Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

driving to rome on tuesday

+8
PartyPete
nomad
GTIRSI
gtir_woody
ben15476
Stu
johnny gtir
ROB_IOW
12 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1driving to rome on tuesday  Empty driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 6:28 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Last year  i promised  a friend id drive his car for him when he moves to italy..

Well he's flying out tomorrow and he's meeting the furniture on Monday at his new house about 25 miles south of Rome ..
And on tuesday  I begin the biggest single journey I will have ever made 1400 miles I'm planning on doing it in 2 days . Hopefully .
Over night in strasborg  on tuesday  night then 12 hours drive on Wednesday

I get a couple of days in the sun before flying back on Sunday. .

Last edited by ROB_IOW on 7th November 2015, 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total

2driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 6:33 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What motor is it rob?

3driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 6:47 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

700 miles a day? You crazy man lol

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

4driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 7:30 pm

ben15476

ben15476

You should split that journey up a bit more mate.

I drove to Bosnia about a year ago and it all takes longer than you think.

Good luck though, love a good road trip...

5driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 8:35 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Road trip is always good fun Smile that's a lot of k's!

6driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 8:39 pm

GTIRSI

GTIRSI
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

That's some drive mate!!! I thought 1200 miles to the north of Scotland and back was a long way lol but I did stay for the weekend. Never had motion sickness from driving before!!! amazing roads up there though...

Have a safe journey mate & let us know how the drive went when you get back.

7driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 8:50 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Thats a long way trying to keep your eyes open .... good luck with that .....

8driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 9:15 pm

shroom

shroom

Yeah I can find it hard driving 200 miles couldnt imagine that amount!! Good luck im sure you will enjoy it

9driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 9:50 pm

PartyPete

PartyPete
the one star club
the one star club

Longest I've done in one go was 550, that was more than enough! Like Johnny said, what car is it?

10driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 10:41 pm

splmum

splmum

That's one hell of a road trip. 1400 miles in 2 days might just be pushing it.

You would probably be better off doing 500, 500 and 400.

You will feel a hell of a lot better at the end to enjoy a couple of days in the sun.

11driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 6th November 2015, 11:51 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

It's a 318 touring ..
I have 3 hrs traveling on uk soil then 6 hrs to strasborg on day one
Day 2
Strasborg to konstanz is 2hrs 30 where we are collecting a set of winter wheels then on to there house in Italy
This is the killer 8hrs 45 solid driving nav says 580 miles

I'm just processing this now I might struggle in 2 days but god loves a tryer

12driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 7th November 2015, 7:15 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Safe trip mate your not stupid but if it gets really bad stop rather get there late but in one piece. Sure Indy not long ago done a huge drive remember him telling me

Done some big journeys myself get tired then get past that stage but u feel ok but can be dangerous but half hour pull over shut eyes rest can really help

13driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 7th November 2015, 10:09 am

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

I know my limits . If I Get tired I will stop .
Don't fancy not making it home

14driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 7th November 2015, 11:09 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

all good fun, I did Madrid 2 years ago 1050 miles in one day, 2 cans of bull spunk.... I mean red bull, then drove back a day later, all for 90 mins of football. done Munich in one day as well and got Wolfsburg next month

15driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 7th November 2015, 11:21 pm

shroom

shroom

Yeah but your scared of a mouse cus your the Gruffalo!

16driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 7th November 2015, 11:32 pm

hreggtir

hreggtir
Events Organiser
Events Organiser

you're in no position to mock with those high heels on ner ner Laughing

17driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 7th November 2015, 11:44 pm

700 miles isnt too bad ive been in a few 24 hour train an bus journeys
was also driven by taxi by a 12 year old in india about 150 or so miles he had too use two cushions to see out the window

18driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 8th November 2015, 12:56 am

Indy

I do 1300 miles in 19 hours non stop every year it's a bit of a pain but worth it when u end up at your destination good luck and take lots of water with u

19driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 8th November 2015, 7:31 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I thought you mentioned long drives Indy  mate Cool. I do a million miles in a hour after all I drive a pulsar and it's well fast Razz

20driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 14th November 2015, 10:34 pm

ROB_IOW

ROB_IOW
the two star club
the two star club

Well we are back safe and sound ..

Left ours at 10am tuesday  caught the euro tunnel at 2pm and set off for strasbourg  arrived at hotel at 10pm
We did an overnight in strasbourg then set of for rome at 8am the following morning .  14 hrs later we arrived at there new house .

Before we left I predicted we would arrive at 10pm on Wednesday evening
We actually arrived at 9.40pm . 20 mins early .. lol

2 days rest then flew home ..

Northern France is so boring
Some stunning scenery  especially driving through the alps .
And Italian drivers are all nuts

Last edited by ROB_IOW on 14th November 2015, 10:39 pm; edited 2 times in total

21driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 14th November 2015, 10:36 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Glad to hear you made it back in one piece Wink

22driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 14th November 2015, 10:42 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Glad it went well Smile

23driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 14th November 2015, 10:57 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Glad it well mate.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

24driving to rome on tuesday  Empty Re: driving to rome on tuesday 15th November 2015, 4:28 am

splmum

splmum

Well done Rob Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum