stood back to admire the car coming back together then noticed the buckled trim Laughing

17Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 3rd December 2016, 7:30 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Ended up buying the trim from Nissan, makes me excited seeing fresh parts, wish there were more parts available from Nissan these days.

If anyone ever needs some clips to replace theirs, Ill have some spare Smile

Rear window outer trim clips IMG_3364

Rear window outer trim clips IMG_3363

18Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 3rd December 2016, 7:34 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Yea me to would love the rubber/plastic that goes onto the windscreen

19Rear window outer trim clips Empty Re: Rear window outer trim clips 3rd December 2016, 8:05 am

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

That's true mate, I'm thankful there are at least some things still available Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum