Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Newbie from the Midlands (kenilworth)

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Hello Everyone, I've just acquired a spares/repair 92 GTIR that i plan on stripping and rebuilding this Winter.
I live in kenilworth, although originally I'm from Newcastle (but please don't hold it against me).
I also worked at the Nissan engine plant during 1992-1995 were i used to build these engines into the Primera GT so I'm hoping for smooth ride Shocked
I'm looking forward to getting to know everyone and tapping into the knowledge and advice in the forums.
Neil

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Welcome to the forum neil .... sounds like you have a wealth of knowledge already ... any specs on the old girl what sort of state is it etc ...

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

Hi and welcome.
Look forward to seeing a built thread soon Wink

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Which Newcastle the proper one or southern one ? Welcome to the forum. Hold it against you your joking a few midlanders on here so join them and sit on the fence not admitting your a decent person a northener or soft southern fairy ha ha

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Welcome to the forum mate, look forward to seeing the project. Post some pics when you have a chance Smile

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Thanks for all your kind replies, Very Happy
I worked at Nissan a long time back, 92-95 so i've probably forgot more then i remember but i'm sure it'll come back. scratch scratch
Im from the proper Newcastle, Wallsend to be exact.
The guys i bought the car from had it tuned to 350bhp, forged pistons etc and it came with a folder with all the print outs etc. This may explain why the engine now sounds like a diesel. I reckon it,s all top end valve gear thats blown but ill find out soon enough.
Attached is a pic, ill add more as i strip it down.
Cheers
NeilAnother Newbie from the Midlands (kenilworth) <a href=Another Newbie from the Midlands (kenilworth) Image_zpszacex6vl" />

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Where did you buy it from don't  reconise it but looks good in picture sure it will keep you busy

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

Nice personal plate Wink

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Bought it in Birmingham, alas the plate wasn't included and will revert back to its std plate. Neutral
The panels are mostly good, NS door needs a bit of filling,
It wasn't undersealed so it needs a touch of welding, but i plan on under-sealing it afterwards.
I took this pic of the engine bay;
modified intercooler looks the business Cool

What's the max bhp anyone's got out their GTIR without the engine shatting itself?

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

here's the pic; Embarassed

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

Another Newbie from the Midlands (kenilworth) <a href=Another Newbie from the Midlands (kenilworth) Image1_zpsd5u8wzt8" />

3rd time lucky

At least from from the proper Newcastle not the fake southern one

Cosmic73

Cosmic73

What part of Newcastle are you from robd?
Not Wallsend/North Shields area?? Shocked

born in scotswood but grew up in newbiggin hall now live in ponteland

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum