Gtir Motorsport club
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Gtir Motorsport club

Welcome to the largest Nissan Pulsar & Sunny GTI-R Forum. Masses of info, friendly members, cars for sale, lots of spares. Best forum on the net by far. Everything your gtir needs is here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Goodies have arrived

+3
Mr B
Supernova
gtir_woody
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Goodies have arrived Empty Goodies have arrived 26th August 2015, 9:06 pm

Supernova

Just got home today and some of my goodies have arrived Smile.

Fascia panel to replace the standard gauge pod plus a mechanical oil gauge.

Here a pic of the gauge temp fitted along with my wideband, just waiting for the oil temp gauge to arrive which hopefully will be here tomorrow along with some clio 182 discs so I can fit the 2 pot brake upgrade. Should be a busy weekend hopefully I'm quite excited.

Goodies have arrived IMG_1138_zpsjqxk1blr

I have a question though. How do I fit the mechanical oil pressure gauge? The oil temp one I have brought a sump adapter so it'll go straight in there so would I tap into the hole left by the oil temp sender?

2Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 26th August 2015, 10:02 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Gauges look good mate. What fittings does the mechanical oil pressure gauge come with? If you are planning on putting it where the oil temp sender was, I think it's a 1/4 NPT thread? Someone could confirm though.

3Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 26th August 2015, 10:26 pm

Supernova

Thanks woody I think my oil pressure gauge is getting a bit tired now as I get different readings on different days so an upgrade was needed.

The manual says it comes with 1/8npt and a 1/4npt adapter. So if the thread is right I should be ok to plumb it into where the temp sender goes? I'd prefer to do it that way rather than remove the standard oil pressure sender so I keep the low oil pressure warning buzzer also so I can return it to factory if I need to.

4Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 26th August 2015, 10:37 pm

Supernova

I've just found out that the thread sizes which are.

Oil Temp Sensor = 1/4 NPT
Oil Pressure Sensor = 1/8 NPT

So hopefully my little master plan will work and I will have some new gauges fitted over the weekend. If anyone knows those sizes are wrong please do correct them for me.

5Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 26th August 2015, 10:45 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Yeah it should be fine, I'm almost 100% sure that's where I had my autometer oil pressure sender on my old motor and it worked fine.

6Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 26th August 2015, 10:51 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

the standard oil pressure sensor is 1/8-BSPT
Way I done this was made an adaptor with 2 new sensor ports, one for the new oil pressure gauge sensor & one for a 0.7bar mitsubishi oil warning light switch to work the standard oil light (you could use the original one but they bulky, old & have rather low pressure activation.
You can buy adaptors too but sometime hard get exactly what you want
Good thing with pressure sensors is it don't matter moving sensor away from oil flow like it would with oil temp so you got more creative options when positioning pressure sensors .

7Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 26th August 2015, 11:10 pm

where did you get the panel from?

8Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 12:28 am

Supernova

robd wrote:where did you get the panel from?

Here bud. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Triple-52mm-x-3-Gauge-Holder-Pod-Panel-To-Fit-Standard-Stereo-Slot-Single-DIN-/161806058990?

9Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 5:43 am

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Get the adaptor off e bay it keeps standard oil pressure and gives a take off for your stack one. I guess if you look they might do a 3 way one if you have a seperate oil pressure warningĀ 

Remember you only get one little brass olive so carefull you don't kink the tiny plastic pipeĀ 
On the oil pressure gauge

10Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 4:37 pm

Supernova

I think I will try to mount it where the old temp sender goes failing that I'll just mount it where the old pressure sensor goes for the meantime until I pick up and adapter and a low pressure sensor.

Oil temp gauge has arrived today so I should be all set to fit them this weekend.

I'll be careful with the little pipe I'm a garage equipment engineer so I have a little bit of experience with hydraulic fitting ect I may even have some olives floating around in the workshop if I need them.

11Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 5:00 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

^ know who to come to now when have problem with garage equipment :-)
problem with temp sender position is it not good on room.
Best way is like you say, get it working on day then work out what need & revisit it to complete. T adaptor off the original pressure port can work well & be neat & tidy too. intermotor do a huge range of oil switches with various fittings & switching pressure so a new oil switch can be found locally or online for few Ā£

12Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 5:22 pm

Supernova

Here's the company website if you should need something lol. http://www.autoworkshopequipment.co.uk/

I'm sure i'll be able to sort something out thanks for the info mrb, helpful as always. I've done the hard part already in parting with my money so with some praying and a lot of obscenities I'll have some accurate working gauges.

13Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 5:42 pm

Mr B

Mr B
gtir technician
gtir technician

Your R is worth the expense mr supernova.
Some decent trustworthy gauges are worthy investment, those stack ones are clear to read & style looks right for the old R .

14Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 5:50 pm

Supernova

Here's all the gauges in the pod. It's a shame they didn't design the pressure gauge more like the temp gauge as it would look more like the standard units.

Goodies have arrived IMG_1139_zpsgp3ij8p1

15Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 5:59 pm

GTIR James

Supernova wrote:Here's all the gauges in the pod. It's a shame they didn't design the pressure gauge more like the temp gauge as it would look more like the standard units.

Goodies have arrived IMG_1139_zpsgp3ij8p1

They do. The one on the left is a bogo stack gauge, the centre one is a pro gauge.

16Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 6:04 pm

Stu

Stu
Admin
Admin

They look sweet.

http://www.j10-meets.co.uk

17Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 6:04 pm

Supernova

Oh! I wasn't aware of that that's strange because the one on the right was cheaper. Nevermind I can live with it.

18Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 6:06 pm

Supernova

Stu wrote:They look sweet.

Thanks Stu. Their a bit more understated than some of the ones you can find, the needle and numbering glows white too. I'll post more pics once their in and working.

19Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 6:39 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

They do a few my oil one is double figure style on readout and I went for the stack afr gauge

20Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 8:06 pm

GTIR James

Agreed. Looks good. I use the pro gauges & a pro control water temp stack gauge. Pro control has warning set points & out puts to trigger relays to turn fans on etc

21Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 27th August 2015, 8:51 pm

gtir_woody

gtir_woody

Gauges look great. Shame about the difference but doesn't matter. A lot of gauges have a different sweep between electrical and mechanical though.

22Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 29th August 2015, 6:38 pm

Supernova

We have working gauges haven't plumbed in the wideband yet but the other 2 a re working.

Only thing is the oil pressure gauge is quite sticky, I tried bleeding the gauge a few time but once you turn the engine off some air comes back out of the gauge. It's annoying but i'm hoping it will settle once I drive it for a bit.

Goodies have arrived IMG_1155_zps1xpun9qc

23Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 29th August 2015, 7:02 pm

johnny gtir

johnny gtir

Looks good mate where exactully did you plumb oil pressure into ?

24Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 29th August 2015, 7:20 pm

nomad

nomad
Admin
Admin

They look smart mateĀ thumbsup

25Goodies have arrived Empty Re: Goodies have arrived 29th August 2015, 7:25 pm

Supernova

johnny gtir wrote:Looks good mate where exactully did you plumb oil pressure into ?

Into the original oil pressure sensor port johny.

Goodies have arrived IMG_1148_zpsfocifnpr

Last edited by Supernova on 29th August 2015, 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum