Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Poly bushes

+4
gtir_woody
Mr B
daddyone
burrows1980
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Poly bushes Empty Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:01 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Just been watching Wheeler dealers and Ed used copper grease when installing the polybushes, coated bush and sleave to stop squeaking etc. Is this the correct procedure? Installing mine in the next few weeks, handy to know in advance!

Gaz

2Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:06 pm

daddyone

I'd have thought it would be best done in white grease / silicone or lithium. Copper would surely just dry out and go crusty, over time?

3Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:13 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

I used lithium grease on the subframe bushes mainly due to how tight they where. When I trial fitted the rear arms they push in fairly easily so didnt think id need to use anything on them..

4Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:15 pm

daddyone

I'd go with Lithium or White myself, there's nothing in any of those greases which could eat the poly / rubber or corrode anything metal nearby. I think it's literally a case of not squeaking or seizing...

5Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:17 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Some of the poly bush makers supply copper grease & some silicone grease, normally lightly smeared on all contact surfaces to stop squeaking that can occur with a poly bush.

6Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:19 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

A lot of bushes such as powerflex come with copper based grease.

7Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:20 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

Cool, thanks chaps! cheers

8Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:21 pm

daddyone

I hate to say this, but this forum is way more active than the OC...

9Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:23 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

People do seem to debate whether its an anti-seize or for use as a lubricant though (depending on brand)

10Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:24 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

gtir_woody wrote:People do seem to debate whether its an anti-seize or for use as a lubricant though (depending on brand)

We still talking about bushes Laughing

11Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:30 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Of course not ^ Laughing

12Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 9:51 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

It is daddyone.... Wink ive seen both white grease and copper come with poly bushes ....

13Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 31st August 2015, 10:01 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

daddyone wrote:I hate to say this, but this forum is way more active than the OC...
It sure is Wink

14Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 1st September 2015, 12:48 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

I use white as it feels less gritty than the copper on a rubber bush.

15Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 1st September 2015, 12:55 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Stu wrote:
daddyone wrote:I hate to say this, but this forum is way more active than the OC...
It sure is Wink
Before anyone says its a snide comment I use both forums and favour none.

I still belive its the friendly atmosphere on here and it still dates back and always will to the way new members got made to feel on the oc. There is a lot of very good info on there and some clever people years of valuable info. 

That said some clever people on here and the info base is always building. I find on here it's very close community and members always willing to travel and help others foc as has happend a lot. Lots of active meets etc and we're all here for a laugh. Yea not everyone is technically minded but we point them in the right directions with opinions not put them down or say you must do .......       Its a good laugh fun place

16Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 1st September 2015, 7:05 pm

Gtirchris

When I fitted my superpro's I used Dow Corning silicone grease specifically for suspension parts as it doesn't dry out, seems to have held up well so far.

http://www.guglielmimotorsport.co.uk

17Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 1st September 2015, 7:22 pm

burrows1980

burrows1980

This stuff Chris?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Molykote-Dow-Corning-DC4-Silicone-Electrical-Compound-Grease-Lubricant-NEW-/251464348333?hash=item3a8c7172ad

18Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 2nd September 2015, 8:08 pm

Gtirchris

That's not it mate, I'll have a look at what it is tomorrow as it's in my toolbox at work and I'll let you know buddy, it took me a while to find a suitable grease that doesn't dry out, I've used this on my daily and it's been ok on there for a couple of years now.

19Poly bushes Empty Re: Poly bushes 8th September 2015, 5:20 pm

Gtirchris

The grease that I used is Molykote Dow Corning 111 compound, silicone grease mate

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum