Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

replacement actuator for 3071 tubby

+4
luke s
johnny gtir
nomad
Gtirjoe
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 24th October 2015, 7:18 pm

Gtirjoe

Gtirjoe

just wondering wondering what would be the best replacement actuator for a 3071 want to run around 1.8 bar, i have a boost controller.
current one is a forge but bored of rebuilding it Rolling Eyes

cheers joey

2replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 7:02 am

Gtirjoe

Gtirjoe

Anyone got an idea? Always had boost tail off up top of rev range with this forge one

3replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 11:50 am

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Have you not thought about an external wastegate .... not really sure about other makes of acuator i always thought the forge one was an upgrade so to speak ...

4replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 1:18 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

what spring rate is it ?

5replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 1:24 pm

Gtirjoe

Gtirjoe

Didnt really want to go external unless its for a bigger turbo, spring is the strongest one they sell think it 1.6 bar it does make 1.8 bar just doenst hold it

6replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 4:38 pm

luke s

Could you remove test it on a vacuum tester or send it somewhere that deals with and get it checked? How old is the spring?

7replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 8:38 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

If you really want to keep internal, what about the turbosmart twin port internal gates?

http://www.full-race.com/store/efr-turbo-accessories/turbosmart-efr-twin-port-actuator.html

This site only has Borg Warner ones but turbosmart do a universal one also

8replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 9:12 pm

GTIR James

What boost controller do you run joey? Does it hold boost on a manual daws device controller?

9replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 9:21 pm

shroom

shroom

GTIR James wrote:What boost controller do you run joey? Does it hold boost on a manual daws device controller?

Yeah may not be the actuator causing the issue, I know some older electronic boost controllers can start to play up with the solenoid

10replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 26th October 2015, 9:58 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

What do forge say about it ?

11replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 27th October 2015, 6:44 am

Gtirjoe

Gtirjoe

The spring is new, i guess i could test it i just assumed it was a actuator issue.
Have hks 5 boost controller it is old now tho i guess, havnt spoke to forge about it to be honest.
Woody ill take a look at those now

12replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 27th October 2015, 6:48 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Push forge thst you think it's there product of nothing else they should tell you the full specification of your actuator. E mail and then you can post reply up here if you need further advice on there reply

13replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 27th October 2015, 6:54 am

Gtirjoe

Gtirjoe

Yep good idea ill email them now

14replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 27th October 2015, 1:07 pm

GTI-R US

GTI-R US
Management
Management

Try running boost directly from boost source with a Dawes device
pop it down one day when were a bit quieter Joe and il try it for you if you like plus give her a run out on dyno to check fuelling and so forth

My monies on a faulty boost controller.........Dawes device is much more accurate

Nissan Performance & Tuning Centre
Services provided

Forge Engine rebuilds to specification
Body Restoration, Fabrication, Repair
Paint refinishing facilities
Ecu re-mapping-Performance upgrades
Auto Diagnostics, Injector cleaning  
Race & Suspension setup
General Servicing, Mots, tyre fitting
Full workshop facilities
http://www.gti-r-us.co.uk www.force500.com

15replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 27th October 2015, 1:17 pm

shroom

shroom

GTI-R US wrote:Try running boost directly from boost source with a Dawes device
pop it down one day when were a bit quieter Joe and il try it for you if you like plus give her a run out on dyno to check fuelling and so forth

My monies on a faulty boost controller.........Dawes device is much more accurate

Haha you beat me to it! Thats what I was suggesting run it with a dawes and see how it runs cheap and easy to test rather than ripping actuators out all the time

16replacement actuator for 3071 tubby Empty Re: replacement actuator for 3071 tubby 29th October 2015, 6:37 am

Gtirjoe

Gtirjoe

Good shout bob, will do that then mate is a very old boost controller now so would make sense if it was that i guess

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum