Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Where And wat clutch to buy??

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Where And wat clutch to buy?? 17th November 2015, 8:27 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

After a shit morning the car Has once again decided to play up appears to be the clutch Will look when ever i collect the car from the side of the road tbh id rather it get nicked but heyho.

Anyway where to look for a clutch kit ? And somthing pretty decent

Thanks sam

2Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Re: Where And wat clutch to buy?? 17th November 2015, 10:04 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Bob got nothing in. What did it do start slipping

3Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Re: Where And wat clutch to buy?? 17th November 2015, 11:19 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

ive got some good clutches here Sam, buy them new and you'll pay around £500 so will save you a fair amount of wedge
what power / torque is/will she be running, and out of curiosity was that turbo I sent you good or not and is that the one fitted now?
if so will make around 400bhp at a guess once mapped

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

4Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Re: Where And wat clutch to buy?? 17th November 2015, 11:29 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Havent got a clue wat has happend somthing is nakerd ive Left the car in the ditch And got a lift to Work ! Just all of a sudden no gears And stopped turned it off put it in gear with clutch pédal And the car tries to go fowards when i start so something is nakerd ! No car is still standard the aftermarket parts are at home / in the boot . Ive got a really heavy one in it at the mo And i think thats the problèm the cluch forks can't handle it even welded up and reinforced .... Any way I'm pulling it apart again this weekend to see wats a mater but I'm changing the clutch no matter wat

5Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Re: Where And wat clutch to buy?? 17th November 2015, 11:34 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Deffo sounds like the clutch, I would say the centre plates busted up or spring has snapped in the drive plate.
is it making a load of noise when you put your foot on the clutch and does the clutch pedal feel normal or graunchy?

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

6Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Re: Where And wat clutch to buy?? 17th November 2015, 11:39 am

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

Pédal feels normal yea there's a bit of noise but I always put that down to gearbox bearing but apparently it's not that or e even if it is that it's defo not that that has gone wrong this morning wat clutches have you got are they full kits ? Obviously second hand but as long as it has everything oh and I will take another clutch fork to.

7Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Re: Where And wat clutch to buy?? 17th November 2015, 11:56 am

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

if im correct and either the spring in driveplate has broke or the friction plate has broke it will then cause the fingers on the pressure plate to bend so when you apply the clutch pedal the release bearing will be under a lot of stress as it will be pushing unevenly on one part of the pressure plate which in turn will put the clutch fork under extreme pressure on one side so even if it looks ok when removed I would change it anyway as could be weakened on one side of the fork

Il have a look to see what clutches I have which will be suitable but yes will be a 3 part clutch

What clutch was fitted in there, and did you fit the big spacer plate behind the flywheel?

Services provided

Race & Suspension setup
Full workshop facilities

8Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Re: Where And wat clutch to buy?? 17th November 2015, 12:01 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

It's a exedy paddle organic thing but now / was running a stage 1 disc instead of the triangular disc and yes spacer was put on

9Where And wat clutch to buy?? Empty Re: Where And wat clutch to buy?? 18th November 2015, 8:50 pm

pulsarmad20

pulsarmad20

anyone heard of the brand spec? as ive got my eye on a spec stage 2 clutch kit as i can pay it off over 4 months Smile any info or is any one using one that could give me any info on them ?

thanks

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum